• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Remapping TDCI: what can we lose for the gains

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I've used BMC (stolen from a certain ecosport in this forum) and now using a K&N. Don't see much difference between the two. Evolution88 uses motul 5w-30 if i'm not wrong and I'll be starting with the same oil soon.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by theFordster View Post
      Which engine oil do you use
      I am running on Shell Helix Ultra Professional 5W-30 AF. This is the oil Metro Ford use here. As I change at every 5K Kms, it holds good.

what do you say about BMC filters? are they as good as k&n, or should they be avoided?
      I don't have any experience with BMC filters. So, can't comment much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sriharsha View Post
      Evolution88 uses motul 5w-30 if i'm not wrong
      I had used Motul earlier & had tough time sourcing the same engine oil later. It was definitely good.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Welcome, Torpedo. 2013 VW
      Jetta TDI with DSG.

Awesome

Jumping in a bit late into this discussion but there is no question on should you or should you not remap. Go ahead and get it done with yesterday. And please, do remap it. Don't put piggy back ECUs, etc. Why the extra hardware when you can control existing hardware with new software?
      September 2013 (Mk.6.) 2.0 VW Jetta TDI with DSG, Highline.

Betta Getta Jetta

内部、燃える

Coasting...

Awesome

Note change in the Ghost's profile, Figo Further is gone. "Welcome, Torpedo. 2013 VW Jetta TDI with DSG". The question I have for him (like someone else said), is "Does she have a sister"?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88 View Post
      I had used Motul earlier & had tough time sourcing the same engine oil later.
      Is it? I thought bay6 stocked it and is available with the Motul distributor on JC road as well??

Sedate...

Awesome

I thought bay6 stocked it
      They had it years back. Off late they have moved to Wurth. Not sure with the current situation.

available with the Motul distributor on JC road as well??
      I got it from him once.

Issue was that I couldn't figure out the engine oil I used first time & the spec read more towards to a Petrol engine.
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Awesome

Issue was that I couldn't figure out the engine oil I used first time & the spec read more towards to a Petrol engine.
      This one I believe. I need to change my oil very soon. Planning to try motul for the first time on this car.

Motul 4100 Power 5W-30 API SM/CF Technosynthese Semi Synthetic Motor Oil for Petrol,Diesel, CNG Motorbike

1.. 2... 3.... poof.....

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by derPoltergeist View Post
      Jumping in a bit late into this discussion but there is no question on should you or should you not remap. Go ahead and get it done with yesterday. And please, do remap it. Don't put piggy back ECUs, etc. Why the extra hardware when you can control existing hardware with new software?
      It's never too late I'm definitely convinced about the remap. Just waiting for the right time since sirius motorsports is a little far away from my home and office. Also my thoughts exactly regarding the tuning boxes, I too feel that a remap will work out the best output taking into consideration all parameters while a piggyback ecu might not.

I am running on Shell Helix Ultra Professional 5W-30 AF. This is the oil Metro Ford use here. As I change at every 5K Kms, it holds good.
      I had used Motul earlier & had tough time sourcing the same engine oil later. It was definitely good.
      https://www.amazon.in/Motul-4100-Pow...GZNN31P09QYZ73
      Is this the oil by any chance? I'm so confused by all the sae/api/acea ratings not to mention the manufacturer specific classifications. I feel like I'm even more clueless than when I decided to read-up about engine oils.

I have found this other "MITASU" oil which is the perfect fit and exceeds the requirements for the 1.4 tdci engine which comes with the requirement of FORD WSS-M2C913-B (Figure lifted from the workshop repair manual). The oil i have mentioned comes with FORD WSS-M2C913-D rating. I would have picked that up if not for the expensive price tag. Link to amazon for reference https://www.amazon.in/MITASU-SPECIAL...3QRQS6RQCNBYBP

I've used BMC (stolen from a certain ecosport in this forum) and now using a K&N. Don't see much difference between the two.
      I found the BMC filter is cheaper on flybhp.com compared to the K&N on amazon, so I guess I'll order the BMC.

Thanks for the valuable tips and advice sriharsha, Evolution88 and derPoltergeist
      2012 . Ford Figo . TDCi . ZXi (White)
      2011 . BMW 320d . Highline (White)
      2015 . Hyundai Creta . SX(o) CRDi (Silver)

Sedate...

Awesome

This one I believe.
      Is this the oil by any chance?
      This should be the one but as I said earlier, label on back of the can might read oil more suitable towards Petrol engines.

I found the BMC filter is cheaper on flybhp.com compared to the K&N on amazon, so I guess I'll order the BMC.
      Are you taking the cheaper route? If you find BMC better than K$N, go for it. Don't buy BMC just for the reason it is cheaper than K$N.
      As well, these air filters are kind of life long. You just have to clean it once in a while. So don't bother much about the one time cost.

1.. 2... 3.... poof.....

Hungry

This should be the one but as I said earlier, label on back of the can might read oil more suitable towards Petrol engines.

NOTED.

Are you taking the cheaper route? If you find BMC better than K$N, go for it. Don't buy BMC just for the reason it is cheaper than K$N.
      As well, these air filters are kind of life long. You just have to clean it once in a while. So don't bother much about the one time cost.
      I've used BMC (stolen from a certain ecosport in this forum) and now using a K&N. Don't see much difference between the two.
      Since in most places on the internet from what I gathered is that it is mostly just personal preference between K&N and BMC and that there is no real difference between the two except for the colour, I thought I could save on the Rs.800 odd difference in price. I hope I'm not being penny-wise and pound-foolish. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again everyone!
      2012 . Ford Figo . TDCi . ZXi (White)
      2011 . BMW 320d . Highline (White)
      2015 . Hyundai Creta . SX(o) CRDi (Silver)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information