• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The old man is going back to work.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

The old man is going back to work.

Last week I started working again for a while. I am driving school kids to and from school. I drive a very comfortable 16 seater Mercedes Sprinter minibus.
      I drive about 6-7 hours a day and drive about 250-300 km a day and five days a week.
      All school kids who live more than 5 km from school is provided free transport by the government.
      The he company I drive for has 300 minibuses.
      I still get to keep my state pension. I hope to finance some solar power and a LiFePo4 leisure battery in my car. What I dislike is the uniform I have to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Do share your experiences on this job. How are the rules for you and the other drivers in the vicinity of your bus?
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

You just gave me an idea for a part time job post my retirement. Wish I get to drive around a Mercedes with school kids too

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      You just gave me an idea for a part time job post my retirement. Wish I get to drive around a Mercedes with school kids too
      You would need to migrate from India for that. Here if you choose the same job, you would be handed over a Omni or a SML mini-bus. No mercedes.

So whats your plan? Canada? Australia? Or else?

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

The old man is going back to work.

Today I started at 06:15 in the morning and finished at 08:30 but they will pay me until 09:00. I just did my rounds a bit faster. I drove exactly 103 km.

At 13:00 I will start again and should be in again at around 17:00.

I get my passenger list and the number of the car I should use, in the mail every evening. I start by logging in with an app and out again. Kilometers Out and In together with fuel consumption are also recorded in the same app.

This data goes directly to a financial company that works out and pays my salary to my bank account. I am paid a minimum of 2 hours. If I turn up for work and there is nothing for me to do, I get 2 hours salary as a compensation.
      Never see the boss.

There is a Euro-Shell card in the car for diesel and anything else I need for the car.

My bus today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      Never see the boss.
      that's the best part
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

This data goes directly to a financial company that works out and pays my salary to my bank account. I am paid a minimum of 2 hours. If I turn up for work and there is nothing for me to do, I get 2 hours salary as a compensation.
      Never see the boss.
      Loved it , Best of Luck for the job
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      Do share your experiences on this job. How are the rules for you and the other drivers in the vicinity of your bus?
      Out shifts are always divided into 2 parts. From about 6 to 8:30 AM and then from around 12 to 16:00. Driving kids to school and back from school. A few of these use wheel chairs.
      Some of these buses do the free trips for people who dont have their own mode of transport. People can call and arrange for transport from bus stops at least the day before. You cannot call the same day you want to travel and pick up and drop off points are within 3 cities that are close together.
      This service is for free and the council foots the bill. This service is called Flexx and the blue buses are used for that. I used one for a few days because the bus for my route was at the workshop.
      Sometimes I drive a trip with only 1 kid in the bus, sometimes 2 or 8. I have never had more than 6 kids at one time in the car. The rest of the space is reserved for a wheel chair.
      If something goes wrong with the bus, it is just sent to Mercedes for repair. The driver decides if the bus is safe to drive and no one can force us to drive a bus that is not safe.
      There is an alcohol monitor in the bus. The driver has to blow into the meter and only then will the bus start. If the meter registers an alcohol reading the car wont start and the police are informed at once. I am not sure how the information is sent. If the bus is switched off for over 20 minutes, the driver has to blow into the meter again to start the bus.
      There is also a reader/writer in the car. All vehicles over 3,500 kg must have this reader. The vehicle must never be driven without this card. Even workshops have their own card for test driving. This monitors our driving speeds and records all the compulsory breaks we are required to take. We are allowed to drive 4 1/2 hours and we must stop and take a 45 minute break and the car must not be moved a meter or we have to start the 45 minutes all over again. We are not allowed to drive more that 9 hours a day and not more than 45 hours a week.
      There is also a compulsory long weekend break of at least 48 hours.
      When stopped at a control, the police takes this card from the reader and puts it into his own reader and all our sins for the past 3 weeks appear within seconds and we are fined accordingly. Every 3 weeks, the company has to clear the memory from the card and the info must be stored by the employer for 3 years according to law.
      About 10 years ago the transport authorities did a check on my records and they tried to fine me 1200 euros because once i had taken a break of only 25 minutes.

The drivers card.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sj?f?rkort.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	605.9 KB 
ID:	238474

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

We are not allowed to drive more that 9 hours a day and not more than 45 hours a week.
      These rules sounds more like the Flight Roster which all the airlines has to mandatorily follow when preparing roster for the Flight cabin crew. Good that they've such strict policies in place. Avoids any unwanted accidents because of over working or tiredness.

they tried to fine me 1200 euros because once i had taken a break of only 25 minutes.
      That's a huge penalty.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Lone Ranger

Awesome

We are not allowed to drive more that 9 hours a day
      Wondering what will happen to all those so called long distance non stop drivers here in india who brag that they did XYZ kms in XY hours with just a break for refueling etc etc.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information