• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baleno Alpha P 1.2L MT : Buying Experience and Initial Driving Impressions

Punjabiyan di battery charge
      rendi e :)

Awesome

Congratulations and wish you happy and safe mile munching!

Feature rich car it is!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
      If God solves our problems we trust HIS abilities. If HE does not, HE trusts our abilities.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Congratulations on new car!

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Congrats on the new car. Wish you troublefree ownership and many happy trips.

However, let me be a little blunt.
      From the very solid and well built Ford to Usual Tin-can metal from Marutis. Esp the the baleno is known for its paper thin panel, Zero safety rating and overall poor build quality.
      What made you make this move?

P.s- This is not meant to hurt you nor dampen your spirit.

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Congratulations on the new acquisition. Wishing you lots of trouble free miles!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Congrats on the new car. Wish you troublefree ownership and many happy trips.
      Thanks!

From the very solid and well built Ford to Usual Tin-can metal from Marutis. Esp the the baleno is known for its paper thin panel, Zero safety rating and overall poor build quality.
      What made you make this move?
      Well yes, Marutis cannot match Ford's build quality. As far as Baleno P is concerned, I loved the features, soft and ease of driving, space, ease of service,decent dynamics etc.
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

Awesome

A quick update. Baleno's steering doesn't come to centre itself after completing a turn! Searched the internet and found that many users reported the same in Baleno cars.

I am used to Figo's steering which used to re-centre itself automatically very quickly after completing a turn, I just needed to hold steering loosely. As far as I understand, most of the cars behave in this way. Was taken aback initially when it happened with me, in fact wondered if I did something wrong. On one occasion, I was about to hit a car which was parked on side of a street road. Not a good thing, need to adapt to this situation!!

Awesome

Few other Baleno Alpha (P) MT characteristics:

1). Auto headlights ON feature is quite funny, headlights switch ON even when cars goes under foot over bridges or under dense trees etc.. lol. Annoyed few drivers, they thought I am demanding right of way by flashing headlights even though there was no need to do so.
      2). Auto AC is just fantastic, works like a charm and saves fuel.
      3). Dead pedal and front armrest are very relaxing, perfectly placed for my driving position.
      4). UV cut tinted glass is a blessing under scorching Sun, keeps the cabin cool.
      5). Double torn horn is optimum. Figo's had a meek one.
      6). Infotainment system is very nice and loaded with features, however FM radio starts as soon as car's engine is ignited, very annoying. Trying to find a way so that it starts on demand.
      7). IRVM blocks windshield view from my driving position.
      8). Somehow I observed that my Baleno's body is not that thin sheet ypes, in fact it feels quite decent as per my judgement. Seems few changes made in the body secretly by Maruti Suzuki because people often complained about thin sheet body in past.
      9). Finally big relief from under body scraping in Baleno, with Figo, I always bothered about under body scraping.
      10). Baleno's service manual recommends break-in period until 900 kms or so, sudden acceleration or hard braking is to be avoided. One should drive under 80 kmph with varying RPM and engine lugging should be avoided. Rather driving the car in higher RPM is recommended.
      11). For a sedate Baleno (P) driver, 83 bhp are sufficient. For an enthusiastic driver, well, I am yet to drive in that way but in all probability, it will be a bit disappointing on few occasions if not all the times. Figo D with 74 bhp on the tap was very good in a warm engine.
      Last edited by yksharma; 23rd Jun 2019 at 00:02.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by yksharma View Post
      A quick update. Baleno's steering doesn't come to centre itself after completing a turn! Searched the internet and found that many users reported the same in Baleno cars.!
      Another observation, looks like that it has to do something with speed at which car is driven. At low speeds, steering is not too happy in re-centering itself but at moderate speeds, steering did re-center itself nicely. I stand corrected.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

1). Auto headlights ON feature is quite funny, headlights switch ON even when cars goes under foot over bridges or under dense trees etc.. lol. Annoyed few drivers, they thought I am demanding right of way by flashing headlights even though there was no need to do so.
      This is the way it is. Auto headlights in cars are designed to be over enthusiastic. So that you do'nt miss out when entering tunnels etc.
      However, if your car has HID, turn that damn feature off!

A quick update. Baleno's steering doesn't come to centre itself after completing a turn! Searched the internet and found that many users reported the same in Baleno cars.
      Does it have EPS?

Somehow I observed that my Baleno's body is not that thin sheet ypes, in fact it feels quite decent as per my judgement. Seems few changes made in the body secretly by Maruti Suzuki because people often complained about thin sheet body in past.
      If this is true, I am very happy for you!
      Do observe previous years baleones in Service centers etc, and do report back.

Baleno's service manual recommends break-in period until 900 kms or so, sudden acceleration or hard braking is to be avoided. One should drive under 80 kmph with varying RPM and engine lugging should be avoided. Rather driving the car in higher RPM is recommended.
      This is awesome. The real knowledge is very rare. Using various speeds, RPMS and gears is the right way for run-in.
      The Granny's tale is to drive very slow and almost lugging the engine at just 50-60 Kmph. That just ruins engine.

For a sedate Baleno (P) driver, 83 bhp are sufficient. For an enthusiastic driver, well, I am yet to drive in that way but in all probability, it will be a bit disappointing on few occasions if not all the times. Figo D with 74 bhp on the tap was very good in a warm engine.
      Maruthis are geared more for FE rather than FTD factor. So I guess that is what we see here.

Awesome

However, if your car has HID, turn that damn feature off!
      Yeah, switched it off. It is useful only when entering in basements and tunnels, in other situations, its an annoyance.

Does it have EPS?
      Yeah, it is.

Do observe previous years baleones in Service centers etc
      Will see during first service.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information