• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: which type of car variant is better diesel or pertrol

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

which type of car variant is better diesel or pertrol

expert please answer me which type of car variant we should always prefer petrol or diesel. i always have this question when i planned to buy a car. what should i go.....what is the advantage in having either of these types.....

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by varunvijay View Post
      type of car variant we should always prefer petrol or diesel
      Depends on what are you looking for and how you define better?

If you're looking for financials : Petrol Car or Diesel Car?

Future of Diesel or Petrol : Diesel is Dead ?

ICE..and BOTTAL

Awesome

Well considering you aint gonna keep it for next 20 years. And if you going to drive between cities or plan excursions I will say Diesel. High torque, good mileage. It is fun.
      Perfection is impression
      -----------------------------
      i10 Kappa VW POLO 1.5 TDI 2014
      RF T500-1||RF Punch 2 Series SW 10''||
      Dynaudio 342 Series 3 way||P6350 BT||Hifiman HM602||Mosconi AS100.4||Mosconi AS 200.4||Mosconi DSP 6To8||Tchernov Cable||VDH Cable||iPaul DM-2000||Morel Ultimo 12''||Headunit - F60BT||Micro-Precisions 7 3way||Dynaudio 242 Series 2 way||

What a CAR?

Awesome

If you love the lag, turbo and the grunt... it is always a diesel!
      Bitten by Linea Bug.... Now enjoying the MJD. Navigating with Sygic in Z1.

Hello friends

Awesome

If you are in NCR, and plan to buy either a second hand car or keep your cars for long times 6+ years then petrol makes more sense IMO. petrol car has better resale value and is usually cheaper to maintain.
      If you have high running, at least more than 1500km per month and would sell off your car in 4-5 years then diesel would suit you better.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      If you are in NCR, and plan to buy either a second hand car or keep your cars for long times 6+ years then petrol makes more sense IMO. petrol car has better resale value and is usually cheaper to maintain.
      If you have high running, at least more than 1500km per month and would sell off your car in 4-5 years then diesel would suit you better.

Agreed but Petrols dont always have better resale
      Depends on engines though definitely petrol is better for long run given all factors
      But diesels have better driveability
      For example 1.3 MJD was better in bumper to bumper conditions than 1.5 IVTEC(My personal experience after owning Ritz and City)
      Though honestly I cant make up my mind about which is better
      Though nothing says performance like my 2017 Tucson diesel, has characteristics of petrols and diesels in its performance

Hello friends

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      Depends on engines though definitely petrol is better for long run given all factors
      For example 1.3 MJD was better in bumper to bumper conditions than 1.5 IVTEC(My personal experience after owning Ritz and City)
      Though nothing says performance like my 2017 Tucson diesel, has characteristics of petrols and diesels in its performance
      I agree with the driveability. I like turbos. Yes. But I was just referring to resale value according to NCR as I am in NCR and after the diesel ban the resale prices have really taken a hit and it just seems to make sense to buy a petrol now instead of a diesel car, for me at least.

Brio SMT

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      Diesel turbo do have more torque but once you get used to being on right gear it is not a problem.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      I agree with the driveability. I like turbos. Yes. But I was just referring to resale value according to NCR as I am in NCR and after the diesel ban the resale prices have really taken a hit and it just seems to make sense to buy a petrol now instead of a diesel car, for me at least.

In that context, certainly Id anticipate the same for future, you are right there
      Must admit, hybrid petrols seem to be the future in India given diesels are getting unpopular off late worldwide and I dont see full electrics making practical sense , NA petrols have poor mileage, turbo petrols have poor driveability for city traffic, so hybrid petrols might be the solution

However I dont see diesels going away anytime soon for India, too many people are invested in the same wrt commercial vehicles and high end vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by KimiRaikkonen View Post
      Diesel turbo do have more torque but once you get used to being on right gear it is not a problem.
      Petrols need to be revved even in 1st gear for bumper to bumper conditions,can be slightly annoying especially if you have engines such as 1.5 IVTEC or 1.0 Ecoboost or any of the VW petrol engines whose low end torque is very low
      Once its in the rev band, 1.5 IVTEC absolutely flies , I personally didnt like the city driving of VW's 1.6 MPI,1.5 TDI and 1.2TSI (DSG variants-TSI,TDI and torque converter-MPI) compared to IVTEC

Thread Information