• Secret
  • Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Bangalore to Chennai route and pitstop info

Nostalgia isn’t what it
      used to be

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by mmafreak View Post
      Sriperumbudur- Manimangalam - Tambaram route
      This route has potholes which are filled unevenly but manageable. 3 digit speeds possible but with caution as some potholes are not filled. I did a round trip to chennai on August 10th.

Beast Mode

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
      This route has potholes which are filled unevenly but manageable. 3 digit speeds possible but with caution as some potholes are not filled. I did a round trip to chennai on August 10th.
      Thanks dragstar.
      The bit near the turnoff to the highway (right after taking the uturn at Rajiv Gandhi ninnavakam) is bad. They've dug up one side and it's causing a pile up.

I reached that spot in 4 hours flat with a 20 min lunch break.
      Took Sriperumbudur-Kundrathur road till Madha Engineering college - 30 mins, road conditions as the same with some 20 speed breakers for the last 9 km.
      Then took the outer ring road all the way till where it joins Manimangalam road - 15 mins. Have to take a u turn after getting off the flyover. Bunch of potholes and flyover work going on, but roads are wide.
      Then Tambaram-Chrompet-Pallavaram- 25 mins- some traffic at Tambaram.

5 hours 10 mins.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Guys, will be driving to Kanchipuram this weekend and back. Need recommendations about best hotels to stop for breakfast and lunch. I received updates Krishna Inn is no longer good and Murugan Idli shop is more show than quality.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

KRRaj are you by any chance coming to meet Mr. Athi Varadhar in Kanchipuram ? If yes, please avoid. Crowds are crazy and it takes minimum 6 hours to 7 hours to get darshan in that temple.

If its for some other temple then on the way when you're coming towards Mathuranthakam try Steam Food, Only Coffee

Google Maps Location of Only Coffee

Its right on the highway towards Chennai, Google maps shows slightly as if its inside. There are too many only Coffee look alike shops. Don't get fooled by them. They'll have a Google Chrome like Logo (check in their site which I've provided) hoisted on a High rise post with TMB Mercantile Bank ATM right in front of their shop and its just after the JCB showroom.

They've a very good breakfast / lunch options similar to home made food with no additives or whatsoever. They've the best coffee around and they're the first ones to start the Trade Market Kumbakonam Degree coffee on the Highway after them only all those Highway coffee shops came up. Prices of food will also be reasonable.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      Need recommendations about best hotels to stop for breakfast and lunch. I received updates Krishna Inn is no longer good and Murugan Idli shop is more show than quality.
      The shoolagiri A2B is now revamped. I had stopped there last month on my way back from Vellore and it was good, much better than the Attibelle A2B. It is no longer inside the petrol pump and has moved to a new building towards the main road. Don't know how the crowd will be during weekends though.

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      Guys, will be driving to Kanchipuram this weekend and back. Need recommendations about best hotels to stop for breakfast and lunch. I received updates Krishna Inn is no longer good and Murugan Idli shop is more show than quality.
      There is Sai Sangeet on the way. At Vaniyambadi if I'm correct.

Good food, good ambience. Be warned that it'll be crowded.

And as Lvrmanan mentioned, Only coffee near to JCB showroom is kickass as well. Not to miss the food there. And ofcourse coffee too.
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther

"Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Thanks guys. Since I will be coming from Bangalore, only Coffee looks out of the way, but will try and do it on one of the days

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      KRRaj are you by any chance coming to meet Mr. Athi Varadhar in Kanchipuram ? If yes, please avoid. Crowds are crazy and it takes minimum 6 hours to 7 hours to get darshan in that temple.
      Yup, coming for the same. I heard about the crazy crowds, but since it is a once in 40 years event, I am going to give it a shot. Lets see, anyway there are enough places to visit nearby
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

In search of POWER

Hungry

2012 Cruze Eco 1.4Turbo ... Commuter Car

In search of POWER

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
      The shoolagiri A2B is now revamped. I had stopped there last month on my way back from Vellore and it was good, much better than the Attibelle A2B. It is no longer inside the petrol pump and has moved to a new building towards the main road. Don't know how the crowd will be during weekends though.
      It is indeed crowded on weekends, as usual. The quality is back to being good and the restrooms were neat. Overpriced as it always was, but a good place to stop. Adequate parking is also available and on weekends, one can get a glimpse of some good cars and bikes.
      2012 Cruze Eco 1.4Turbo ... Commuter Car

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by krish View Post
      Enjoy KRRaj
      Ya, Ya I read that and also saw the scary video. Lets see
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread Information