• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with my 2003 Santro Zipplus

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Problems with my 2003 Santro Zipplus

Hi all,

I have the following problems in my 2003 santro zip plus done 65000kms bought as used car last month.

1. After using the car with AC for sometime i can see patches of water under the mats in front passenger side and rear right side. I checked the AC drain pipe. It is perfect and water is dripping correctly. I checked inlet pipe of AC from engine bay to dashboard, it is also sealed perfectly. There is no clog of any drain pipes. if i splash water on windscreen it is draining out correctly.

Please tell me why this happening and possible solutions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27122010081.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	27184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27122010080.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	467.0 KB 
ID:	27183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27122010078.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	523.0 KB 
ID:	27182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27122010077.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	451.1 KB 
ID:	27181

2. Silencer pipe after some box is broken completely. I inspected the full silencer it is perfect and only the tail pipe is damaged. Can i get that piece alone and change it ? or shall i change entire silencer ? or weld and correct the existing ? I know going to A.S.S center will shot my budget. so planning to do this part outside.

Name:	27122010083.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	423.9 KB 
ID:	27185

3. In my rear left suspension i see some rubber is damaged and it is inside the spring. Is this a problem ? what is the solution ?

Name:	27122010085.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	359.7 KB 
ID:	27186

Please find the pics which will help to understand the problems i listed. Please give ideas and solutions. Please

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

a/c - not sure where the water is landing from, but it should be the drain pipe which might be clogged internally? Suggest you ask Hyundai service to repair it. Pretty certain they would have already seen a few 100 cars with the same problem.

silencer - maybe you should get headers/free flow done. Other than that, if you are looking for a short term solution, it should be trivial for an external garage to weld it up. But many places charge a ton for jobs like that. It might be a lot cheaper to get the rusted pieces new from the showroom. Get a quote from Hyundai before proceeding.

strut boot - dust will get into the strut and could cause it to fail prematurely. replace with a new one?

Awesome

Ok..

Not even a drop of water over the mat. which mean water is not dripping from above. Also not from dashboard. Since my drain pip is dripping water correctly im not sure. Will definetly ask hyundai about this.

Asked in a spare shop. He saying entire silencer without header will cost around 3k (not FFE) and the last part alone which is broken in my case is 400. So planning to change that alone as rest of the silencer is fine for now.

oh... i never heard of that term before will ask hyundai guys to check it as im planning to ask them to work on suspension settings. if they quote much i will just ask to change that rubber.

Thanks for your ideas.

Awesome

Your a/c water issue is pretty much confusing thingy. From the underbody pics, i think your platform gromet is missing, thru which water can enter into cabin. (Say during rainy season) This is a hidden and serious possibility of carpet wetting. But since you are experiencing only when the A/c is switched on, looks like it needs some serious inspection.

Rest of all are minor and regular jobs. Replace/Repair the exhaust pipe and strut boot as soon as possible
      chevy madness. Now a Harley too! :P

Awesome

what is platform gromet ? can you please highlight it in my pic ? even it happened yesterday but i dint drive even in small amount of water on road and no rain in chennai

Awesome

Well... Platform gromet is a round shaped rubber cap fixed to cover drain holes in platform. Anyways, this issue is not due to that as you are sure that therez no chance of water entering from outside.
      Another suspect is the heater system. Am not sure how the heater system works in Santro. In many cars, the hot engine coolant is circulated thru a coil which is placed near the cabin blower assy. This radiator like coil corrodes over time causing leakage of coolant inside the cabin. You can see considerable reduction of coolant level incase if this is the trouble maker.
      Do check and revert
      chevy madness. Now a Harley too! :P

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by autonut View Post
      Well... Platform gromet is a round shaped rubber cap fixed to cover drain holes in platform. Anyways, this issue is not due to that as you are sure that therez no chance of water entering from outside.
      Another suspect is the heater system. Am not sure how the heater system works in Santro. In many cars, the hot engine coolant is circulated thru a coil which is placed near the cabin blower assy. This radiator like coil corrodes over time causing leakage of coolant inside the cabin. You can see considerable reduction of coolant level incase if this is the trouble maker.
      Do check and revert
      oh thanks. Definitely not. Coolant level is same since i bought it. i never saw a drastic change / change in levels.

I bought silencer tail pipe (450) + seal (10) + struct buffer (80) total 540. Planning to change in local workshop under direct supervision of me

Struct kit is for front shocks which contains some more items. They call it as kit and it was some 400. I insisted them saying its for rear and showed the picture. after checking with some guy over phone they gave that strut buffer. which i what i need to change in my rear shocks.a

Awesome

first of all go for a general service of entire car and
      get the Silencer pipe weld ,cost you just 100rs
      replace the spring inner rubber
      -M&M Scorpio
      -Hyundai accent
      -m&m major550 MDI
      -royalenfied bullet std 350
      -bajaj pulasar 200 dtsi
      -Yamaha fz-s

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by S.H.E.R.A.101 View Post
      first of all go for a general service of entire car and
      get the Silencer pipe weld ,cost you just 100rs
      replace the spring inner rubber
      Entire tail pipe is damaged. not alone the disjoint. but also several damages like multi line fracture. its better to replace it.

Awesome

Update :

Today morning to went to a workshop near by and changed the tailpipe + strut buffer for Rs150. I felt some difference directly.

Before when i reach 100 and if i cut the gas it will suddenly drop to 80. i thought engine braking is too much in my car. but after changing the tail pipe i dint notice it. which means it was culprit since im new to driving im getting adjusted / used to even if there is any problem in my car .

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information