• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 33

    Thread: Electric Scooters

    1. #21
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      3,207
      Quote Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
      So in your view its better to buy a plain old petrol scooter ?
      This was intended to be a surprise and kinda different gift.
      You know "wow its electric" kinda thing.
      well, i think you should ask around and get an idea about the "afterfx" of e-scooters.
      afterall, its a gift and you dont wanna make the giftee run around.
      and yes e-scooters are good to ride, noiseless, and a good feeling of economy, i test drove the yo one and it felt good and was slow as hell.

    2. #22
      Angry OLD man...!
      Diesel'd O_o
       
      Secret
       
      yzfrj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      COK>MAA>BLR>TRV
      Posts
      2,877
      Quote Originally Posted by carphreak View Post
      make the giftee run around.
      Then I'll be running around.
      This is for my better half. Considering the mad traffic here 2 wheelers are not safe.
      She has this thing for 2 wheelers (even though she does't know how to ride one) and I kinda understand that as I used to be a "bike guy"

      Probably IC Engine will be a saner choice.
      Electric would be "cooler"

      EDIT : Maybe I should drop this whole 2 wheeler idea. I'm sure I'll be knocked senseless by my sis. Just got of the phone with her and she was NO to the whole 2 wheeler idea.
      Last edited by yzfrj; 13th Jan 2011 at 19:40.
      Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later

      1997 - Yamaha RxZ
      2003 - 2003 OHC vtec (AKA The Boat) - Blackworked ;) - Sold
      2012 - Schwinn Frontier Elite
      2012 - KTM Duke 200
      2016 - Honda City VX(o) BL - Diesel (AKA Diesel Boat)

    3. #23
      ....
       
      Secret
       
      avinash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Michigan, USA
      Posts
      5,963
      Quote Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post

      EDIT : Maybe I should drop this whole 2 wheeler idea. I'm sure I'll be knocked senseless by my sis. Just got of the phone with her and she was NO to the whole 2 wheeler idea.
      then, maybe you'd want to close this thread.
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

    4. #24
      Angry OLD man...!
      Diesel'd O_o
       
      Secret
       
      yzfrj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      COK>MAA>BLR>TRV
      Posts
      2,877
      Quote Originally Posted by avinash View Post
      then, maybe you'd want to close this thread.
      Avi, Maybe. Let me see if I can get test ride before that.
      I feel kinda silly right now.
      Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later

      1997 - Yamaha RxZ
      2003 - 2003 OHC vtec (AKA The Boat) - Blackworked ;) - Sold
      2012 - Schwinn Frontier Elite
      2012 - KTM Duke 200
      2016 - Honda City VX(o) BL - Diesel (AKA Diesel Boat)

    5. #25

      <invisible>
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      1,602
      Here is a pic of a Electric bicycle ! I found a shop in Jeeban Vima Nagar which deals with Electric bikes from Ampere Vehicles Pvt. Ltd - http://ampvl.en.ec21.com/company_info.jsp

      I saw this kind of bicyle was used vastly in Shanghai. I spoke to the dealer guy. As per him it can run up to 40KMs on a full recharge. Can easily be pedaled if needed. Costs 16K INR.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Electric Cycle.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	44330
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unnati_automobiles.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	276.8 KB 
ID:	44331

      There are few nice looking scooters ranging from Rs. 25K to 45K .

      As per the shop person, it takes 6 hours to recharge and runs up to 60 to 80 kms based on model and load. Service cost is less than Rs.200 . Motor replacement cost is around 7K. Not sure about battery replacement cost, which is needed after 2-3 years (price might vary basedon model etc.) But they take the old battery back for Rs.800 while replacing.

      Hope this helped someone who is looking at test ride of the suck bikes at Bangalore.

      Contact number : Unnati Automobiles - 080 41525080, 8951861120

      ( PS: Does this post need disclaimer english saying - i am honest, this is for academic use only etc? )

    6. #26
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      winter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Hong Kong
      Posts
      416
      Quote Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
      it takes 6 hours to recharge
      Has it got a detachable battery? From the pic it does not seem so.

    7. #27

      <invisible>
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      1,602
      Quote Originally Posted by winter View Post
      Has it got a detachable battery? From the pic it does not seem so
      Guess not.

      And I wondered as he said that, there is no road tax and driving license needed to ride them on our road. obviously no helmet rule also is applied, then?

    8. #28
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      winter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Hong Kong
      Posts
      416
      Quote Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
      And I wondered as he said that, there is no road tax and driving license needed to ride them on our road. obviously no helmet rule also is applied, then?
      If these are anything like the ones I have seen here, then they cant go much faster than an ordinary bicycle. So it should be okay. But those batteries are expensive. If they are not detachable they are prone to theft and it is a bit inconvenient to charge since you have to run a cable to where you park the bicycle. The ones I have seen have detachable batteries.

    9. #29
      http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!
       
      Hungry
       
      Dinesh Sachdev's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Chennai,India
      Posts
      2,536
      Quote Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
      Here is a pic of a Electric bicycle ! I found a shop in Jeeban Vima Nagar which deals with Electric bikes from Ampere Vehicles Pvt. Ltd - http://ampvl.en.ec21.com/company_info.jsp

      I saw this kind of bicyle was used vastly in Shanghai. I spoke to the dealer guy. As per him it can run up to 40KMs on a full recharge. Can easily be pedaled if needed. Costs 16K INR.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Electric Cycle.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	44330
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unnati_automobiles.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	276.8 KB 
ID:	44331

      There are few nice looking scooters ranging from Rs. 25K to 45K .

      As per the shop person, it takes 6 hours to recharge and runs up to 60 to 80 kms based on model and load. Service cost is less than Rs.200 . Motor replacement cost is around 7K. Not sure about battery replacement cost, which is needed after 2-3 years (price might vary basedon model etc.) But they take the old battery back for Rs.800 while replacing.

      Hope this helped someone who is looking at test ride of the suck bikes at Bangalore.

      Contact number : Unnati Automobiles - 080 41525080, 8951861120

      ( PS: Does this post need disclaimer english saying - i am honest, this is for academic use only etc? )
      This is not an electric bike, this is a electrically "assisted" bicycle..
      the IC assisted bicycle was luna, tvs50..

      I everyday see these post office guys and courier walas use them in my area, I wonder if they can perform for them, why not us ?

      Test drive ? hmm well.. I wanna test drive one too, just for the instant acceleration part..
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio


    10. #30

      <invisible>
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      1,602
      Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Sachdev View Post
      This is not an electric bike, this is a electrically "assisted" bicycle
      Yep, that is correct. I took snap of that because, it was something very interesting to me. Rear wheel is the 'direct drive' motor type.
      The others costing 33K onwards indeed were electric scooters, comparable to tvs scooty or honda dio types.
      Last edited by shyamhegde; 28th May 2011 at 22:41. Reason: correction....

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Suzuki motorcycles and scooters in India
      By shishirbn in forum Indian Bike News
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 9th Feb 2012, 12:53
    2. All-Electric Nido Mini
      By shishirbn in forum Electric Vehicles
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 24th May 2010, 13:44
    3. Electric VW Golf
      By shishirbn in forum General Discussions
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 17th May 2010, 12:50
    4. Vauxhall’s new electric car range
      By shishirbn in forum Electric Vehicles
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 9th Apr 2010, 09:35
    5. GM's electric SPARK for india
      By CrazyLalla in forum Spark
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 6th Apr 2010, 15:32

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •