• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: XUV500 W7

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Wink XUV500 W7

Hey Guys,

Myself Gaurav. I have recently bought new XUV500 W7 model and currently based out of Gurgaon.

A quick history about the vehicles I drove.
      - My father had Santro around 2007 ~ 08 , when I was in college.
      - Then we sold Santro and bought second hand 2nd - Gen honda city ~2009. Boy !! what a pleasure it was to drive, for someone who
      upgraded from Santro

- I think my father developed a love for City and within 3 years he sold it and bought a second hand 3rd gen honda city.
      Till what I can recall, it had 70k on it's odo and costed us around 3lakhs somewhere in 2012.

- I too kind of started liking it. City was/is gem of a drive. Due to some unforeseen event, he sold it and bought another
      3rd gen honda city. It had 75k on it's odo , 2009 model and costed us 2.30 lakhs.

- It was sold finally 2 years back and my father found his new love in TUV300.

- I guess, that tall stance of vehicle does compelled him.

- Currently, I have tvs jupiter for neaby commute and sometimes for office too and recently bought XUV500.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Welcome onboard GAURAV9106. Have a pleasant stay @ GH. That's was a good crisp intro. Congrats on the new XUV500. What variant is that ?

Not a apple to apple comparison, but still, How do you like the driving between City and XUV ?

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by GAURAV9106 View Post
      TUV300.
      XUV500
      Thats two Mahindra in your home. Congratulatioins on your XUV. Post some images and costing details if you can. How has been the experience switching from a low-slung sedan and tall boy SUVs?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Welcome onboard GAURAV9106. Have a pleasant stay @ GH. That's was a good crisp intro. Congrats on the new XUV500. What variant is that ?

Not a apple to apple comparison, but still, How do you like the driving between City and XUV ?
      I have a W7 variant.

City was a fun and comfortable ride. It was nice both in city and on highways. I feel XUV is more of a suv on steroids.
      The tall stance gives a confidence to drive, unlike City.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Thats two Mahindra in your home. Congratulatioins on your XUV. Post some images and costing details if you can. How has been the experience switching from a low-slung sedan and tall boy SUVs?
      Thank you, Mr. Singh. Will soon share some pics. Haven't been to the first trip yet .
      I initially planned to buy Scorpio but after spinning it for a test drive, changed my mind. Just for the sake of rugged vehicle, Mahindra doesn't even bother
      to give a decent dashboard and of course the bumpy ride.

I drove my father's TUV and to my surpise , both scorpio & tuv are very much alike in terms of ride quality and handling, keeping aside the power train for Scorpio.

The last quote I got for scorpio , s9 was 15.50 and XUV initial quote was 15.90. I was like only 40k difference will change the world.
      Most of the audiophiles, got there music systems costing way much than 40k.

After a test drive, XUV and I fell in love with each other and I literally greet her with Good morning and good night wishes now every day .
      The discussion of quotes with dealers for W7 variant starts with 16.20 and ends at 15.50.
      The accessories I received are:-
      Floor mats
      Reverse camera
      Fog lamps
      Rain guards for door
      Illuminated scuff plates
      Side stairs

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

Myself Gaurav.
      Hi Gaurav, even though today is 13th day, still it is never late, welcome to Gearheads,

Currently, I have tvs jupiter for neaby commute and sometimes for office too and recently bought XUV500.
      excellent, congratulations on your new XUV

I feel XUV is more of a suv on steroids.
      hmm, but i read somewhere that steroids are not good for health.

XUV and I fell in love with each other and I literally greet her with Good morning and good night wishes now every day .
      looks like "Love at First Date" , Wish both of you happy miles and smiles.

please open a ownership thread and share your ownership insights. it will help other prospective buyers and fellow owners.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Hi Gaurav, even though today is 13th day, still it is never late, welcome to Gearheads,

excellent, congratulations on your new XUV

hmm, but i read somewhere that steroids are not good for health.

looks like "Love at First Date" , Wish both of you happy miles and smiles.

please open a ownership thread and share your ownership insights. it will help other prospective buyers and fellow owners.

Sure will do in some time. Planning for a short trip, will post details afterwards.

Thread Information