• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: CNG endorsement pending from 1 year

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hello Members,

Trust all are keeping well!

I am here looking for suggestions for my grievance against Hyundai.

I purchased a Hyundai Grand I10 in June last year with company-fitted CNG.

The purchase itself was a headache, with a lot of back-n-forth on delivery date, payment, model. But while later all got resolved, they handed me papers without updating CNG on the insurance copy.

I spoke with the executive and their seniors about it and they all echoed that insurance will be updated when RC gets endorsed with CNG. I was not convinced but I had no other option but to believe them.

Upon receiving RC 120 days later, I called the showroom to send someone to trace my CNG cylinder and collect the required documents from home. The same was done within the week. After a few days, they said they need to trace the cylinder again so this time I went to the showroom and got it done. After a few days of following up, they said they might need to trace the cylinder the third time, so I went again.

Each time, they handed a stamped copy of my RC with a note- "RC is submitted at the showroom for endorsement”.

After too much back and forth, the issue has dragged for a year now. Every time I get the same response- "Hyundai is facing some difficulty in getting CNG endorsed”

The MD, who is aware of the issue, says they cannot confirm how long will it take to resolve.

1. Is their anyone facing a similar issue with Hyundai?

2. I tried escalating via customer care but no response. Can someone here share some contact details?

3. It is now time for renewal, and because there was no CNG on paper I am confused about whether to get an insurance quote from Hyundai or search elsewhere.

Hyundai is not ready to give anything in writing when I asked what if I send my car for a claim they said they can help in getting the claim processed even if CNG is not endorsed.

Eeco 2015, Eeco 2019

Awesome

This is really unfortunate. I had faced a similar issue (on my Maruti Eeco, with fitted CNG) but for a much shorter duration. I was told the same - "that insurance will be updated when RC gets endorsed with CNG". I too had no choice but to wait. Fortunately in my case after a couple of visits to the RTO and presenting a sad picture, the work was done (insurance updation and RC endorsement) within two weeks. The full import of the omission was clear - it would have invalidated the insurance.
      I did not have to pay any commission anywhere, but from my friends who were in a hurry, I learnt that they got it done through one of the "RTO agents" hanging around the RTO - after paying a nominal commission.
      Anonymous cynic, possibly George Bernard Shaw, quoted frequently - "The more I see of some folks, the better I love my dogs"

Awesome

So the dealership has initiated the process of CNG endorsement since I made a purchase from them on my new car. But good to hear that yours got resolved quickly.

Awesome

Saurabh.galhotra
      The MD, who is aware of the issue, says they cannot confirm how long will it take to resolve.

MD of the dealership, right?
      Please forward that complain here
      secretarial@hmil.net, sskim@hyundai.com

Awesome

Yes and thanks for above email addresses.

Thread Information