• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Civic suspension upgrade

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Alright, spoke at length with Mr Reza. FSD are out of stock but can be procured within 3 or so weeks.
      My other option is Koni yellows, these are adjustable.Should be available in stock.

So all in all, I have 4 options:
      1. Tien Super Street package - Eliminated as they are exorbitantly priced.
      2. D2 coilover - Very tempted by this as the range of adjustablity offered by these is exemplary.
      3. Koni FSD - Just the shock, and expensive for what it offers. This one's not adjustable.
      4. Koni Sport Yellows - These are also just the shock and the price difference between FSD and these is not much. These are adjustable.

I am not sure I can list the prices here. Lemme know if anyone is interested.

Now its research time.
      Last edited by hirenmistry; 25th Nov 2010 at 09:43.

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

hirenmistry please do mention the prices! It will surely help everybody else.

Awesome

Ok, here goes:
      Tien Super Street Package: INR 91K, add 25K for the EDFC.
      D2 coilovers: 57K
      Koni FSD: 47K
      Koni Sport Yellows: Per unit cost of 1 Front strut - INR 10670 and Rear strut INR 9020, so a total of: 39380 for a set of 4.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by hirenmistry View Post
      Alright, spoke at length with Mr Reza. FSD are out of stock but can be procured within 3 or so weeks.
      My other option is Koni yellows, these are adjustable.Should be available in stock.

So all in all, I have 4 options:
      1. Tien Super Street package - Eliminated as they are exorbitantly priced.
      2. D2 coilover - Very tempted by this as the range of adjustablity offered by these is exemplary.
      3. Koni FSD - Just the shock, and expensive for what it offers. This one's not adjustable.
      4. Koni Sport Yellows - These are also just the shock and the price difference between FSD and these is not much. These are adjustable.

I am not sure I can list the prices here. Lemme know if anyone is interested.

Now its research time.
      Quote Originally Posted by hirenmistry View Post
      Ok, here goes:
      Tien Super Street Package: INR 91K, add 25K for the EDFC.
      D2 coilovers: 57K
      Koni FSD: 47K
      Koni Sport Yellows: Per unit cost of 1 Front strut - INR 10670 and Rear strut INR 9020, so a total of: 39380 for a set of 4.
      Koni FSD are self Adjustable
      Koni Yellow has to be adjusted manually..in my opinion the FSD's are far superior that the yellows.
      "Worth spending money on car's compression than impression"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by remusrodeo View Post
      Koni FSD are self Adjustable
      Koni Yellow has to be adjusted manually..in my opinion the FSD's are far superior that the yellows.
      Yes thats what Mr Reza told me, and moreover the price difference between the 2 is not much.

Traveling...

Awesome

hirenmistry , let me know if you proceeded with any of the upgrades yet.

I am also looking to start with suspension mods on my car. Currently I find them soft and wallowy, especially at the back. Scary to drive through tight corners with major understeer issues. Looking at various options such as

1. Replace dampers with coilover kits such as TEIN Super Street or Bilstein B12
      2. Replace them with Self adjusting dampers such as Koni FSD
      3. Replace them with adjustable dampers such as Koni Yellow (with GC/Eibach spring/kits)
      4. Any other options (stabilizers, strut/sway/tie/anti-roll bars etc)

I am not looking to make a track car out of it. Prefer to have a decent ride quality along with better handling on corners with less wallowing and bottoming with high loads. I am fine to spend up to INR 1 lac for a good setup.

Request members here who have used/experienced any of the products above or similar ones to please voice their opinions so that I can make a good choice.

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

appuchan - I would suggest, go for a coilover kit. Its the best out there in aftermarket suspension.

Self adjusting dampers is an area I do not like venturing into. They seem to have a mind of their own and don't necessarily instil the confidence you might want under cornering. This comes from my experience on a few Balenos that were running self adjustable dampers.

I think the two options you have now are the Tein Super Sport and D2s? Did you find out from Peter if Bilsteins are available? If they are you can go for them eyes closed. IIRC, they come with a 1 year warranty.

I have driven a friends Civic with D2 (should be mentioned somewhere on this thread). Took time to get the setup right, but it was brilliant to drive the car after that. It wasn't too hard or too soft, just setup right for his daily driving.

tadukuttan has also driven that car.

You can contact viperjng for further details on the suspension, he supplies them.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      they come with a 1 year warranty.
      hmmm but dint BILSTIEN and konis come with lifetime warranty (read 1lakh kms ) ?

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by riyaz_cobra View Post
      hmmm but dint BILSTIEN and konis come with lifetime warranty (read 1lakh kms ) ?
      Ah, sorry for the typo, the Bilsteins indeed come with 1L kms warranty. Not sure the Konis have any warranty on them. You may have to check with methods automotive.

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Hey hirenmistry...did u install any suspension for ur civic. I too have finalized to go for a suspension change but am in a dillemma which one to go for. I have shortlisted 2...TEIN SS n Koni FSDs...now as u know TEINS are exorbitantly priced and FSDs are more in budget...though not sure of their later price as well.
      I am looking at the best of both worlds...stiffer then the stock but should have a comfortable ride quality as well.
      Hey guys..need evryone's suggestions on this...so please pitch in. Thanks
      11' BEAT LT TCDI | Back to Stock ICE :-(

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information