• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Yamaha vs Denon vs Marantz vs Onkyo vs NAD vs Pioneer AVRs

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

rksingh1, first thing first, Music doesn't need sub. Movies are the best candidate for Sub.

And these 10K ones will be typically SPL and dingchikku types. You can't expect more than that. You need to get yourself a proper SQ subs. Stay away from these cheap quality subs available off Amazon / FK.

Coming to DRC, no its not what I meant. DRC is for Dynamic Range Compression and it won't help you with normalizing volume across different channels / sources.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      SPL and dingchikku types. You can't expect more than that.
      True that Venkat.

My current setup is 3.0 - our evenings these days are dedicated for family movie together. We spent last week with Jurassic Park franchise and week before with King Kong / Godzilla. Currently, we are on Horror week with Conjuring 1 and 2 done, Anabelle, and The Nun are in pipeline.

I am fine with the HT setup - just feel that a sub will improve this experience. Again - getting a proper sub is not an easy affair. Good ones cost like 40-60k range and that needs to wait. BIC America F12 is 33k on Amazon. Not sure how will it be. Getting an SVS or XTZ is way beyond my reach now. Will wait for couple of months.

Any tips or help of good config for Center Channel?

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Thanks for your review of the Sub, I too was looking for a Sub to add to my nearly 15 year old Philips Hi_Fi audio system simply cos my dad was wanting one and was looking at sub 10K subs. Now I am not going ahead

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Jurassic Park franchise
      Sorry for OT, the first 3 parts are on Netflix. The latest 2, are they available anywhere?
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      the first 3 parts are on Netflix. The latest 2, are they available anywhere?
      First three for me are on Prime Video. Rest two courtesy generous people on the Internet.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

The ARC worked with Amazon Basic HDMI cable - CEC is enabled too. So a single remote turns on/off the AVR and TV

I also added TataSky Binge to the setup on Saturday.

My tatasky was due for a recharge. When I opened the app - i got a pop up for free one month with Binge. This was around 2:30 in the afternoon. I clicked yes for it and went about recharging the Tatasky. By 4:30pm, same day, a person came with brand new Amazon Fire stick with Tata sky branding and installed it. I was amazed with the speed of it. In two hours, I had it up and running.

Anyway - not very impressed with it. Audio problem continued with Fire stick. I had to disable Dolby audio in settings to get a respectable audio. I fail to see why would I have to disable it. Also - surprisingly, I found that Fire stick heavy-processes the video. I saw bit of grainyness / excessive sharpness on the videos displayed by the TV. The same MI4 played with better image processing from Android TV box.

I liked the interface of the device and how easy it is to navigate/consume media - but I am not excited with its audio / video features. Played Hotstar and Hungama too - they seemed better. The audio search happens only in Prime Video. Thankfully, there was a video option to make the quality high/medium/low. Nothing much for audio.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information