• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha vs Denon vs Marantz vs Onkyo vs NAD vs Pioneer AVRs

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

Congratulations rksingh1, for going through the Sound Tapasya and Audio Nirvana. Keep sharing your learnings and experience with your theatre equipment, especially the steps followed with interconnection of AVR and Speakers, settings and adjustments required.

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Congrats rksingh The speakers look great as well, keep sharing the updates
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      After Jet airways debacle, my wife is going through her own little phase too.
      Once i heard about Jet debacle, the first thought had come that your wife works at Jet Airways. Must be really hard. I have seen those days in year 2009 when my last company shut down, and i was down (for nearly a month) till I started the current one. Money was not a problem, but having nowhere to go for work was something difficult.

My wife had always wanted to get back to work, but couldn't as my little one had school till 1:30 PM till last year. Though she had been teaching the kids drawing (drawing is her passion) and used to take maths tuition for school kids, she always felt people (kids' parents) taking her for granted. We had even constructed a classroom in our vacant plot for her in January this year. Anyways though she is stressed out due to so many responsibilities, she is happy. And we have been working on the same project (for a electronic major's car headunit), so it has been easier for her to get back into the development.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Question : How can we check if HDMI cable truly support ARC?

I bought this HDMI from AMAZON : Amazon.in: Buy TIZUM Ultra HDMI 2.0 -Gold Plated-High Speed Data 18Gbps, 3D, 4K, HD 2160p (5 Ft/ 1.5M-Grey) Online at Low Prices in India | tizum Reviews Ratings

It says that ARC is supported. I went to Yamaha 585 HDMI setting and enabled HDMI Control, ARC to on. My Sony TV 42W670 has ARC on HDMI 1 as per spec sheet. When I go to TV settings, there isn't anything specific for HDMI, but there is for Bravia SYNC and there is an option to turn control for HDMI on. When I try to enable it, it says it couldn't detect the ARC capable device at other end.

I am not sure if the cable is faulty or I am doing something wrong with Sony / Yamaha setting. Any help will be appreciated.

Hello friends

Awesome

I bought this HDMI from AMAZON : Amazon.in: Buy TIZUM Ultra HDMI 2.0 -Gold Plated-High Speed Data 18Gbps, 3D, 4K, HD 2160p (5 Ft/ 1.5M-Grey) Online at Low Prices in India | tizum Reviews Ratings

It says that ARC is supported. I went to Yamaha 585 HDMI setting and enabled HDMI Control, ARC to on. My Sony TV 42W670 has ARC on HDMI 1 as per spec sheet. When I go to TV settings, there isn't anything specific for HDMI, but there is for Bravia SYNC and there is an option to turn control for HDMI on. When I try to enable it, it says it couldn't detect the ARC capable device at other end.

I am not sure if the cable is faulty or I am doing something wrong with Sony / Yamaha setting. Any help will be appreciated.

I think bravia sync isn't ARC. It actually refers to CEC. You should try a cable like amazon basics, which has CEC too. Though this tizum cable does not claim CEC, ARC should work. But its better to go for a better cable.
      Before changing the cable do check you have arc turned on arc on both TV and receiver.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

rksingh1 Amazon Basics has some brilliant cables be it HDMI or RCA or Coax or Optical cables. No need to go for high cost cables. Amazon basics will do a brilliant job. Try them. I've their DVI, HDMI and RCA cables and a happy customer with good results.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

When I go to TV settings, there isn't anything specific for HDMI, but there is for Bravia SYNC and there is an option to turn control for HDMI on. When I try to enable it, it says it couldn't detect the ARC capable device at other end.
      You already might have a look at it:
      https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s...icles/00016881

1. Connect one end of a high quality high-speed HDMI cable to the TV Out ARC connection of the receiver.

NOTE: Low quality cables that are not labelled high-speed will not be able to provide the ARC function.
      High-Speed HDMI cable

2. Connect other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI ARC input on the TV.
      HDMI ARC

3. Set the HDMI Control setting on the receiver to ON.
      Press the Menu or Home button on the receiver remote.
      NOTE: The menu should displayed on the TV screen. If not, check you connections.

Select Settings.
      Press Enter.
      Select HDMI Control or CTR.HDMI.
      Press Enter.
      Select ON or CTRL ON.
      Press Enter.

3. Set the Control for HDMI setting on the TV to ON.

NOTE: The following steps show how to adjust this setting on a Sony TV. Refer to the supplied manual, if the steps are different for the TV being used.

Press the Home or Menu button on the TV remote.
      Select Settings or Setup
      Select HDMI.
      Select Control for HDMI.
      Select ON.

I don't remember if i needed to do anything specific on the TV.
      I will check on my my TV too, as we both have the same TV model.

Buy a good HDMI cable. The HDMI cable should not be too rigid otherwise it becomes difficult to manage. If you could get rigid HDMI cable, that would be easiest to manage. You may also visit Sony showroom or any other elecronics showrom and get a suitable cable of appropriate length.

When I try to enable it, it says it couldn't detect the ARC capable device at other end.
      As Dr.lakshay has said, you need to enable ARC on the AV receiver first, otherwise your TV will say.. no ARC capable device found.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Congrats on the acquisition rksingh1 and good to hear you're pretty happy with the outcome. I run exactly a similar setup (2.0 channels and a Center) and I've never felt the need for a sub. Just that the brands of Speaker and Amp is different.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Thanks Lvramanan, I am extremely happy with this setup. Polk S55s keep surprising me. I will get Polk S30 center channel soon. That will be done for my requirements. Adding a sub only if I am not happy.

After this, my car audio seems a little let down. I may add an underseat sub in car to bring it to acceptable level.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

After this, my car audio seems a little let down. I may add an underseat sub in car to bring it to acceptable level.
      Don't compare Home Audio & Car Audio and you'll never be fully satisfied and can never match those two.. Home Audio you can be fulfilled but Car Audio is extremely difficult cos of the limitations and trade-offs in driver locations (You sit in one corner driver seat location and tuning that with time alignment and stuff is another crazy pain the **** stuff). Enjoy what you've and forget the experience once you change environments. As the famous saying goes, Ignorance is a bliss.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information