• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mahindra Marazzo M8 Mariner Maroon - Ownership Experience - The Shark Glides Home

Sharked' |\

Awesome

The Shark proves it's built tough!

Did a quick 2 day trip to the temple town of Kumbakonam covering 889 kms in total. ODO now stands at 8108 Kms .

Today, while returning home, in a narrow state highway road, a speeding Innova cabbie in the opposite direction, whilst crossing me, banged in the right side rear view mirror . ( This depsite my car stepping down into the periphery of the road and slowing to a crawl to avoid the Innova ). The Innova must have been doing good speeds ( 60kmph+ for sure ), and it's right side RV hit mine with a loud bang. The Innova's ORVM broke and was hanging on to the car, dangling. The driver also seemed to have lost control for a moment, swerved for a moment and then regained control and then fled the scene. Meanwhile, my shark's ORVM did not even fold inside and was standing there unfazed . Impressed by the build quality

This was the only damage it suffered.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191207_161720.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	238476
      The plastic glass surrounding the ORVM indicator has suffered a minor crack.

We had excellent lunch at Cafe Udupi Ruchi, post Senguruchi toll plaza. Ample, well laid parking space, lovely ambience, excellent food and top notch service. Rest rooms are clean as well. Highly recommend.

Name:	IMG_20191207_133854~2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	4.24 MB 
ID:	238477

Snapped this pic post lunch. It was drizzling slightly and was an indicator of the heavy downpour that was to follow. The sumptous and tasy food, fresh tarmac, light traffic, lovely weather and the silent & plush cabin of the Marazzo made for an excellent drive till Paranur toll plaza where we encountered heavy congestion. It was pouring by the time we reached.

Name:	P_20191207_154157.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	238478

Google maps was showing a 9 minute delay to cross the toll.

Name:	P_20191207_153700.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	238479
      Reached home by 4:15 PM.

Throughout the drive onwards and back, I observed that despite the 15 day deadline extension, FasTag adoption is still poor. Almost 80-90% of the cars are still paying by cash . I wonder why people are finding it difficult to use FasTag when it saves so much time. Wait time was literally zero and I zipped through all tolls effortlessly except for where there were cars in front of me who were paying tolls in cash. A few tolls even had huge signboards and banners mentioning Cash only towards the left and FasTag only towards the right. Despite this, some cash paying cars ended up in fastag lane as it was free.

Sharked' |\

Awesome

Did a quick 2 day trip to Namakkal and back. Odo now stands at ~9.5k.

Got the highest ever fuel efficiency of 20.3 kmpl during this trip using tank to tank method

DTE shows 19.5.

Trip summary from ecosense.

The NVH levels seem to have increased. Both the engine and transmission feel rough. The day one smoothness is missing. Feel an oil change should help things.

Will update observations post the 10k service which I'm planning to get done around mid Feb.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by arvindr2391 View Post
      Got the highest ever fuel efficiency of 20.3 kmpl during this trip using tank to tank method
      Wonderful mileage you have got there for the family mover Odo shot looks nice.

Sharked' |\

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
      Wonderful mileage you have got there for the family mover Odo shot looks nice.
      Thank you abhi_tjet .

Even I was surprised. A mix of sedate driving and fuel pump change might have helped things.

Usually I fill from a nearby Essar pump but this time I changed over to another nearby IOC pump which is a COCO outlet. Could also be a contributing factor.

Odo shots by my trusty Pixel 3a. Not much of a photographer but the camera on this is amazing and reliable in all conditions .

Sharked' |\

Awesome

10,000 KMs Service

The car clocked 9.9k KMs as of yesterday. So, with today being a holiday for Maha shivratri in my organization, decided to get the 10k KMs service done. Dropped in to the service center by 9 AM without any appointments. At first they were hesitant since I didn't have any appointment and they had 2 days of backlog to clear up due to the mPlus service camp going on, but later decided to proceed with the service after some internal deliberations.

I went with the intention to wait and pickup and told them to take their time to do the service and not rush things up. While waiting, the driver who does the pickup and drop of cars, looked at the car and commented that the car doesn't look like one which has done 10k kms .

I had raised the following complaints.

1) Squeaky noise while braking occasionally at slow speeds.

For this, the brake pads were cleaned and the brakes bled. Issue resolved, no more squeaking and no change in braking performance.

2) Front Windshield washer nozzles leaking.

They mentioned that this was caused due to some dust accumulation and it has been rectified. Seems to be solved. Will keep an eye out.

The Engine oil, oil filter, transmission oil and HVAC filter were replaced. They also added the usual Maxi Care Engine coating and Mech care door joints lubrication.

Tyres were rotated and aligned. Wheel balancing could not be carried out as their equipment was out of order.

Since the mPlus service camp was ongoing, got 5% off on consumables and 10% off on labour and 25% off on the Maxi care stuff.

