• Secret

Thread: Suggestions on Pioneer AVH-Z9190BT Head Unit

All i need is a fuel gauge
      with needle at F and a road
      that never ends!!

Awesome

Post Suggestions on Pioneer AVH-Z9190BT Head Unit

Hello Gurus,

I drive a Ford Figo 2013 Titanium variant with the unconventional steering column mounted OE audio controls and I've been pretty happy with my OE stock music system setup till now.

On an average I spend around 2.5 ~ 3 hours daily inside my car travelling between office and home with my wife and music is my top most priority. I'm some one who enjoys melodies and most of my collections are AR compositions and other Indian melody songs and that's why the stock HU and speakers had kept me really happy in all this 5.5 years of owning my Figo. I play music 90% of the time via BT streaming from mobile with amazon music and the remaining through USB.

But the age old HU with dot matrix display is now making me feel its of stone age and also to currently pause the urge for a car upgrade i'm considering upgrading the HU alone to a touchscreen unit and being an apple fan boy, was searching for one that supports wireless car play as well(just a personal choice and nothing technical nor i have an answer why a wireless car play alone). While searching i came across Pioneer AVH-Z9190BT Head unit which seems to be satisfying my needs.

But my primary questions here are:
      1) Does this unit support the steering column mounted audio controls of Figo? There is no description of support of Ford vehicle's steering controls anywhere in Pioneer's site or across the internet.
      2) Does all Pioneer head unit comes with the extra mic that has to be clipped at some location inside the cabin unlike the OE HU's which has their mic internally within the Unit?

Also i plan to retain the stock speakers since i'm more happy with their output. And may be to pump up better bass which i can occasionally use when i drive alone without passengers i'm considering TS-WX130EA from Pioneer which is an active under seat Sub with Class D amplifier. Again i'm not sure if this combination of HU with the sub may work well the stock speakers of Ford Figo.

My budget limit is 70K INR.

Can someone let me know if this setup would suffice my need and people from Chennai can you suggest me some installers who can patiently help some one who is keen to question more and provide decent post install support.

Thanks in advance!

Amar Karthi ARASAN
      Last edited by Amarkarthi; 8th May 2019 at 10:49. Reason: Including Budget

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
      1) Does this unit support the steering column mounted audio controls of Figo? There is no description of support of Ford vehicle's steering controls anywhere in Pioneer's site or across the internet.
      You will need an external steering wheel control interface. May cost 2.5k to 4k depending on brand. Your installer should be able to source it. Most Kenwood units come with built-in programmable steering wheel interface though.

2) Does all Pioneer head unit comes with the extra mic that has to be clipped at some location inside the cabin unlike the OE HU's which has their mic internally within the Unit?
      Yes
      Can someone let me know if this setup would suffice my need and people from Chennai can you suggest me some installers who can patiently help some one who is keen to question more and provide decent post install support.
      Good luck with that

What a CAR?

Awesome

Amarkarthi PMed you. Check and revert.
      Bitten by Linea Bug.... Now enjoying the MJD. Navigating with Sygic in Z1.

Thread Information