• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yi Dual Camera Mirror DashCam

Grande Punto 90hp

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      I've never heard of a case where in you're charged in Customs and raising a Aliexpress dispute they refund your money !!! Honestly they clearly mention customs duty is something depends on your country. Why should they refund for customs charges which is to be borne by us ? Its not fair to ask them for a refund just because we get customs.

On the other hand, I've never had major issues except for one or 2 items which attracted a little customs duty. One for a 23" Light bar shipped via FedEx and the guys charged 1.2K customs for a 5k worth light. Another case 700 bucks for a 4k worth Yi Mirror Dashcam but ended up not paying it due to revaluation with Customs department. That too because the seller marked it as Photography equipment which I went and explained that its a car DVR and nothing related to Photography and told I bought it for my personal use. Customs do charge without exception when the product is for a commercial use or you're going to sell it to customers. As long as it is for personal use, they won't charge.
      Not talking about customs charged, if your product is held by customs then aliexpress would refund your money.

I have been asked to open dispute by customer care when my yi 4k plus was held by customs, luckily they released it without charging anything.
      In an incident my friend ordered lights and he wasn't at home so delivery guy gave him a call asking him for customs duty and he refused to take the delivery, after some time he got the money back and to his surprise he got the product delivered after 2 weeks. He talked to customer care and told them that he got the product after refund that too without customs, they told him nothing can be done now.

My point here is just that it's worth a shot to get Chinese products directly from China instead of paying double the price to brokers in India. Though I posted the links of same products available at Amazon, so it's simply the choice of buyer to get the products from wherever he want.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
      pEOPLE dON'T fA!L , tHEY g!VE uP

Hello friends

Awesome

but ended up not paying it due to revaluation with Customs department.
      How is a revaluation done? I once bought a product which should not have been charged any duty. But the customs guys just increased the price on the bill and then charged me customs duty. It was handled by FedEx. I'm not sure if the money anyways went to customs or it was some foul play by FedEx guys.
      But I just let it go as it was not a very big amount.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      How is a revaluation done?
      Trust me FedEx always messes up. If the parcel comes through India Post, you can decline to get the package and send back saying you will request for revaluation. Do take a photo copy of the customs duty receipt which will be brought by the postman and approach the Foreign Post Customs office which will be typically nearby the head post office in your place. There you'll be requested to fill a form with invoice copy of the item you bought along with other declarations like purpose of import, etc. Once you do that, they will re-evaluate and reduce / negate the customs duty. Patience is a must in this activity because it is going to take additional amount of time and you know how our government offices work. Mind you if you've requested seller to undervalue too much you might end up in trouble. They're fairly up-to-date on the pricing details so play it safe.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Punter for life !

Awesome

@OP : Yi Dual Camera Mirror DashCam : isn't its panel reflection poking eyes while driving at night, especially with truck high beams or even fortuner's beams. It kinda forced us to switch to A119.

Trust me FedEx always messes up. If the parcel comes through India Post, you can decline to get the package and send back saying you will request for revaluation.
      Tell me about it, The worst i ever had was to pay customs of Rs.2540 for Yi Smart Dashcam worth Rs.4700 in Aliexpress. Couldn't get over it a long time, to gain revenge over
      this i ordered VIOFO A119S with few goodies for 102USD from a family member returning from US. Time to sell Yi or will be used as a rear footage camera.
      Last edited by abhinov; 17th Nov 2018 at 00:33.

Hello friends

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by abhinov View Post
      @OP : Yi Dual Camera Mirror DashCam : isn't its panel reflection poking eyes while driving at night, especially with truck high beams or even fortuner's beams. It kinda forced us to switch to A119.

Tell me about it, The worst i ever had was to pay customs of Rs.2540 for Yi Smart Dashcam worth Rs.4700 in Aliexpress. Couldn't get over it a long time, to gain revenge over
      this i ordered VIOFO A119S with few goodies for 102USD from a family member returning from US. Time to sell Yi or will be used as a rear footage camera.
      Since you have both how would you compare the quality of both? I already own A119S and was thinking to get yi dashcam for my other car this time.

Trust me FedEx always messes up. If the parcel comes through India Post, you can decline to get the package and send back saying you will request for revaluation. Do take a photo copy of the customs duty receipt which will be brought by the postman and approach the Foreign Post Customs office which will be typically nearby the head post office in your place. There you'll be requested to fill a form with invoice copy of the item you bought along with other declarations like purpose of import, etc. Once you do that, they will re-evaluate and reduce / negate the customs duty. Patience is a must in this activity because it is going to take additional amount of time and you know how our government offices work. Mind you if you've requested seller to undervalue too much you might end up in trouble. They're fairly up-to-date on the pricing details so play it safe.
      Thanks for the explanation. Will come in handy in future.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by abhinov View Post
      Thats why I had no qualms spending 8-9k for Yi smart Dashcam on Amazon.in
      Even if the seller is getting profit, at least its hassle free and almost costs the same

Punter for life !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      how would you compare the quality of both
      Over Yi, Video quality is slightly better in A119S esp. when it comes to zoom-in, reading other vehicle's plates, night/low-light recording is better in A119S. However the sticking the GPS mount on the windshield is irritating if i have to switch camera between cars and that's where Yi's suction mount is too damn docile. A sample from A119S below(ignore the reflection, tried a suction mount here):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V119.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	233696

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      at least its hassle free and almost costs the same
      Right, After that Aliexpress purchase, I found it sane to order from Indian shopping websites even though costs are a tad high.

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

I dont get how come this thread is in ICE section ?

Pio
      80PRS | AP Brahma6W | AP NZ3AlBe | Biketronics BT4180 | Focal 33v2 | RockFord T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12 |Custom RCA's | 0 AWG Pure Copper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information