• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: JSP Ford Body Repair Shop, Bangalore - A BIG NO.

Sedate...

Awesome

JSP Ford Body Repair Shop, Bangalore - A BIG NO.

#Ford #Figo #Fiesta #Classic

First of all, I am not here to defame anyone or any Dealership. I just thought of sharing my experience so that others don't have to go through the same pain I had gone through.

On 8th September 2018 my Figo met with an incident & it called out for a body shop job as left headlamp & left fender were damaged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Car_When_Hit.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	233319

I used to get the job done on my car from Metro Ford & have been happy with them for all these years. As St. Marks Road shop was shut, I used to go to Lingarajapuram shop for service. Metro Ford have their Body shop in Hessarghatta. As I was out of town on 8th - 9th September 2018 I decided to drop the car to Body shop on 10th September 2018. If I drop the car on Lingarajapuram I may loose the whole day before car makes it to Hessarghatta. I decided to check out JSP Ford which recently I have been hearing good reviews about. I found their Body shop is on Bennarghatta Road close to Nice Road entry/exit. I decided to go over there so that delay in transporting car to Body shop can be avoided. This was the mistake I did & rest is a painful journey which span across one month.

I reached JSP Ford Body Shop on 10th September 2018 by 9:00 AM or so. Car was attended after few mins by Somanna, Service Advisor. I have given clear instructions about how my car should be handled including keeping it neat & tidy. I requested him to share the pics with me in each stage/daily so that I get to know what's happening. He told me that left fender, front bumper & left headlamp will be requested for replace & repaint. Front bumper didn't had much damage but few minor scratches. As anyway I am claiming insurance for the job, I decided to give it a try. I left the place hoping that I could see my car back in good shape soon.

I followed up with insurance folks & made sure there is no delay from their side to arrange the survey. Surveyor approved the above jobs as well. As parts were available with JSP Ford, I was assured the job will be carried out fast. I requested them to take time & do the job properly. I clearly told them that paint should match with other panels on my car in color/shade/look/feel. As well panel gaps should be taken care of.

Little did I know painful journey with JSP Ford is going to start from there. Next day onward I continuously followed up with Somanna & requested him to share pics of my car & the work being carried out. He never did that. There was a very old scratch on my bonnet as well as few stone chip marks. As the car is over there in the body shop, I decided to repaint the bonnet paying from my pocket. I was told that the fender & bumper is already painted & I should have requested to do this job earlier. Anyway I asked them to go ahead with painting bonnet as well. I requested for pics of painted panels but was not shared.

Next day when I called him he was not answering the call. I reached out to Mr. Tharesh, Service Manager who is the sole in charge of whole place in absence of dedicated Workshop Manager. He informed me that Somanna is on leave. As per my request, Tharesh shared the pics of panels & I wasn't feeling great about the paint matching between bonnet & bumper. I though it could be the angle or shade in which the pic was clicked. I again followed up next day & came to know work is completed. I asked them to process the bill & share it with insurance soon prior to the holidays which were there in sight. There was a delay from JSP Ford as well as from insurance provider for the same & that made sure I can take delivery of car only on 19th September 2018. 9-10 days after I dropped the car there for job.

When I went to take the car, I noticed that the paint job isn't great. Painting was carried out on Front bumper, Bonnet & Left fender. Front bumper have a darker shade than other two & rest of the car. It's easily visible with naked eyes & easy to spot from distance too. I was not at all happy with the same & questioned about this. I got vague replies like metal & fiber/plastic part will have two different shades, it is there on all cars and what not!!! I was not keen on any of those as my car wasn't so when I dropped it over there. As well, I have done a paint job few years back from Metro Ford where the rear bumper & boot were painted. That paint matching is nice & hard to spot the difference.

Apart from the paint matching issue, there were paint dust all over the car spoiling my wiper blades, other plastic components & headlamps. Panel gaps weren't great too. There were alignment issues as well. Paint on bonnet & fender didn't look like or give a feel it is fresh or new. Both panels looks dull & to my surprise there is already minor scratches and swirl marks on the same!!! After spending 9-10 days in workshop I didn't expect the car to be returned in that state. Interiors weren't kept clean & tidy too. When I dropped the car, I have given clear instruction that my car have to be treated well & windows should be shut while the car is in workshop. On top of that Somanna tried to convince me saying 3M interior foam cleaning is carried out on my car. I told him don't try to fool around. If foam cleaning would have been done, my car interiors won't be dusty & it won't look like the sad state it was then. I was thinking about how they normally cheat the customers during service stating they have done this, that and all.

