• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: FIAT FNGs in Bangalore

Linea MJD

Secret

FIAT FNGs in Bangalore

Hi Folks,

I have my Linea diesel in Bangalore and I want your help to identify reliable FNGs (friendly neighbourhood garages) in Bangalore.
      I have taken my car to KHT Whitefield to get it serviced. However, last time was a bad experience. They changed many parts without informing me and even stealing some small, though useful things. I ended up paying Rs.8000/- more than the estimate. And the work done was not satisfactory, the car had to be sent to them again.
      I usually leave the car at service centre and ask them to deliver.

I am want to utilize knowledgeable FNGs this time. The problem I face now is that, the speedometer does not move. The KM reading is stuck too.
      I guess the car is not sensing the wheel rotation, somehow.

Could you please point me to FNGs in Bangalore for FIAT?

We stay in Indiranagar.
      Thank you.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hi limraj,

You can visit JK Automobiles in Kalkere (Ramurthynagar). The owner is a fellow Fiattian and the place is good. below is the FB page

https://www.facebook.com/jkautomobil/

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by syed.zs View Post
      Hi limraj,

You can visit JK Automobiles in Kalkere (Ramurthynagar). The owner is a fellow Fiattian and the place is good. below is the FB page

https://www.facebook.com/jkautomobil/
      Recommended place for Fiat service.

Bangalore

Awesome

If you don't mind going toward Mysore road then Pride Cars is one. Owner Harish has been doing fiat cars for more than a decade now and have got my BILs Punto services over there.

Pride Cars
      Uttarahalli Main Rd, Hemmigepura Ward 198, RR Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560098
      098455 67282
      https://goo.gl/maps/afEMmxHoSw52

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

What a CAR?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by limraj View Post
      Hi Folks,

I have my Linea diesel in Bangalore and I want your help to identify reliable FNGs (friendly neighbourhood garages) in Bangalore.
      I have taken my car to KHT Whitefield to get it serviced. However, last time was a bad experience. They changed many parts without informing me and even stealing some small, though useful things. I ended up paying Rs.8000/- more than the estimate. And the work done was not satisfactory, the car had to be sent to them again.
      I usually leave the car at service centre and ask them to deliver.

I am want to utilize knowledgeable FNGs this time. The problem I face now is that, the speedometer does not move. The KM reading is stuck too.
      I guess the car is not sensing the wheel rotation, somehow.

Could you please point me to FNGs in Bangalore for FIAT?

We stay in Indiranagar.
      Thank you.
      Are you very particular on service at Bangalore location? If not drive to True Sai Salem. Sakthi does a wonderful job. Lots of folks whom I know get the cars there both from Bangalore and Chennai location.

For things like changing engine oil, coolant top up, pollen and air filter changes, you can get it done locally. Any mechanic would be able to help you out. For any other service go to Salem.
      Bitten by Linea Bug.... Now enjoying the MJD. Navigating with Sygic in Z1.

Linea MJD

Secret

Thank you syed.zs, racing_2012, KK_HakunaMatata, livelyyoungman.

For the time being the below are my preference.

1. JK Automobiles - owner being a fellow Fiatian. I have nice experience in KL with another FNG who himself owns a Punto.
      2. Pride Cars - Still in Bangalore
      3. True Sai, Salem - Distance is a problem. Its 200 km one way, would take about 10 hours min for the to and fro journey itself and another 3-4 hours min for the guys to fix. But, if car develops any serious problem where I should leave it for days, it can be considered. Surely keep this name in mind, as while travelling to KL car develops a problem, I could go there.

Linea MJD

Secret

Checked this out. Pretty happy with their work and approach. Responsive in FB messages too. It’s only couple of months since they started. By ex-FASS guy who has been owning different Fiat cars for more than 10 years.
      It was the rat cutting wires in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linea MJD

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by limraj View Post
      Checked this out. Pretty happy with their work and approach. Responsive in FB messages too. It’s only couple of months since they started. By ex-FASS guy who has been owning different Fiat cars for more than 10 years.
      It was the rat cutting wires in my case.

I meant JK Automobiles, Kalkere, Bangalore.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5520.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	233873

Linea MJD

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
      Pride Cars
      Uttarahalli Main Rd, Hemmigepura Ward 198, RR Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560098
      098455 67282
      Google Maps
      Have been to Pride Cars, Channasandra last weekend. To fix right pull.

Well equipped, they are.
      8 bays (with 3 lifts) + 1 bay for washing + 1 bay for alignment. The bays are roomy, not congested. All the equipments (lifts, alignment, balancing, etc) are new. Lead by knowledgeable Hari on the floor. He is also one of the partners. The workers are a mix of experienced and young (more young, but enthusiastic guys) all in same Pride cars uniform.
      I could count 30 cars there (10 on the floor, rest in yard). Establishment is 1 year old.

Hari test drove my car and also inspected wheels. Diagnosed that FR lower arm was gone, along with ball joint on the FL wheel. I asked them to change. He suggested changing the FR ball joint as well, which I agreed. He also asked for FL lower arm change though it was working. I declined this, as it was a working piece.
      Had to wait 3 hours or so get the parts. They fix them and then go to do the alignment, without balancing!!! I insisted to get the balancing done. He balanced the front 2 wheels and said the rear alignment does not cause issues, which I had to accept.
      Then we drove out and saw that there were no pull. But, the FL wheel had negative camber and the tyre started to go bald at the inside edge. He said he can fix by filing a little bit on the suspension. I agreed. They filed a little bit more of a screw hole and then re-aligned. We test drove, the pull was on to the left side now. The tyres were exchanged and the left pull became not so noticeable. I drove back after payment as per the bill.

Good :
      Knowledgeable
      Well equipped
      Passion to get things right.
      Can source parts

Not so good:
      Alignment without balancing & skipping the balancing of the back tyres
      Not so cheap - parts & labour. The lower arm was charged 15% more (wrt 99rpm). Balancing was charged for 4 tyres (done only for 2). Labour at 700 Rs/hr, approx.

Would I recommend? - Yes (next time, I would be more vigilant on checking the bill or correcting/discussing the labour charges).

Thread Information