• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any computer geeks here?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Except for the driver issue I don't see any necessity for him to upgrade his PC. It still has got the juice. He has got 8GB of Memory and running on SSD with a i7 processor and a dedicated graphic card. Just because its a bloody software issue it doesn't mean he has to ditch his hardware which is still capable enough.

This could potentially be a trouble maker in the future. Check if the Card is supported on Windows 10 (Which I'm sure it would be), and download a Windows 10 specific driver from here.

You don't have to install special drivers for Keyboard / Mouse unless they've some features assigned to special keys, which is not detected by Windows. IMO if Windows detects your Wireless mouse and it works, stay with it. There could be potentially nothing wrong with your mouse driver. It could be your Graphics driver which could be the culprit.
      Unless he is an expert at writing drivers, there is no point in wasting time if he can't find the drivers. If it stops working randomly, it's time to move on.

new member :D

Awesome

In 2014, I bought new computer parts and brought them home. Assembled it myself with patience and with best wire management. I used fresh Windows 8 that I have been using since 2012 and FACED similar issue. After replacing almost every parts from the retailer and long troubleshoot, it was GPU that was causing problem particular with my Configuration. As soon as I replaced ASUS gpu with Sapphire one (same model) the problem gone and took me 6+ weeks.
      Where was the problem? Still not known but ASUS GPU with my processor and ram and motherboard on windows 8 was buggy.

Troubleshoot your system step by step.. meanwhile download a fresh windows 10 iso file from Microsoft website on your android phone.

1. Download speedfan.exe to check various system temperatures. Check if all installed fans are spinning and your CPU/ GPU/ System temps are within range ( ~45c). Your PC may work fine without load but gets heat up and crash. Could be a blocked heat sink or broken CPU fan. If all fans and heat sinks are okay and you find temperatures still rising, replace your 9 year old thermal paste. All I mean to say, check your system for temperatures first.

2. Remove VGA/HDMI wire from back of GPU and use motherboard VGA/HDMI ports to connect monitor and use onboard intel graphics to see if still crashes. Also uninstall Nvidia drivers and put out your GPU from motherboard while testing. Meanwhile clean your 9 years old GPU also and take C drive backup. If using onboard GPU solves your problem then consider your GTX 570 with its driver is not good with upgraded window. The best way to troubleshoot is to install fresh Windows 10 that you have downloaded on your android device and then install GPU with its driver.

3. When you are on ONboard graphics, run a scheduled memory diagnostic test that with extended test (may take few hours) and let it run overnight.. It will check for RAM errors and should report you back later. Also, defrag and check for errors your physical hard drives and let it repair themselves if found.

4. Report your results back here

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      scraping sound when the mouse pointer freeze
      A scraping sound could Be CPU fan failing or Grinding, hence causing PC to overheat.
      You could try cleaning the fan or buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      I upgraded to Windows 10
      This seems to be a culprit.

Windows 10 (In my Opinion) is a downgrade and often breaks things for older/unsupported software.
      I would have stayed with a good, Clean install of WINDOWS 7 or moved to linux.

To do an acid test, Just boot a portable linux (you can do it via USB) and see if PC acts up. If it does its bad hardware. Howevers, Its mostly just bad software and drivers in Windoze 10. Portable linux runs rock solid on seemingly unstable computers.

new member :D

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      A scraping sound could Be CPU fan failing or Grinding, hence causing PC to overheat
      Scrapping sound - think of a system playing a music with lyrics "sha sha sha sha sha" and gets crash at 'S' eventually output only 'ssssssssss...', or 'aaaaaaaaaaaaa...." if it crashes when lyrics at 'a'. If no sound is playing then nothing will come out and screen will freeze like a screenshot.

This seems to be a culprit
      I always like smoothness, UI and stability of Windows 8 but had to upgrade to Windows 10 for the first time this May. Everything was fine between my hardware and W8 but in reality I was 3-4 versions behind when it comes to driver. Couple of required software didn't even boot saying OS not supported and my machine without those software is nothing but just a multimedia device liability but everything started working as soon as I update it. I also had to upgrade from ios 10.3.3 to more buggy ios 12 in my iPhone because apps literally lost functionality and support for my device. = Helplessness

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

A scraping sound could Be CPU fan failing or Grinding, hence causing PC to overheat.
      You could try cleaning the fan or buy a new one.
      The scraping sound come through th headset. I use an Intel closed loop water cooling unit. The temperatures are normal.

Name:  temp.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  48.8 KB

What a CAR?

Awesome

Indian - is the issue resolved. What build of Win 10 are you running? To find Press WinKey+R and key in WinVer. It should display the version. Let me know. Can suggest you a compatible version of Windows. But troubleshooting will take time. May be I can remote into your system as well.
      Linea has grown into a Octavia NOW!
      Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI (2020- )
      Fiat Linea (2010- )
      Hyundai Santro (2006-2010)

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

The issue is still there but not as often before I could restart about every 2-3 hours but now about once a day.
      Here is the version of my Windows.

Name:  winver.JPG
Views: 11
Size:  39.3 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information