• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review of Pioneer's budget friendly New Processor - DEQ-S1000A for upgrading from stock HU

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
      Fingers Crossed I've postponed my purchase till I try the unit on the dealer's car

The plug and play cables though are not coming yet so you are left with using the RCA input or tapping the signal from the car's harness.
      Any update

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sksachinkadam83 View Post
      Any update
      I did cancel my purchase since a good condition Bit Ten came my way. I got to try the S1000A in my dealer's car here. For some reason it was behaving erratic with high level inputs but worked great with rca input.

Sound from the on board amplifier was slightly dynamic for my taste. Almost like a Pioneer 2-din sort of. The unit became really hot when we powered a set of slightly powerful speakers from it (Audison Voce 2-way Passive) but it was normal warm when we used it on coaxial speakers and entry level Pioneer 2-way so I definitely won't recommend it for a power hungry set since it will ultimately add a lot of distortion to the output.

Setup from the App was easy too but I could not try the music playback.

For the price it's a really nice upgrade for a stock setup and if you plan to use speakers that do not require a lot of power.
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

aware that he can set his
      status here

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
      I did cancel my purchase since a good condition Bit Ten came my way. I got to try the S1000A in my dealer's car here. For some reason it was behaving erratic with high level inputs but worked great with rca input.

Sound from the on board amplifier was slightly dynamic for my taste. Almost like a Pioneer 2-din sort of. The unit became really hot when we powered a set of slightly powerful speakers from it (Audison Voce 2-way Passive) but it was normal warm when we used it on coaxial speakers and entry level Pioneer 2-way so I definitely won't recommend it for a power hungry set since it will ultimately add a lot of distortion to the output.

Setup from the App was easy too but I could not try the music playback.

For the price it's a really nice upgrade for a stock setup and if you plan to use speakers that do not require a lot of power.

Hi Karan

Did you try using the Pioneer recommended 3 Way Harness for this process for connecting Stock HU and CAR input integration or sliced / diced the wires?

Regarding the heat - The onboard amplifier is like 14 or 22W like normal pioneer HUs, therefore this issue i feel.
      I think it should work fine if internal amp is switched off and external multi channel amps are used for speakers and sub amplification

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sarabpreet View Post
      Did you try using the Pioneer recommended 3 Way Harness for this process for connecting Stock HU and CAR input integration or sliced / diced the wires?
      The harness is not available yet with the shop. At least it was not when we tried the unit. I'm waiting for the harness myself since I want to use that and hack it up for integrating a different DSP

Quote Originally Posted by Sarabpreet View Post
      Regarding the heat - The onboard amplifier is like 14 or 22W like normal pioneer HUs, therefore this issue i feel.
      I think it should work fine if internal amp is switched off and external multi channel amps are used for speakers and sub amplification
      True. It will all boil down to the usage and application. Though I don't expect a lot of users keeping note of this and will still try to get maximum output of the on board amplifier.
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information