• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2011 - general discussion

Secret

F1 2011 - general discussion

well well well..somebody had to realize that the 2011 F1 season is shortly due and this is where we get to talk about it all.
      eventually, all race related topics can be covered in a race dedicated thread.
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

Secret

..and what better way to kick start this topic..
      HRT has signed up Narain karthikeyan for the 2011 season. He is returning to the sport with money from TATA, which will provide a significant boost for the cash-strapped HRT outfit.
      Hope he gets to show some magic when he races in the Indian Debut race in Delhi on Oct 30th.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by avinash View Post
      ..and what better way to kick start this topic..
      HRT has signed up Narain karthikeyan for the 2011 season. He is returning to the sport with money from TATA, which will provide a significant boost for the cash-strapped HRT outfit.
      Hope he gets to show some magic when he races in the Indian Debut race in Delhi on Oct 30th.
      yea this is the best news.. its going to be thrilling watch him race in Delhi.
      Avi he surely needed money thru sponsors,and Tata has helped him

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by kraftwagen View Post
      yea this is the best news.. its going to be thrilling watch him race in Delhi.
      Avi he surely needed money thru sponsors,and Tata has helped him

but HRT is not in the best of financial conditions and is definitely not in the competitive best. this is like total recall for NK coz that's exactly how it was when he joined Jordan.

Awesome

but HRT is not in the best of financial conditions and is definitely not in the competitive best. this is like total recall for NK coz that's exactly how it was when he joined Jordan.
      yea definitely not the best team to get into. But he really aint in a position to choose teams. This could possibly be for the fact that sponsors can make huge money when Indian races in India GP, and that Indian had to be NK since I reckon he is more popular than KC.
      But lets hope that he gets a good start and a better team if he can prove his best this season.

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by kraftwagen View Post
      yea definitely not the best team to get into. But he really aint in a position to choose teams. This could possibly be for the fact that sponsors can make huge money when Indian races in India GP, and that Indian had to be NK since I reckon he is more popular than KC.
      But lets hope that he gets a good start and a better team if he can prove his best this season.
      frankly, I'd love to see Karun Chandok in a good car. he has the potential.

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Great News Indeed. I hope NK really does some promising driving in that POS car.

I agree with Avi, Karan really did look promising. Hope some sponsor comes forward for him also.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      I agree with Avi, Karan really did look promising. Hope some sponsor comes forward for him also.
      Why isn't Maruti doing it?
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

Awesome

OMG!!! NK driving for HRT, just hope that he does'nt end up being Karun last year . HRT is just looking for money and zero committment. Hope Karun gets to drive a FI or a Lotus

In Bhai we Trust

Hungry

After a hiatus of five years, Narain Karthikeyan [ Images ] is all set to make his long-awaited comeback in the Formula One circuit after he earned a race driver's seat with the Hispania Racing Team (HRT) for the 2011 F1 season.

India's [ Images ] first F1 driver, Karthikeyan's last stint as a race driver was way back in 2005 with Jordan and since then he test-drove for Williams F1 in 2006 and 2007.

As expected, the 33-year-old Indian driver was ecstatic about fulfilling his dream of being the Indian driver on the grid of the inaugural Indian Grand Prix [ Images ].

"I have worked really hard to come back to F1 and it will be a dream come true to race in the first ever Indian Grand Prix in front of my fellow Indians. I hope that they will spur me on with their blessings and good wishes," said Karthikeyan.

His last stint in Formula 1 [ Images ] was as a race driver for Jordan Grand Prix in 2005. He then joined Williams F1 in 2006 & 2007 as a test driver.

From 2007 until 2009, he was the lead driver for A1 Team India in their quest for National honours in A1GP, The World Cup of Motorsport, where he won races for his country.

In 2009, he raced for the Kolles Audi Team in the Le Mans Series and the Le Mans 24-Hour race, where he again became the first ever Indian to participate in that legendary event.

The year 2010 turned out to be one of his busiest racing years for him ever, as he raced in NASCAR's Camping World Truck Series in the USA, as well as in the Superleague Formula in Europe, where he won a race at his favourite circuit, Brands Hatch in the UK.

Now, Karthikeyan is looking forward to driving for the Hispania Racing Team (HRT), which is all charged up to dramatically improve upon its 2010 performance.

HRT have expanded their own resources and have established some strong technical partnerships for the 2011 season.

Meanwhile, Karthikeyan said that he was extremely grateful to the Tata Group, who have played a pivotal role in ensuring his return to a full-time Formula 1 race drive.

"It's been a while in the making, but I am delighted to be racing again in Formula 1 in 2011. I have always maintained that I have not given up on my desire to return to the top level of motor sport. I am confident that I have the pace, the fitness and the will to succeed in Formula 1. I am extremely grateful to the Tata Group, without whose unwavering support, this comeback would not have been possible.

"I'm looking forward to racing for HRT, and to working again with Dr Colin Kolles (MD/Team Principal, Hispania Racing). We have a long standing and excellent working relationship together," said Karthikeyan.

The fan following in Formula 1 in India is poised to hit an all-time high with the prospect of having an Indian driver on the grid of the Indian Grand Prix in 2011.

source:TOI

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information