• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MY FIRST CAR RITZ ZXI: Buying Process and Delivery

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

MY FIRST CAR RITZ ZXI: Buying Process and Delivery

Hi GearHeads...

I had plans of buying a car from long time but due to parking issues had to wait for a year...and i had been researching from past 1 year on which car to go for...

First, i had punto in mind as my friend also owns one and i have driven it more than him and has excellent handling and drive comfort but is very high priced. one more option was the hyundai accent which is a very good VFM sedan.. but old technology... and no safety features like ABS+EBD and AIR BAGS (Though it is useless for me..lol).

As i was looking for a car for my family, seating comfort was the main concern as my parents would use it often though i would be driving it... i thought of the ritz and its tall boy stance impressed me a lot and its a rev happy car with its new 1.2 ltr k series engine which generates 85ps ...best in its class which no other 1.2 ltr engine comes near to it..(correct me if i am wrong)

One fine morning decided to take a test drive of this car and visited RNS motors, Hosur road but they were not at all interested in selling me the car and neither did they offer me a TD and neither did they have a TD vehicle there. So called up Pratham Motors and spoke to their executive Mr. Sridhar and he was ready to give me a test drive the next day morning. As promised i was given the TD and the vehicle was in very good condition.. i fell in love with this car...its performance was more than expected and its interiors are better than many other cars.. specially the dual tone dashboard and the waterfall console etc..

I had taken TD of i10, Punto, Accent, Swift 1.2, i20, Beat and finally the Ritz, all of them were petrols as i dont want a diesel and my dad also doesnt like diesel vehicles...I found the Ritz catering to all my needs.

20th Aug 2010
      Called up Pratham motors and said that i wanted details about the price, offers and other stuff and they were more than happy to give me all the info. i went to Pratham motors sarjapur ring road and the staff was very courteous. I spoke to the executive about the offers, discounts and accessories and finally booked the car by paying 10000 as advance and he promised me to deliver the car within 30 -45 days.

Discounts and Freebies
      20000 cash discount
      2000 discount on under chassis coating
      Mud flaps, Floor Mats, Ganesha Idol, perfume

25th September 2010
      I got a call from Pratham Motors that my car has arrived at the stock yard. I told that i wanted a Pre registration check and they agreed to it and asked me whether i would like to go to the stock yard or they would get the car to the showroom and i opted for the latter as the stockyard was 16 kms far.
      The car was at the showroom in less than 40 min and i was already there at the showroom. I did a check on each and every detail mentioned in the checklist (courtesy tbhp) and gave a green signal for the registration process. I went for the full cash option and paid them and on 27th my car was registered. The sales executive told me that i can drive away in my car on 28th evening. i went to the showroom on 28th morning and checked the car again PDI and the under chassis coating had been done perfectly ( Nothing is perfect )

Extra Stuff/Accessories

1. Engine Nickeling
      2. Zinc coating for silencer
      3. TEFLON coating (Dupont)
      4. A/C medicated foam ( i dont know the exact term)
      5. Sunfilm (Garware)
      6. Under Chassis coating

On 29th morning i was told that the car would be ready for delivery by 4.30 - 5 pm. so i went to the showroom by 4.30 and was waiting for the car and the sales executive tells me that they are applying a final coat of teflon polish and it was done by 5 pm and he told me that the sunfilm was out of stock and i will be arriving in a short while and they would fix it the following morning. i said i want it done right after the pooja (Showroom itself). Finished pooja by 5.30 pm and told them to fix the sunfilm then itself and went to the terrace with them to see how they do the job. it was done by 6.30 pm and i finally drove out of the showroom. Then i headed straight to Reliance Auto zone in HSR layout in bumper to bumper traffic for 45 mins to get a new pair of Head lamp bulbs and a reverse camera and a 3.5" TFT LCD screen and got them fixed.
      Then finally went to Shell Petrol bunk on hosur road and got the tank filled to the cut off . then drove back home by 10.30 pm

Accessories details
      1. Bulbs - Philips X-treme power -
      2. Xenos camera and screen.

Driving Experience

Things I liked:
      1. More space in the cabin as it feels more airy. comfortable than swift.
      2. Engine smoothness. I get confused with whether the engine is running or not.
      3. Speeds of 80-90 kmph are reached effortlessly
      4. The gearshift is good and each gear falls into place properly
      5. Driving position is very comfortable because of the height adjustment .
      7. Handling is very good and the steering feels a bit heavy.
      8. Quality of music system is average but i am not a person who wants loud music and beats. i just need music to keep me going and not to get bored, so it doesnt bother me at all.
      9. Its tall boy looks are surprisingly good and i love the rear looks (from the rear not from side)
      10. Blue and Grey interiors make it look big.

Dislikes:
      1. Clutch is a bit hard compared to other cars.
      2. The headlights are next to useless. Though the front and rear fog lamps are a good.
      3. there is no engine temperature gauge
      4. The boot space could be better but i can still get along with it.

Here are some pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo013ajg.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	792.8 KB 
ID:	21923
      Mysore - at my friends place

Name:	Photo0116.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	855.8 KB 
ID:	21924
      waiting for sunfilms to be fixed

Name:	Photo0117.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	21926
      pooja

Name:	Photo0122.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	21925
      camera and screen to be fitted at reliance auto zone

Hope this review was not boring as it is too long.

sharath

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

nice review. loved reading it. I felt like i was taking the delivery of the car while reading.
      Last edited by The Flash; 9th Oct 2010 at 14:36.
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther

"Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

Awesome

thanx bala.

Now aware!

Awesome

Congrats on the buy Sharath!

So, is that headlight having the same rating bulbs or did you increase the wattage? How was the experience at Reliance?

Awesome

Bala, Congrats on ur purchase. The Ritz sure looks great, especially on the ZXI trim. Do run her in properly.
      drive safe!

Chintu :)

Awesome

@ Wheels: thank u
      i think the wattage is the same but with better brightness. The wattage is 12v 60/55 H4 and the maruti people said it is a good one. Reliance autozone is a good place to shop for accessories and other stuff.

off topic: its nice to hear from people from abroad.. as i am also from DXB and i stayed there for 6yrs and continue to travel there very often...

@ e46: thank u
      (correction) its sharath and not bala. ya i donot let it cross 2500 rpm and never go above 80 kph and never rev it hard (upto 1500 kms)
      Last edited by kris_sharath; 9th Oct 2010 at 16:00.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kris_sharath View Post
      @ @ e46: thank u
      (correction) its sharath and not bala. ya i donot let it cross 2500 rpm and never go above 80 kph and never rev it hard (upto 1500 kms)
      Sorry Sharath...
      drive safe!

Chintu :)

Awesome

@ e46
      that ok dude.... accepted

Secret

as much as people criticize the looks of the Ritz, I kinda like it. its very mod'able.
      there are lotsa things one can do to make it look like a show (like SEMA) car.
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

@e64:
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther

"Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information