• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: KWID - Kitna deti hai?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

KWID - Kitna deti hai?

Owners of KWID..

1.What is the fuel consumption that you have seen?

2. Are there any modifications that you have made to your cars?

"Cogito Ergo Sum"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
      What is the fuel consumption that you have seen?
      For an 800cc u can expect 17kmpl within the city and probably 20+ on the highway, I recently used one and it gave me an average of 16 on the highway (was wringing it by its neck)

Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
      Are there any modifications that you have made to your cars?
      I don't feel any mods are required, probably a headlight bulb upgrade would do

Its a very good car for a small hatch, good low end, average mid and strong top end

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
      For an 800cc u can expect 17kmpl within the city and probably 20+ on the highway, I recently used one and it gave me an average of 16 on the highway (was wringing it by its neck)

I don't feel any mods are required, probably a headlight bulb upgrade would do

Its a very good car for a small hatch, good low end, average mid and strong top end
      I own a 1 lt AMT version, getting 13.7 in city, did not gather the courage to take it out on the highway.

Since it is manufactured in India, is there a way to procure the parts meant for the Brazilian version?

"Cogito Ergo Sum"

Awesome

Didn't want to start a new thread so posting the issue here..

Alright, so there seems to be a big big big issue with the Kwid 800 (not sure if the same exists with the 1ltr). I have googled for the same issue and have come up with couple of matching complaints and I guess Renault knows this and doesn't want to acknowledge it officially.

The issue lies with the brake booster and the AC compressor, I had first noticed this issue when I used the Kwid on one of my Goa drives. I was doing about 90kmph with the AC on and had to brake hard for one of the speed breakers, while breaking I noticed that the brake effectiveness had declined and I assumed it could be an issue with the brake pad, however i encountered the same feeling couple of times while the AC was running. I had the brake pads inspected and they had lots of life left in them, while returning I tried replicating the issue and it yielded same results and when I switched the AC off the issue disappeared. This made things very clear for me, the AC compressor was demanding more power and was also sapping the power which goes to the brake booster.

Last month the Kwid had to go through its yearly service schedule and I had a chat with the SA at their Whitefield service center about this issue and to my surprise he said that there was a software update for the same, he said that he will flash the same during the service which he didn't even though they had the car for 2 full days and unfortunately I learnt about it last weekend.

I use this car rarely and I had taken it out for a spin last weekend and this time around, not only did the brakes not function the engine completely shut down twice while braking. The AC was on full blast as the weather was scorching hot, not sure why the engine stalled but I gotta blame that damn compressor. Will be sending it to the service center and will update this thread after its back, lets see what Renault has to say.

Awesome

Alright, so there seems to be a big big big issue with the Kwid 800 (not sure if the same exists with the 1ltr). I have googled for the same issue and have come up with couple of matching complaints and I guess Renault knows this and doesn't want to acknowledge it officially.

The issue lies with the brake booster and the AC compressor, I had first noticed this issue when I used the Kwid on one of my Goa drives. I was doing about 90kmph with the AC on and had to brake hard for one of the speed breakers, while breaking I noticed that the brake effectiveness had declined and I assumed it could be an issue with the brake pad, however i encountered the same feeling couple of times while the AC was running. I had the brake pads inspected and they had lots of life left in them, while returning I tried replicating the issue and it yielded same results and when I switched the AC off the issue disappeared. This made things very clear for me, the AC compressor was demanding more power and was also sapping the power which goes to the brake booster.

Last month the Kwid had to go through its yearly service schedule and I had a chat with the SA at their Whitefield service center about this issue and to my surprise he said that there was a software update for the same, he said that he will flash the same during the service which he didn't even though they had the car for 2 full days and unfortunately I learnt about it last weekend.

I use this car rarely and I had taken it out for a spin last weekend and this time around, not only did the brakes not function the engine completely shut down twice while braking. The AC was on full blast as the weather was scorching hot, not sure why the engine stalled but I gotta blame that damn compressor. Will be sending it to the service center and will update this thread after its back, lets see what Renault has to say.
      I think we should not exceed 60-70 kmph on that vehicle. It's not built to exceed 60 kmph for more than a few seconds. Just my opinion.

Awesome

No the 1ltr does not seem to have this issue. Did a highway run of 800 kms with the AC on all the way. No brake fade. Mileage was 18.5 as per the readout. Car can maintain a 100 kmph.

Lone Ranger

Awesome

I remember reading somewhere that Renault was recalling KWID for replacing the brake booster. Please check with their service centre once.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

Awesome

I just searched Google for kwid brake booster and came across the complaints site... Amazing. We need a lemon law in India.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

This issue I've experienced in my Zen Carbon. I thought it's due to old car and braking system. With AC off, i used to feel braking response was taut as opposed to with AC on full blast. It used to feel vague and spongy.

It's another story that the only performance related mod that i ever did on Zen was wrt brakes.. upgrading to esteem boosters (issue was experienced on both boosters).

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Thread Information