• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skoda Fabia Ownership review

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Skoda Fabia Ownership review

Hi Folks,

Joined GH about a month back, I am a die hard motorist with about 50k on my bullet 500, 80k on my Fiat Palio, some 10k on my trek bicycle and some 4k on my month old Skoda Fabia(TDI, BS4, brand new!).

Fabia is my first diesel and I love every drive I have in it. When I decided to go for it, was initially scared off with all the negatives around it, TBHP guys seem to have quite a grudge with Skoda! Anyway what cliched the deal for me was the huge discount being given out, I got around 1.1 lakhs as discount after a nail biting bargain and picked it up on 9th Sept.

Let me start with the negatives first
      - tad higher engine noise than the CRDI plants
      - should have been shod with 15inch wheels
      - Ground clearance should have been higher
      - Better sound insulation to the engine

Now the positives
      Frills-
      - Absolutely love the build quality, the fit and finish is superb, suspension is a gem
      - Huge leg room and boot space, we are all six footers in the family and we fit right in!
      - Love the wipers, these are those rounded ones and they just hug the windscreen, the washer system is quite good too and sprays a fine mist
      -The power windows come with one touch and pinch control
      - The steering tilts and retracts as well
      - With the ignition key removed, the indicator lever can be used to switch the parking lights on one side only, saves you battery and keeps your car visible
      - Illuminated glove box and boot space
      - rear ac vents
      -The OEM music system is a gem, had a heavy set up in my palio but never felt the need to upgrade this one
      - Love the auto lock feature at 15 kmph

Engine:

- Fantastic is the word, pulls easily from revs as low as 1k in upto 4th gear, took the gear to as low as 40 in 5th gear and no jerking whatsoever
      - The turbo kicks in at about 1.6k and 2k and beyond is take off!
      - The engine does not hesitate in reaching its top speed of 160+, I was able to achieve it quite easily on the EC elevated expressway with 4 people on board and AC on, uniform acceleration till the top speed is reached,actually did not push it beyond 160.
      - The gearbox is marvelous, slots in perfectly
      - The air intake is build to take the air from the front grill, providing it with the coldest possible air

I havent had a lot of highway run on it yet, however when i did the speed run on Nice road and EC elevated road, it returned an FE of 17kmpl, while it regularly returns around 15 kmpl in city, so I am a pretty happy chap right now

The service so far has been great with Vinayak motors, any issues with service and one phone call to the sales team gets the GM involved and priority treatment. So service is really improving with Skoda wide open to listen to its customers.

Planning to do a trip to hyd during diwali, will post up more experience as I go along!

Happy motoring to everyone

Shobhit

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

congrats on your new car dude. do post a few pics of your drive.
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther

"Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

Great report.
      How much was it on road?
      Let us know about the service experience. Also, do you have a total care package for the fabia? With the new price cuts, the fabia does look tempting.

Awesome

Congrats on the car !
      Fabia is a great car, sturdy, roomy, lovely steering, fantastic gearbox, performer.
      Noise is a bit high at idle only which will also settle after some running. But engine is very good.

Now aware!

Awesome

Congrats Shobhit!

Good to know about the service being provided.

Some photos please!

Awesome

Fabia is a great car marked down by some indifferent after sales service: good to hear Skoda is improving on this front. Now with the 1.2 CRDI engine it must be better on refinement and the 1.6 petrol must be a real performer.

Awesome

Thanks guys! I bought mine for 6.85 lakhs on road for the classic, heard the newer Fab is cheaper, but they have removed a lot of options like music system, rear power windows, even the parcel tray, so I dont think I was on the bad side of the deal.

The 1.2 diesel is quite silent, but I am not sure if it has the lugging power required for the heavy fabia, the drag was quite evident on the polo itself which is lighter than the fab.

The 1.4 TDi PD engine though around 71 BHP pulls very nicely and is quite adequately powered, it might not win in a sprint race, but can easily continue pulling with the same acceleration beyond 100-140 kmph, where the other similar capacity engines might start losing power.

Havent gotten around to click some decent photos yet, plan to do that very very soon!

The skoda service has improved, though still not at par to the japs, you will still need to nag the service guys to do a quality job, but at least now they listen!

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

The 1.4 PD is not available anymore is it?
      Please subscribe to the #Cochin hashtag for notifications on the Cochin meets.

Awesome

The 1.4 is still available with the dealers and I guess the discount would have gone up even more with the new model being launched, the only catch, 1.4 wasnt manufactured after july/Aug.

For anyone even contemplating buying a skoda, this would be the best time to pick one up!

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

I guess I should TD the PD. what about the skoda total care package? anyone heard anything good about it? Is there even a package like that in existence?
      Please subscribe to the #Cochin hashtag for notifications on the Cochin meets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information