• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: 2019/2020 - Polo GT TSI issues

:)

Awesome

2019/2020 - Polo GT TSI issues

Request MODs to make this thread sticky

This is to all of you who have bought your beloved Polo GT TSI recently in the last couple of months - Sep 2019 and later. All these issues are seen in multiple cars in this batch - with the new GTI style body kits.

VW service centers as usual are tying to brush these under the carpet as they are reluctant to troubleshoot and more than happy to tell they wont troubleshoot because you changed the tyre from 195 profile to 205. They even give you screenshots and make you sign a document that quotes a clause from Motor Vehicles(Amendment) Bill 2019 with details of the punishment and imprisonment if you modify your vehicle. Haha?..

so if you have any of these issues and not even changed your tyre, please take your cars and have these checked right away. GT TSI is a gem of a little car and issues like these should not spoil the experience even if VW service centres are bent upon making you think otherwise.

Note: If there are any other issues that you come across in any of your new cars, please keep updating this thread.

ISSUE 1: 'Rickety'/ 'creaking' noise from the steering column: All new cars seems to have this problem from day one.

The solution provided from VW service center is as ridiculous as ever. Telling customers its normal noise , 'new' tyre noise etc...
      The issue is with the slip ring. please have it removed and set correctly, no amount of greasing will fix this noise and have noticed this in multiple new cars now and counting. in most cases the slip ring is not aligned properly.

ISSUE 2: 'Gargle' sound and rough car vibrations between ONLY 3000-3200 rpm which you can feel even on the accelerator pedal. Again on multiple cars all brand new. This is a serious one as most of us don't drive beyond 2800 and would be unaware or not notice and we may move up or below this rpm quickly.

Easiest way to replicate: (This is seen in all modes and on/or all gears - D, M, S)

1. You need 100mts free road. Put your car in Manual Mode, drive in 1st gear and take it to 3200. Now slowly let the rpm drop to 3000 and keep feathering the accelerator between 3000-3200. if you hear a ?gargle? sound or roughness in your engine, please take your car to VW service and have a ticket opened with techline VW. you may be looking at a transmission replacement in the future.
      2. After talking to different VW service centers across different cities, various reasons were given, but they all agree on one thing the noise is definitely coming between the engine and the gearbox
      3. Only one service center confirmed that there was a similar ?known? issue in the 2015-batch of Skoda Rapid and Q3/Q5 from Audi. All ending with transmission replacement.
      I'm to be the one, I'm yet to become;
      yet uncertain,
      for these roads have no names and no destinations

It's not how fast you drive.
      It's how you drive fast.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by thedrive View Post
      VW. you may be looking at a transmission replacement in the future.
      So nothing to be done as on date but log the complaint for a potential redressal via warranty later for this. Is that correct?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      So nothing to be done as on date but log the complaint for a potential redressal via warranty later for this. Is that correct?
      yes, but i wouldnt suggest anyone for a later. Stand firm with them and get it fixed asap. VW is not known to be a stellar performer on recalls.

Atleast they will keep the ticket open for you to claim warranty. I think they already know what the issue maybe; they are a little cagey about blurting it out.
      yet uncertain,

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

jaguar, FYA.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      jaguar, FYA.
      I know Raj. My car is the first one Presly checked. It is just that I don't want to leave my car at the service center overnight, especially since they say they don't know the issue and need VW to come back. I prefer getting the root cause identified with the help of a competent mechanic and then have VW replace any part if needed.

Awesome

if there are any cars that have this same issue, please PM me your VIN and registration number asap. We are trying to work with VW tech team to establish a pattern and the remedy
      yet uncertain,

Thread Information