• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: My Precious Blue Diamond: Nexon XZA+ AMT D

PetrolPowered+DieselDriven

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      Did they find the root cause finally?
      The vendors' team will check it for the confirmation, according to the latest update on the fifth day.
      MY HIGHWAY CRUISERS: TATA NEXON MOROCCAN BLUE AMT XZA+ D [6 JULY 2018] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [15 APRIL 2013]

Awesome

Just now, the SA called me to inform that the replacement of turbocharger under warranty is approved by Tata Motors and order has been placed for that; if the part is available in Bangalore, I would get the car by tomorrow evening. Otherwise, another 4-5 days delay is expected. Since it is a costly part and rarely replaced, it may not be readily available in stock with Concorde or the other dealers, he said. So, I am continuously keeping my fingers crossed. With Blue Di parked in the home even if I don't take it out for days together, I feel normal. With Blue Di parked at the service centre several km away from me, I can't help feeling depressed.
      MY HIGHWAY CRUISERS: TATA NEXON MOROCCAN BLUE AMT XZA+ D [6 JULY 2018] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [15 APRIL 2013]

Awesome

Today, Blue Diamond has come back home after a week after the fourth paid service with a new turbocharger replaced under warranty. Now, the humming noise at idling is gone. The Concorde guys test-drove B Diamond extensively after the replacement of turbocharger to confirm everything is alright. The SA showed me the photographs of new turbocharger being fitted. When asked if it was a common problem in Nexon, he replied that mine was the first one with the turbo problem that he dealt with. I paid ₹ 963 for the fourth paid service.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4thServiceBill.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	571.9 KB 
ID:	238292

Awesome

Recently, I bought Amazon Basics extension cable having male and female ends, so that I need not struggle while changing connection from Google Maps from the phone to the USB drive for listening to the songs. Now, I can connect or disconnect and change from Google Maps to songs or vice versa easily. Now, I can have navigation from NaviMaps on my phone and listen to my favourite songs from the USB drive simultaneously.

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	653.8 KB 
ID:	238293

Name:	2.JPG 
Size:	807.5 KB 
ID:	238294

Here are some pics of the new Garrett-branded turbocharger, replaced by Concorde-Tata Motors under warranty. The SA was hesitant for sharing the photographs clicked by him at the time of installation. So, I clicked some for posting here.

Name:	3.JPG 
Size:	973.1 KB 
ID:	238295

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	238296

Name:	5.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1,003.9 KB 
ID:	238297

Name:	6.JPG 
Size:	942.0 KB 
ID:	238298

Name:	7.JPG 
Size:	997.4 KB 
ID:	238299

Awesome

Bangalore>Chennai

Blue Di took us to Chennai Royapettah home safely and comfortably. Left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar at 4:05 am today and reached Chennai Royapettah home at 10:45 am. We breakfasted at Sangeeta, Poonamallee for about an hour. Showers accompanied us from Vaniambadi to Sriperumbudur at varying degrees. Had a free passage at Electronic City as their scanner did not detect Blue Di's FASTag and the attendant manually lowered the boom to make way for Blue Di!

Name:	MID25112019.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	238358

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-25-19-24-30-99_49b96b5fbae0d12a18edc4a3afe0dfd9.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	238359

Awesome

Chennai>Bangalore

Did Chennai>Bangalore drive in 9.5 hours in busy hours of today. Phew! Exited Chennai home at 10:45 am and reached Bangalore home at 8:04 pm, including lunch break at saisangeet, Walajah toll and coffee break at A2B, Hosur. It's a record-breaking of all my Chennai<>Bangalore drives from time immemorial. I took a vow today to revert to my time-tested night driving hence forth. I saw a big crowd of car owners to buy FASTag at Pallikonda and Krishnagiri toll plazas at special camps. I have started using HUD bought a few years ago for my erstwhile XUV 500, which was lying unused after the departure of XUV 500. I dusted it off, found the OBD port and connected it. Voila! Now, I can see the digital display of speed, rpm and battery voltage on the windshield.

Name:  MID09122019.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  138.8 KB

Name:	IMG20191208152753.jpg 
Size:	803.0 KB 
ID:	238493

Name:	DSC00999.JPG 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	238494
      Last edited by J.Ravi; 9th Dec 2019 at 21:26.

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
      It's a record-breaking of all my Chennai<>Bangalore drives from time immemorial. I took a vow today to revert
      Hehehe. Welcome to our world of mere mortals
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Needing a Pajero!

Awesome

Ravi sir, I am planning to visit to Mahabalipuram on the christmas eve and am already getting anxious about the FastTag situation at the toll gates. I stay closer to KR Puram so I am better off taking the old madras road(via Chittoor, Ranipet) ?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
      I stay closer to KR Puram so I am better off taking the old madras road(via Chittoor, Ranipet) ?
      Yes, Chittoor route is nearer and better for you in spite of the 2-lane NH between Mulabagilu and Ranipet.

I saw all the toll plazas are getting ready for the mandatory FASTag from 15 Dec 2019 - or whatever date after that - by showing 'FASTag only' sign over all the lanes. For my yesterday's trip, Paytm shows only two deductions at Sriperumbudur and Chennasamudram - the first two toll plazas from Chennai - and all others are missing so far. I knew, my Nexon had a free passage at Attibele exit as usual, but BETL, Krishnagiri, Vaniyambadi and Pallikonda toll plazas surprised me by not deducting so far. In fact, I had an argument with the staff at BETL. All the lanes showed 'FASTag only' sign. I was guided by the security staff to a particular lane, where the counter staff demanded cash. When I refused to pay as I entered the FASTag only lane, I was allowed to drive through! In Krishnagiri, it displayed 'Blacklisted tag' and I was asked to pay cash. When I refused to pay as I had more than ₹ 800 in balance, I was allowed to proceed! I have not faced such glitches in so many toll plazas earlier. I think, they are upgrading both the software and hardware at all the toll plazas in view of the ensuing compulsory FASTag.
      Last edited by J.Ravi; 10th Dec 2019 at 14:48.

Awesome

Received a cashback of ₹ 16.38 for the toll paid during July 2019.

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-16-12-35-53-41_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.png 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	238525

From the past one month, I have been observing loss of a few psi pressure in the front left tyre. Today, I checked the tyre pressures. All the three tyres recorded 32 psi. The front left recorded 27 psi, indicating a loss of 5 psi/month. So, inflated the tyre and took it to the nearby puncture repair shop. He checked and found no punctures. Then, I told him to check the wall tube pin. He checked and found that it was worn out at the tip. So, he replaced it with a new one and inflated the tyre. Paid ₹ 50 and returned home. Now, I have to continue to monitor it for a few weeks.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread Information