• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I purchased my first bird, yes an airplane!

Enjoying the roar of a V8!!!

Awesome

VIDEO: Formation flying with a Cessna 172

We had to do a 40 min flight to a nearby airport to pick up some items for the aircraft. While returning, I flew in formation with a friend's Cessna 172.

Cessna 172 and Piper PA-28 series (my plane, PA-28 Warrior) is the most common single engine airplanes in USA's general aviation market. The formation flying called for some cool photos and videos from both the aircrafts as it was a perfect bright day!

Things to be planned before a formation flight:
      1. Discuss and plan the route between both the pilots of the involved aircrafts. Discuss the approx number of minutes after take-off to expect joining the formation.
      2. Select a common radio frequency and use that in one of the radios of all involved aircrafts. We set 123.45 MHz in radio #1 on our aircrafts while in formation.
      3. Use the local area common traffic advisory frequency (CTAF) example 122.72MHz of that area or use the military/Guard frequency 121.5 and monitor/standby one of those 2 frequencies in the second radio of your aircraft.
      4. Join the formation after take-off and as per the planned 'Join formation' minutes and switch radio to 123.45 MHz to establish a closed communication between the aircrafts in formation.
      5. Maintain steady course, safe distance and consistent airspeed to have a perfect formation flight.
      6. If you want to perform maneuvers while in formation, talk it out with the other aircraft and plan it properly.
      7. When ready to disperse from formation, switch the radio #1 frequency from 123.45 to what ever the local frequency is for that area.

Now, below is the video of my formation flying. Aircrafts in formation are Piper PA-28 Warrior II (Mine) and Cessna 172 (Friend's)....

Keep Revinn.....

Awesome

Awesome post, this is the first time I have come across such an amazing post related to Aircrafts, Keep flying safe!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gnishan View Post

Now, below is the video of my formation flying. Aircrafts in formation are Piper PA-28 Warrior II (Mine) and Cessna 172 (Friend's)....

Please click play on youtube when it prompts and if you want to watch the video. I have disabled embedding in my youtube channel since my videos are used in other places without permission.

Live and let live

Awesome

Wow...Just wow! Rich Indians in India are still thinking only in terms of luxury cars and you have moved on to planes. congratulations and put up more photos of weekend trips.

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

Same thoughts in my mind when I'm comparing about power to weight ratio or bhp per liter for my next ride...
      Why do people post I want the best for my car... When there isn't anything that is the best on the car to begin with.

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

Do you have a parachute in case? How many? Does it function like 2 step, I mean if primary doesn't shoot, 2nd does?
      Why do people post I want the best for my car... When there isn't anything that is the best on the car to begin with.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by legendracer View Post
      Do you have a parachute in case? How many? Does it function like 2 step, I mean if primary doesn't shoot, 2nd does?
      There is no parachute for these aircrafts or for the pilot/passengers. However, there are options to retro fit an after market BRS system (Ballistic Recovery System) in small 2 and 4 seat aircrafts. BRS is a rocket propelled parachute for the whole plane in case of emergency. I have also shown an aircraft with custom BRS install in my other "flying is fun" thread. There are many ultralight aircrafts (or Microlights as called in India) fitted with a BRS especially if the engine used is an old 2 stroke one like a Rotax 503, Rotax 582 etc. due its reliability issues.
      But in my aircraft Piper PA28 or any Cessna 172, the engine used in Lycoming 0-320 which is one bullet proof engine proven with exceptional safety records in last 30 years and in order to make it fail, you need to have some special engine management skills

But if you ask me personally, BRS is not necessary at all and i will not install BRS in my aircraft unless it comes factory installed like when you buy a Cirrus SR22 which anyways is not in my budget range, at least for now
      Last edited by gnishan; 11th Aug 2020 at 23:56.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by legendracer View Post
      Same thoughts in my mind when I'm comparing about power to weight ratio or bhp per liter for my next ride...
      Is this comment of your's meant for this thread? Are you referring to power/weight ratio on these 4 seat aircrafts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information