JSP Ford was only interested in justifying all the mistakes & arguing only. For that almost all senior members there lined up. After going through all the pain waiting to take the delivery of car for more than a week, I didn't want to argue more over there. So took delivery of car & came. Prior to that I have expressed & shared my concerns with Mr. Tharesh who is the Manager over there. He have called me to his cabin & then admitted the mistake stating that the paint does mismatch and it have happened as all panels were painted at the same time - metal & fiber/plastic. I said that they should have taken care of properly and made sure fiber/plastic part have the same color/shade as metal panel. As well, I told him that I was told earlier that bumper & fender were painted. Bonnet painting I requested later. Now I am hearing a different version of it.

I was not at all happy with the paint job done on front bumper. Paint had orange peel effect. There was no finishing, paint mismatch with other panels and all. It looks like a cheap job done from outside. If that is what I wanted to do, I should have got it done from outside. They do a better job than this. After spending this much(24K in total) for the job, I don't want to see the car in this state. And that is not the way I kept my car over these many years.

Name:	Paint_Mismtach&Finish - Copy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	233326

Name:	Paint_Mismatch_1.jpg 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	233322

Name:	Paint_Mismatch_2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	233323

Name:	Paint_Mismatch_3.jpg 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	233324

Name:	Paint_Mismatch_4.jpg 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	233325

Name:	Bad_Finish_1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	233317

Name:	BadFinish&PanelGap.jpg 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	233318

Name:	Panel_Gap_1.jpg 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	233328

Name:	Panel_Gap_2.jpg 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	233329

Name:	Panel_Gap_3.jpg 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	233330

Name:	Paint_Dust_1.jpg 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	233320

Name:	Paint_Dust_3.jpg 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	233321

Name:	PaintDust_2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	233327

Name:	Washer_1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	233331

Name:	Washer_2.jpg 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	233332

I escalated the issue to Ford India next day & got a prompt reply from them. They arranged a conference call with Tharesh & he assured to give me a call back next day which never happened. I fell sick after that & was out of town for a week. Once I was back I received a call from Ford India. I have expressed my dissatisfaction. Ford India executive updated me that Dealership have agreed to repaint bonnet/bumper/fender. He added that from Dealership to get the approvals and all it took some time & he apologized to me for that. He shared the agreement to repaint all 3 panels over mail too. I was asked to drop the car at next convenient date.

I asked whether the Dealership have identified their mistake & how they are going to rectify it this time. He assured that Ford India will assure that this time it will be a proper job. I requested someone from Ford India to look into this directly. At that point they were not ready to that & assured me that they will ask GM, JSP Ford to hand over the vehicle to me post the job. I was still hesitant to do the job with JSP Ford and told that if JSP Ford is not confident enough to do the job, I don't want to do a trial & error job on my car. I would like to go with other Dealership whom Ford India think is capable of or Metro Ford works absolutely fine for me. He assured me again that this time job will be done to my satisfactory level.

I dropped the car on 6th October 2018 around 9:30AM. This time it was a different environment. No... It's not better. It was worse. They were like angry for escalating the issue. Didn't offer me a glass of water or coffee either. Somanna again took inventory of my car & I noticed that he quoted repaint bumper. There were no mention about fender/bonnet!!! I questioned this & he told that he was asked to do like that only by Tharesh. I showed him the mail from Ford India stating that Dealership have agreed to repaint bonnet/fender/bumper. He wanted to check with Tharesh again & confirmed that they are going to repaint bumper only. I went & spoke with Tharesh & he was like "You raised concern regarding the paint mismatch on bumper. That we will address. We won't repaint other panels". I showed him the mail which he himself was part of too but he was arrogant & not ready to do the job. He said he will do polish on other two panels. That's it. I told them, I don't know whatever you guys do, I want the job to be perfect. Met Mr. Sathish, Body Shop Manager(later came to know from him he joined only on 1st October 2018). He listened to my complaints & assured issues will be addressed properly. As I didn't want to argue with them anymore, I left the place.

I put this to the notice of Ford India representative which he assured will look into. He updated me later that they are repainting only bumper & they assured other panels will be taken care of. I told him this is a clear case of JSP Ford not listening to Ford India & Ford should have control over this. He assured me that car will be returned in proper state.

