• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HID vs LED, which one should I go for?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Lvramanan
      do post your review & beam shots after you get the bulb. Apparently this is the same LED bulb I have been suggesting around to many people.

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanSaab View Post
      Hi guys,
      I want to install fog lamp projectors solely because the main halogen headlight seems inadequate.

Car: Maruti Suzuki baleno Delta 1.2

I was given two options

LED
      1. IPHcar 3.0" projectors
      2.TC-x LED H11 kit (25w i guess?)

HID
      1. IPHcar 3.0" projectors
      2. IPHcar xenon bulbs
      3. TC-x ballast 55w

Note: Wiring harness is charged extra

LED setup is more expensive by around 1k unless i go for Nighteye 35w H11 COB(which will make it cheaper)

With LED setup, I'll get instant highbeam (good for flashing) at full intensity meanwhile the HID takes some time to warmup. I'm not sure which one will provide superior performance.

Also, i want to install two separate switches for high/low beam, what do i need for this kind of operation? Relay?

Thoughts?
      I'd say not to go for all this and look in your local market for used top end OE LED PROJECTORS will cost you a good 6-12k per side but well worth it.
      Baleno has a kick ass led Projector from factory for top end.
      Now I'm not sure how the stock top end baleno led lights are wired so you need to do a bit of reading up on that part, so you may or may not require a harness depending.
      This setup will be far more reliable, factory and won't void warranty if your harness is properly designed.
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Apparently this is the same LED bulb I have been suggesting around to many people.
      I followed your earlier suggestions bhvm & picked up this one I'll post beam shots later.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

Also be careful with fog lamp attachments. Usually the electric reliability of the vehicle take a hit. So make sure you know how to change electric fuses in the car. And try not to go for long trips for 3-4 months after getting electrical work done. That way if something happens you are not stuck on a lonely highway in the hot summer afternoon. Also make sure that they are not replacing electrical fuse with a piece of wire. Make sure you know how to check fuses in your car model. If they replace fuse with a wire then there is the fire risk. Not trying to scare you, just that my car stalled at a traffic signal after getting electric accessory installation at an authorized service center.
      Last edited by ramakant; 24th Mar 2019 at 06:19. Reason: More detail.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      If I may, I'd suggest taking a step back before going the Fog Lamp upgrade.
      If your requirement is to have better visibility at night, upgrading the fog lamps with existing reflectors will actually hinder your long distance visibility
      I'll not be "upgrading bulbs in the existing reflectors" since the car doesn't come with any foglamps to speak of. I'll be going for proper projector setup but i get your point about the location of foglights, generally you want your headlights(which will be looking down at an angle) to be your primary source of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      For a foggy climate 6500K will be of no use absolutely. You should get 4300K or 3400K LED's. Are you open for Aliexpress and DIY options ? There are some decent collection of LED's and you can try installing that yourself. Pretty straightforward I would say. Will be costing you 1.5-2K depending on the bulb you choose. HID's you've to get good one and I for one don't like the delay in them when Flashing.
      Wouldn't these cause lot of glare since the reflectors are designed for halogen and mirror won't be aligned properly causing light to scatter all over. Correct me if otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Sachdev View Post
      I'd say not to go for all this and look in your local market for used top end OE LED PROJECTORS will cost you a good 6-12k per side but well worth it.
      Baleno has a kick ass led Projector from factory for top end.
      Now I'm not sure how the stock top end baleno led lights are wired so you need to do a bit of reading up on that part, so you may or may not require a harness depending.
      This setup will be far more reliable, factory and won't void warranty if your harness is properly designed.
      Since the LED projectors are just introduced recently, it's gonna take a while for them to be available in refurbished/used market. I've seen the light output of HID Bi-xenon headlights of old balenos and they're not that impressive. are the new LED projectors any more powerful? Any idea about the wattage?

Dr Naren and some other guys over Team-BHP.com and facebook are singing praises on performance of the IPHcar kit, according to them it's more powerful than stock HID Bi-xenons. Installation will be tricky for newbies like me.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Wouldn't these cause lot of glare since the reflectors are designed for halogen and mirror won't be aligned properly causing light to scatter all over. Correct me if otherwise.
      Not as bad as a HID without Projector lens. And yes you're right and it would not be focused as a Halogen. BUT you'll get to see what's ahead of you. Imagine LED bulbs more like the Fluorescent tube light and Halogen bulbs like the Round bulbs we use at home. That would be the difference. LED will be bright and you would get the illumination what you need to see the road ahead.

Dr Naren and some other guys over Team-BHP.com and facebook are singing praises on performance of the IPHcar kit, according to them it's more powerful than stock HID Bi-xenons.
      One word stay-away from that guys advice There's a good reason behind that.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Learning each day

Awesome

Irrespective of what people think of the guy, the IPHCAR kit is truly a performer. It's available for about 4K from Blaze India for set of projector + cost of ballast.

You can order Hylux 35W bullet proof ballast from DMEX store at Aliexpress.

I had installed the first 3" iphcar projector in India on an Avventura when others were saying that 2.5" is better as 3" will chip off due to hits at fog lamp location.

It's doing awesome duty on the car since 2+ yrs now. And I just installed it in a friend's Linea Tjet 125. First impression he said he feels a 100% increase in light and that too when the high beam function is not active as of now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Learning each day

Awesome

And it's truly more powerful than many of the "Chinese" "AES" and "Tuned by Xxxx" open projectors. Can't beat the good ones like FXR though. The iphcar kit is a sealed projector so almost 0% light leak.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

LED anyday. That is the future.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

i'm looking for HID HB3 conversion kit [authentic Osram or Philips], can anybody suggest a good source for procuring the same in Bangalore or online.
      TIA

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information