Total damage to pocket - 4906 INR.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	239072

Views:	7 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	239073

Views:	7 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	239074

The NVH levels are back to day 1 level. Smooth, Silent and refined again.

The Engine feels more eager to move now and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive back home as the car moved effortlessly. The slight sluggishness which I felt earlier is gone now.

Also, the gear shift which felt slightly rubbery earlier has become butter smooth now. Happy with the car and the service about which I was skeptical .

This is the only pic I managed to click.

Name:	IMG_20200221_165507.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	5.08 MB 
ID:	239075

What a CAR?

Awesome

Congrats arvindr2391 on your possession and 10K run with your new family member. Had seen Lvramanan shark during our recent Yelagiri meet. Was quite impressed with the car. Definitely M&M have gone leaps and bounds in their design language and philosophy.

Also got 3D floor mats, the rear mud flaps and steering wheel cover installed from the dealership.
      Suggest that you get a 7D mat for the shark. It is worth the investment. I am using one and have recommended to a few as well. All are quite happy with the product. Ping me for details.

Once the first service was completed, it was time for paint protection. Visited our resident detailing master baranjil and he worked his magic on the car . I'll let the pics do the talking.
      Attachment 238412
      Master is the best in business.
      Linea has grown into a Octavia NOW!
      Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI (2020- )
      Fiat Linea (2010- )
      Hyundai Santro (2006-2010)

What a CAR?

Awesome

I too use this app for maintaining the fuel logs. I was using XLS for my Linea and shifted to this quite a while ago. Very easy and effective as well.
      Fiat Linea (2010- )

What a CAR?

Awesome

Got Michelin Primacy 4 ST and Yokohama BlueEarth RV02 as alternatives. While I was happy with the Primacy 3 STs on my Dzire, the Yoko was marketed as engineered specifically for CUVs and MPVs with anti-wobble tech which helps to reduce the jiggly feeling.

The RV02s are only sold through Yoko Club Network dealers. After finding the list of YCN dealers in Chennai, based on the reviews, decided to get the tyres fitted from MRL Tyres, OMR, Chennai. The owner Mr.Selvam was a soft spoken guy, friendly and knowledgable. Had enquired about the tyres a week back and was confirmed of the availability. Exchanged the Duelers, and paid a total of 7.2k for four tyres.

Attachment 238401
      Mr. Selvam is an excellent guy. I used to take my Linea to him till I was working in the office behind his office. Good deal is what I would say for the RV02s. What is your view on these tyres now having driven them for 10K kms.
      Fiat Linea (2010- )

Sharked' |\

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
      Congrats arvindr2391 on your possession and 10K run with your new family member. Had seen Lvramanan shark during our recent Yelagiri meet. Was quite impressed with the car. Definitely M&M have gone leaps and bounds in their design language and philosophy.
      Thanks for the kind words livelyyoungman . M&M surely are headed in the right direction with their new age products.

Suggest that you get a 7D mat for the shark. It is worth the investment. I am using one and have recommended to a few as well. All are quite happy with the product. Ping me for details.
      Yes. Read about the 7D mats in your thread and wanted to ask about it. Will surely ping you regarding the mats .

Master is the best in business.
      Agreed without a doubt

I too use this app for maintaining the fuel logs. I was using XLS for my Linea and shifted to this quite a while ago. Very easy and effective as well.
      I found this app about 7-8 years ago, back when it was still being developed by an independent developer. Sygic bought the app from the dev around 3-4 years back. Simple, easy to use interface with detailed statistics and the best part is it has cloud backup to your preferred cloud storage provider.

Mr. Selvam is an excellent guy. I used to take my Linea to him till I was working in the office behind his office. Good deal is what I would say for the RV02s. What is your view on these tyres now having driven them for 10K kms.
      Yes. Quite knowledgeable and friendly. I forgot to call up a day earlier for checking whether he had stock of the tires and when I dropped in around 11-12 in the morning, he didn't have stock. But he quickly made a few calls and assured me that he would get the tires by evening 6 the same day and kept his word. Was a very good experience dealing with him.

As with regards to the tires, it is a mixed bag. The RV02s definitely have improved braking and handling by a good margin, but at the cost of ride quality.

The Factory Dueler H/P Sport which came fitted with the car were mentioned as on/off-road tires and they soaked up bumps and rough patches nicely offering a cushy and comfortable ride.

The RV02s are specified as on-road tires and true to it, while it is good on well surfaced roads, it is not as good at cushioning bumps and rough patches as the Duelers.

At home, we even deliberated getting rid of the RV02s and getting something better or going back to the Duelers itself, but dropped the idea since it would burn another hole of around 40k to the pocket. Should have done my due research and asked around before planning for an upgrade I feel. What is done has been done and I will have to live with it for another 30k or so KMs.

Sharked' |\

Awesome

Crossed the 10k milestone today didn't even notice the exact moment I crossed and took this after reaching home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information