• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goddy Buys a ML 350 Cdi

O_o

Awesome

Goddy Buys a ML 350 Cdi

Yeah. you read that right.. V6 baby!!!

I still have the Isuzu. will retain it as long as there are people like Metalspree on the roads of Bangalore.

Not many here know that I went through a divorce and this happened way back in 2017. come mid 2018 and I remarried a very beautiful person.

She is one of those no nonsense no frills calm and chilled out person... I know right.. Lottery lag gaiy!!

it bothered me that she used to travel by Cab to and from work, I wanted to get her a car for her daily commutes as many cab guys used to just cancel trips and it was annoying. Not to mention she used to spend close to 22k on cabs a month. Dayum!! Thats an EMI.. well.. lets hunt for a new vehicle..

so what was in the Market.. to sum it up, CRAP!! I couldnt believe it that I was doing this all over again.. showroom to showroom and sales guy to sales women.. everyone trying to make me part with money for nonsense..

XUV 500 W10 on road some 23 or 24 lakh. 70k discount etc. But I already have one of those at home so no.
      Mahindra Marazzo - haha Van.. yeah. that counts as abuse in court and I did not want to go back there.
      Mercedes GLA or whatever they name them now - well if you turn up to a mercedes showroom in a big Isuzu they dont think you can afford one. and till date no one bothered to call me back from Sundaram motors.. if they are reading this dude, I have 2 Mercs from you. a C and the new E. Dont give me attitude again. I swear I will not let dad get the Maybach that he wants. Merc guys can keep it in the showroom.
      tata took its sweet time in launching the new one.. whateveritscalled and 4 months waiting.. so dropped.
      Jeep refused to give me a discount even if their vehicles arent selling. basic attitude same as merc guys.
      Audi was expensive. a Q3 for 47 is insane.
      BMW guys were nice and offered the 3GT for 36

But I guess plans were different.

I wanted to close on the car and surprise her with it for our 1st wedding anniversary.

a friend said why not look into the used market.
      hmm yeah, good cars are available and i will get them at half the price or less.. so I called up Venu from 6th gear. I know the guy well and he immediately said that he has a lovely merc and he will send it home.
      woah wait.. what send it home?
      he: drive it for a few days. if you dont like it .. return it.
      He also send me pics of BMW 525D some A4 some 3 series a mini cooper etc etc.. all priced insanely cheap.

after weeks of debating on which car to get and basically being so busy that I didnt have time to see them in person, One evening I decided ill stop at his showroom and see some vehicles myself. I didnt want a lemon. I wanted a reliable vehicle that she can drive and I will be tension free.

walked into his showroom on a sunday morning and saw a Jaguar.. (all villans drive one.. the ad remember) it was nice.. remembered my old driver who wanted me to get one instead of the Audi.. sir smiha car togoli sar.

and then I see them. 2 massive white SUV's standing there. Both ML 350 4Matic. one had 88k kms and going super cheap. and one was a bit pricey a little younger in age and had done just 38k. basically the owner bought it and parked it. wonder why they do that.

asked venu if I can take that for the weekend?
      he agreed. called for the keys and started it up. It did show an error of ABS and venu assured he will fix whatever is wrong before delivery.

I had to be somewhere else so dropped the idea of taking the car that day.

a week passed, venu called. asked about the merc. I had forgotten. told him to send it to the office, wife is there she will take it home. I was in Peenya.

called up wife, told her the ML is coming to the office, take it home and Ill explain later.
      she agreed.. haha.

she drove it home and liked the vehicle as well. told me all about it in the evening. then she said why Dont I take something like this and give her the Isuzu.
      Wait!! What!! Dont eye my isuzu.. Its mine. I get to scare metalmouth in his s****y volvo..

goddam.. need to get her a car fast. or my Isuzu is gone. I didnt wanna go by cab. Not to peenya ateast..

Anniversary was just 2 days away.. come on come on.. something come up..

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      She is one of those no nonsense no frills calm and chilled out person... I know right.. Lottery lag gaiy!!
      Of all the story written - I don't believe this.

Congratulations.

I'll meet you sometime near Yeshwantpur and congratulate you in person. I have seen your car many-a-times there. Next time, you see an irritating red XUV W10 with a TN number - that's me.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

I remarried a very beautiful person.
      Congratulations

Lottery lag gaiy!!
      Congratulations again, for the lottery

Anniversary was just 2 days away.
      Congratulations Again, Good wishes for many happy returns

Goddy Buys a ML 350 Cdi
      Congratulations once again, Happy Miles, and Smiles..

O_o

Awesome

So My wife has been driving the ML for a day now and saturday rolls up. Sunday is the anniversary.

I had made plans for the anniversary where we party saturday evening with friends and have sunday to ourself. Saturday Afternoon I park the Isuzu aside and tell her that we are going out for the day.
      I take the ML out because she has no clue whats planned. Its all a surprise see..

The ML now has been home for around 24 hours and she has been driving it and getting used to the features and size etc..

This is my first time driving it. Start her up and we are off.. a few kms into driving it, I notice how smooth the vehicle is. everything works. No blemishes except for an annoying tray on the dash that opens up when I go over a speed bump. something wrong with the locking mechanism. Its not a big eye sore and can be easily fixed.

I liked the vehicle. Its smooth and power delivery is nice. Air suspension works well, radio is outdated and needs to be replaced. Ill probably replace it with a good touchscreen like the one I have in the Isuzu and then add a reverse camera.
      Tires are still decent and I guess should last around 10k kms more but I will as usual change those. currently they are accelera branded ones, and this coming sunday I plan to get yokohama advan sport installed. yup. will be going to ashwin for it.

venu called on the way and by then I was hooked. I told him I'm driving and will call him in a bit.

I reached UB city went in for lunch and called venu after excusing myself for a smoke.

spoke to him and closed the deal. Told him the car is now mine. Monday I will start the paperwork. all done, Now to get back to the table.

had lunch and then walked down to the valet, ML comes, I kiss her and tell her, sweety, we bought it. thats your anniversary gift from me.

I will put of pictures of the vehicle soon.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

ML comes, I kiss her
      I felt you kissed the car. LOL

Congratulations on your anniversary too.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Congratulations!!

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

It's not how fast you drive.
      It's how you drive fast.

Awesome

I liked the vehicle. Its smooth and power delivery is nice. Air suspension works well, radio is outdated and needs to be replaced. Ill probably replace it with a good touchscreen like the one I have in the Isuzu and then add a reverse camera.
      Had a feeling, you were going to change plans and gift her the truck on the big day. Anyways...

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Congratulations Godfather!
      And not just for the car but for all the great things happened in your life recently. Best Wishes

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Congratulations Goddy.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Congrats Sumit. For both the Car and the recent happy happenings in your life
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information