• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Spark LS (LPG Version)

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Red face 2010 Spark LS (LPG Version)

Mine is a small family. Me, wife and 1 kid. Wife is a SW Engr and kid goes to UKG. Need for an affordable car(second) were becoming an absolute necessity day by day as the kid is growing up and so one of us has to reach back home as early as possible to take care of her. Finally decided to buy a small car. Purpose = wife's daily commute.
      Drove almost all the affordable compact cars like Alto, K10, Spark, Santro ECO, A-Star, Wagon R and the basic i10 and after considering several factors decided to pickup an LPG Version Spark.

Why Spark LS (LPG)?
      The wudbe owner & driver is a female and so compactness, good drivability, decent peppyness, powered steering, power windows(atleast for front doors as it will help the driver ask directions / collect toll tickets etc), AC, good allround visibility (this helps in city drives), lowest maintenance costs and good FE(distance to be covered in a month is 750-900 kms. I cudn't find a better option that satisfies all those factors. The car came with a Zero Service charge package for 3 years "CPCO". This includes everything (even bulbs & wiper blades) except tyres!!! So no worries in service side.

Apart from all these, there was an LPG version available! Minute wise revision of petrol costs is a wallet threatening factor. The car is planned to be used for another 5 years and thots of petrol costs 3/5 years down the line pushed me heavily to get the company fitted LPG car. No worries & possible savings on fuel costs!

Dealer - Geeyem Motors, Cochin.
      Sales Dept -
      Good approach, decently studied and they were courteous all way till the delivery. Their approach towards ppl who enquire a car is good in my experience. I took more than 6 months to decide and these ppl patiently followed me thru out. The booking and offers were good (free mud flaps and floor mats) and smooth. Requested 25 days lead time for the opted colour (Velvet Red) and LPG version and the car came in time.
      Accessory Dept -
      The person dealt was inefficient for the job. Had to make some noise to get set of Alloys. Technicians are lazy as the car delivered to me without mud flaps and fog lamps. Its better NOT to buy anything from the showroom. To me this was a reconfirmatory experience.
      Accounts Dept -
      Am not happy with them. There were confusions during final payment settlements as these ppl purposefully makes computations and adjustments in a complicated manner to confuse the customer. This trick works bigtime as they know that the customer will be on thrill of getting a new car. One should be very very carefull about this. In my case, the differance was only of small amount. Anyways, BE CAUTIOUS.
      Service Dept -
      All are kids! Well fed with all kinds of tricks to fool a customer. They are efficient to do regular service works and replacement jobs... but efficient for any tough trouble shooting requirements or specific works. Not sure whether they have any well experienced/trainned ppl to support them! I wanted to fix rear wiper in my car and so enquired with the service advisor whether they can fix the same kit used in LT variant of Spark. Says nobody knowz how to do that job!!!! Heh, Its almost a plug and play work!! God only knows whatz in store for the next 5 years of service!!!

Driving and ownership exp of the car -
      Allround visibility and good gearing are the best part of this car! Its easy to maneuver in the city. Excellent air conditioner. Overall build quality is good. Interior space is damn good. No rattlings.
      Bad points.
      Glare of Beige color dash board on windscreen is the biggest issue. One has to wear polaroid glass to counter this alteast to a good extent.
      Suspension rattles when driven thru real rough hard roads.
      Design of front seats lacks lumbar supports. Gives back pain at times.
      Knee touches the dashboard and its a discomfort for gents. Surprisingly this is not so bad for females!!!

Accessories fitted -
      (1) OE Front fog lamps. Juz to improve the looks (Rs.6k - including the OE control stack)
      (2) Central Lock. Autocop make, OE. Its a convenient stuff. (Rs.3.5k)
      (3) Gareware Classic film. Juz to block some heat and it works decently. (2.5k)
      (4) Rear spoiler. Juz to improve looks (Rs.5k incl painting)
      (5) Alloys (Neo Wheels). To improve looks (Rs.16k)
      (6) Alpine 100EUD Head Unit - (Rs.7,500/-)
      (7) JBL Speakers on Dash Board (Free)

Therez no big issues till now. Had to reset the doors at 1k Service. Fuel indicator showz erratic readings at times!
      Except that therez no issues till date. The car has crossed 2.8k kms till date. Will update more as and how things comesup.