Mr. Sathish have contacted me once the job is done & as per my request he shared the pics. I noticed that the panel gaps are still not addressed pointed out the same. He said will look into it. Meanwhile I received a mail from Ford India on 11th October 2018 stating that the job is done & I can take the delivery of car. So, I go on 13th October 2018 to take the delivery of car. I reached JSP Ford by 9:30 AM. Met Sathish & Tharesh. Sathish asked me to wait while he get the car out from their garage. I was waiting & found that the car is getting prepped for delivery. I decided to take a walk to that side & see what's going on. Once I was near the car, Sathish noticed me & asked me to check out the car. This time paint matching was good but when I touched the bumper I felt the roughness. No... It was not a dusty layer outside. It felt inside. It can be from a dusty paint booth. And orange peel effect is still there. To my surprise there were tiny dots/pores on bonnet/bumper/fender.

Name:	IMG_20181017_151450.jpg 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	233333

I noticed that other panels of my car also have the rough feeling now. I believe they didn't do proper dusting & just applied polish/wax on my car. I asked Sathish to attend to the panel gaps which were looking real ugly. They tried for 2 hours while I wait over there & return the car in somewhat better state. I asked them to check the headlamp alignment as it was not taken care of when they replaced the left headlamp. When I drove it over night I noticed that the left headlamp is falling too short; close to the car. I manually adjusted the headlamp height then. I asked them to check the angle using the headlamp adjustment equipment. They parked the car against a wall & was going to do the adjustment. I stopped them stating that this I can do & this is what I have done. Height adjustment can be done using this method but for angle it is better to use the equipment. They admitted that they don't have the equipment with them. I didn't want to waste any time over there & got out of there.

On 17th October 2018, I wrote a mail to Ford India to acknowledge that I have taken the deliver of car. I have shared the concerns with them again along with pic. I have received a reply stating that Ford India have taken up this issue with Dealership on a serious note.

As I stated in the start of this post, this is not to defame anyone or any Dealership. I just wish no one should go through this pain. Hence shared the experience I had with JSP Ford over here.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Well. Wasn't a very good experience with JSP for me as well with general service, the 2 times that I was there.

I switched to JSP from Cauvery as JSP is closer to home. Not that Cauvery was any better. But atleast I had no complaints with the general service at Cauvery. Body shop though sucked donkey balls at Cauvery.

I'm done with FASS for good. I do all general services at home and have decided to use dedicated body shops outside (touch wood should not be going to any of them).

I'm a happy man.

Sent from my CPH1859 using Tapatalk

It's not how fast you drive.
      It's how you drive fast.

Awesome

Being colour blind is a great asset when it comes to a peace of mind. People can con you but one sleeps peacefully as life is just too complicated in myriad colours.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88 View Post
      First of all, I am not here to defame anyone or any Dealership.
      Shoddy work. Take the car back ans ask them to do it all again and tell them not to correct the new paint to match for fading.

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      Take the car back ans ask them to do it all again
      Am done with them. There is no point going to the same Dealer and asking them to correct it.
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

A well oiled machine

Awesome

While I sincerely empathize with you I tell you that it is very stressing to be so obsessed with anything materialistic. I have learnt this lesson myself of late. When an idiot did similar, but with my dash and trims and everything interior, I just vented out my anger giving him mouthful, bid goodbye to him and simply moved on. Forgive and live in peace.
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      Being colour blind is a great asset when it comes to a peace of mind
      +1000

None of these so called After Sales Service do a quality work with eye to detail which can fulfil enthusiasts. To them its all about money. No matter how much ever we escalate or shout at them, things are not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      bid goodbye to him and simply moved on. Forgive and live in peace.
      This is best thing we have to do.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Linea MJD

Secret

While I sincerely empathize with you I tell you that it is very stressing to be so obsessed with anything materialistic. I have learnt this lesson myself of late. When an idiot did similar, but with my dash and trims and everything interior, I just vented out my anger giving him mouthful, bid goodbye to him and simply moved on. Forgive and live in peace.
      This is what I too used to, earlier, irrespective of my family was with me or not.
      As someone posted here, I'm now careful with such acts. If alone, I would still do it, but keep it to myself and then move on.

Sedate...

Awesome

I tell you that it is very stressing to be so obsessed with anything materialistic.
      I understand but that's not the way I treated my cars & they have treated me back too. I am sure many of us out here including you are of the same thoughts & on the same page.
      It's hard to see our loved cars treated badly when we love/care and spend our time/effort to keep them in shape.

When an idiot did similar, but with my dash and trims and everything interior
      Sad to hear that. I wish all these folks learn from their mistakes & correct it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      None of these so called After Sales Service do a quality work with eye to detail which can fulfil enthusiasts. To them its all about money. No matter how much ever we escalate or shout at them, things are not going to change.
      First of all they don't understand our feelings towards car & think what's so much to cry foul about it(bad job/imperfection).

Thread Information