• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going Green- All About Solar Energy.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      And Batteries need replacing every 5 years or so. In that case solar system will never pay itself back.
      +100. When I was in the market for a 3KVA solar setup for my home, I was presented with the same Online Grid vs Offline Grid with Batteries setup. The return on investment for Offline setup never will come back. Some portion you've to keep re-investing on batteries every X-number of years. But on the contrary in a Online grid setup, in a matter of 3 years or so you can fully recover your investment and post that period of time it will start to be a earning asset from the huge electricity bill savings ! Trust me for home, its better to have a Online grid and have your regular Battery + Inverter setup separate. I used to pay 12K bi monthly earlier and now I'm literally paying 100-200 bucks and sometimes (read winters and non peak summer season) I get 0 as my electricity bill.

BTW very good and detailed info on the Solar terminologies & setup bhvm... Keep up the good work

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      +100. When I was in the market for a 3KVA solar setup for my home, I was presented with the same Online Grid vs Offline Grid with Batteries setup. The return on investment for Offline setup never will come back. Some portion you've to keep re-investing on batteries every X-number of years. But on the contrary in a Online grid setup, in a matter of 3 years or so you can fully recover your investment and post that period of time it will start to be a earning asset from the huge electricity bill savings ! Trust me for home, its better to have a Online grid and have your regular Battery + Inverter setup separate. I used to pay 12K bi monthly earlier and now I'm literally paying 100-200 bucks and sometimes (read winters and non peak summer season) I get 0 as my electricity bill.

BTW very good and detailed info on the Solar terminologies & setup bhvm... Keep up the good work
      Sir which brand's solar setup did you buy? How much for it? Warranty? Please post a little review with photos if you don't mind.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by nanu.007 View Post
      Sir which brand's solar setup did you buy?
      My Inverter is Growatt and my panels are from a Indian brand called PV Power Tech.

How much for it?
      Our entire setup including the installation, wiring, with structure costed 2.75L approx.

Warranty?
      10 year warranty for the panel for consistent power generation + 1 year warranty on the Inverter.

Here are the photos of the components..

The Structure and Panels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG20200619184308.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	4.91 MB 
ID:	240296

Panel

Name:	IMG20200619184416.jpg 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	240297

Inverter

Name:	IMG20200619184543.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	5.24 MB 
ID:	240298

Junction Box

Name:	IMG20200619184552.jpg 
Size:	5.13 MB 
ID:	240299

The setup is a 3KVA on grid (No Batteries), just generate and transfer to Govt Grid. On a good sunny day it generates around 15-16 units a day and a on gloomy / rainy day the generation is around 9-10 units. On a average 12-13 units is what I've seen and its connected to our ground floor power distribution with a Net Meter (Special meter for Solar setup from Tamil Nadu EB which automatically calculates Energy generated + Energy Consumed). The highest bill I've paid so far is 400 bucks (during peak summers, where we consumed more than we generated) and lowest is I've got 180 bucks adjusted for our next bill (during winter, where generated more than we consumed). Around 6 months in a year we get an average of 40-80 rupees as our consumption charges and sometimes it stays at zero.

The inverter comes with a Wireless dongle and a Android app is available in Play Store which is by Growatt, with which we can pair to our inverter and keep an eye on the generation statistics. It gives a good summary on how much power it has generated for the day, for the hour, the week and month.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

connected to our ground floor power distribution with a Net Meter (Special meter for Solar setup from Tamil Nadu EB
      Do share your Experiences about Getting due permissions from the board.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Do share your Experiences about Getting due permissions from the board.
      Not so great experience to write about bhvm. The traditional bribes to Babu's in EB and waiting time of 3-6 months (if you're lucky). I've seen people struggling for even a year to get Netmeter approved from EB as technically it's a loss to them so they're not very keen to provide immediately. My advice would be have some good contacts in your local EB to move your application.

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

My Inverter is Growatt and my panels are from a Indian brand called PV Power Tech.

Our entire setup including the installation, wiring, with structure costed 2.75L approx.

10 year warranty for the panel for consistent power generation + 1 year warranty on the Inverter.

Here are the photos of the components..