Overall... this one is a great VFM.
      Last edited by autonut; 13th Jan 2011 at 13:33.
      chevy madness. Now a Harley too! :P

WHiTe LiGHTNiNG™
      Hyperian

Awesome

autonut, how about some pictures.
      Caveman on Ketosis

Awesome

Sure.. will defy put pics 2mrw

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

Went through a similar decision making process and picked up a spark for my wife last month. only thing, it will run less than 500kms a month, so didnt see the sense in getting LPG.
      Anyways- love the new signature-"another chevy coming home"

My only grouse with this car is the beige dashboard. completely blinds you at night. need to get something done about that.
      Please subscribe to the #Cochin hashtag for notifications on the Cochin meets.

Secret

congrats on your car mate.
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

^_^

Awesome

Congrats Buddy. But few pics would be great.
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

Awesome

Congrats autonut! you made a good choice picking up the chevy.

BTW is there a virbration felt inside the cabin durng idling

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
      My only grouse with this car is the beige dashboard. completely blinds you at night. need to get something done about that.
      Cheap and best remedy is usage of Polorised glass Doc. Painting the dashboard with black shade is a herculian job!

Quote Originally Posted by avinash View Post
      congrats on your car mate.
      Compliments shared to Wife Anyways..Thanks Avinash

Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
      Congrats Buddy. But few pics would be great.
      Pics will be updated very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by carphreak View Post
      Congrats autonut! you made a good choice picking up the chevy.
      BTW is there a virbration felt inside the cabin durng idling
      No significant vibrations inside cabin during idling. There was a bit of shivering when the speedo touches 100 km/hr. Solved it by properly balancing the wheels.

Awesome

Now few snaps of the car

Will update the rest of the infos reg FE, handling and others will be done right after 2nd service (5k).

Awesome

Sold the swift and so the Spark was serving me for more than 60% of the commute. It crossed 5k kms now and sent for periodical service to Geeyem Motors, Kochi.
      Brilliant car I wud say! No major issues till now. Most of this 5k kms was driven by me and so am very close to the car now.

Few things that I want the service ppl to address and their response to that are as below.
      (1) Low FE (diz cud be because of my pedal to metal driving style) It returns a consistent FE of 12km/ltr. (LPG mode with 100% AC ON)
      They said it will checked and adjusted properly. But they started beating the bushes when I asked how are you gonna adjust it?! Buggers are clueless and says they can only refresh the codes if any!!
      (2) Tight steering (something which poped-up after filling nitorgen on tyres) even with 32 psi of nitrogen against the recommended 30psi of air.
      I know this started after filling nitrogen on tyres. Dint tell this to the buggers and asked them the reason for sudden chance in toghtness. Says will check the steering pump and suspension. End of the day I asked them again what they did to correct it! Answer is "lubricated the steering dampner"!!!! :=D Again cluless!
      (3) Tik Tik sound from the sequential injection rail of LPG, when the engine is running on LPG mode.
      he heeee... buggers dun even know which make kit is fitted on the car!!! Completely clueless about the sound even after discussing about similar discussions in online LPG forums!
      (4) Minor steering vibrations above 100 km/hr!
      Said balancing is out and has to be redone! I hope they did the balancing job! But the vibrations remains! Again clueless and told me that they will pick the car from home and get it sorted out!

5k service includes replacement of e.oil and filter + required adjustments/tightening/top-ups of 32 check points. No idea whether they checked all those 32 check points! Anyways.. finished all of the above jobs in a day and made it ready for delivery. Customers are happy as they are not asked to pay anything! CPCO!

I knew the service wud be a huge issue when decided to purchase chevys! God knows whatz in store for me! :-( Buggers wont even give a call for updates! Not even when specifically asked to do that! Dun understand what customer service do they follow!

I had to really pester the advisor to get the rates of rear wiper assembly and parcel tray! Rear wiper parts (almost 13 parts) are available for purchase but they dun retrofit the same! Rear wiper kit excluding control switch, reservoir, pump and nozzle will cost around Rs. 3.2k. Total wud be Rs.6k!
      Rear parcel tray costs Rs.1,400/-.

Another thing which I wud like to add here is the dramatic change in handling of the car when tyre pressure is increased to 32 psi from 30! Try it ;-)
      Last edited by autonut; 11th Feb 2011 at 14:28.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information