The Structure and Panels

Name:	IMG20200619184308.jpg 
Size:	4.91 MB 
ID:	240296

Panel

Name:	IMG20200619184416.jpg 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	240297

Inverter

Name:	IMG20200619184543.jpg 
Size:	5.24 MB 
ID:	240298

Junction Box

Name:	IMG20200619184552.jpg 
Size:	5.13 MB 
ID:	240299

The setup is a 3KVA on grid (No Batteries), just generate and transfer to Govt Grid. On a good sunny day it generates around 15-16 units a day and a on gloomy / rainy day the generation is around 9-10 units. On a average 12-13 units is what I've seen and its connected to our ground floor power distribution with a Net Meter (Special meter for Solar setup from Tamil Nadu EB which automatically calculates Energy generated + Energy Consumed). The highest bill I've paid so far is 400 bucks (during peak summers, where we consumed more than we generated) and lowest is I've got 180 bucks adjusted for our next bill (during winter, where generated more than we consumed). Around 6 months in a year we get an average of 40-80 rupees as our consumption charges and sometimes it stays at zero.

The inverter comes with a Wireless dongle and a Android app is available in Play Store which is by Growatt, with which we can pair to our inverter and keep an eye on the generation statistics. It gives a good summary on how much power it has generated for the day, for the hour, the week and month.
      Thank you so much sir. Are these those guys Growatt New Energy ?
      Say your meter says that you transferred them xyz units in a month then is there any way to match whether EB entered the same units in their record?
      And say for some month you transferred 10 units, consumed 8 units. Your bill is zero. Now do they carry forward those 2 units in the next bill?
      Did you get any subsidy for this?
      Is there any need for servicing needed in a year? How frequently do you clean the panels?
      Which Net Meter did the EB install and how much did you pay for that?

What a CAR?

Awesome

Nice bhvm. Very useful for the layman who is interested to move to SOLAR.
      Linea has grown into a Octavia NOW!
      Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI (2020- )
      Fiat Linea (2010- )
      Hyundai Santro (2006-2010)

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

nanu.007 again, do no quote the entire post. Learn how to quote posts selectively like what am doing. Select only the portion of text you need and then reply on to them. Its very difficult to read when you quote the entire post.

Thank you so much sir. Are these those guys Growatt New Energy ?
      Yes. There are many players in the market now. When I was in the market there were hardly 2 or 3 players only. Heard Luminous and Microtek are doing very good recently in the Inverter and Panels space and they're very competitive too.

Say your meter says that you transferred them xyz units in a month then is there any way to match whether EB entered the same units in their record?
      Its all automated here. Yes we'll get to see the units generated and consumed in our monthly statement.

And say for some month you transferred 10 units, consumed 8 units. Your bill is zero. Now do they carry forward those 2 units in the next bill?
      Yes

Did you get any subsidy for this?
      No

Is there any need for servicing needed in a year?
      No

How frequently do you clean the panels?
      Monthly once or bi monthly once depending on how much am occupied. Just that when we don't clean the panels the generation levels drop a bit.

Which Net Meter did the EB install and how much did you pay for that?
      Its not in my control. Its all done by the Electricity Board. 10K for the Netmeter. If it had been a normal meter I would've paid 5k. Bribes extra.

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
      Nice bhvm. Very useful for the layman who is interested to move to SOLAR.
      Thanks. If you have any questions, you can comment me on the main Channel. I often pick up Comments for Next QNA.

Originally Posted by nanu.007
      Is there any need for servicing needed in a year?
      Panels need cleaning. Regular Inspection for Rat bites, Cables fraying etc.
      Not much of task.
      For off-grid system you have to check batteries and top up Distilled water as needed (Just did today)

Originally Posted by nanu.007
      How frequently do you clean the panels?
      I have seen massive jump in performance by cleaning them weekly. Its my Sunday Routine. To spend times with Cars, Batteries, SPV and gadgets etc.
      I have managed consistent 5.3 to 5.5 Units of Generation per day on 1KW System. Whereas the average if often below 5.

What a CAR?

Awesome

Thanks. If you have any questions, you can comment me on the main Channel. I often pick up Comments for Next QNA.
      Sure.

Panels need cleaning. Regular Inspection for Rat bites, Cables fraying etc.
      Not much of task.
      For off-grid system you have to check batteries and top up Distilled water as needed (Just did today)

I have seen massive jump in performance by cleaning them weekly. Its my Sunday Routine. To spend times with Cars, Batteries, SPV and gadgets etc.
      I have managed consistent 5.3 to 5.5 Units of Generation per day on 1KW System. Whereas the average if often below 5.
      Mandatory. Added, I am told by one of my friends who was with USGBC that the optimum temperature for the Solar Panel to work is between 36C-38C. Hence was suggesting that we use some kind of sprinkler system to cool the panel for excellent performance.

Can you check and post it in your channel?
      Linea has grown into a Octavia NOW!
      Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI (2020- )
      Fiat Linea (2010- )
      Hyundai Santro (2006-2010)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information