• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TATA Motors Full Throttle: TATA's motorsports initiative.

Secret

TATA Motors Full Throttle: TATA's motorsports initiative.

Leveraging on the growing popularity of motorsports in India, the country's largest automobile company, Tata Motors, on Tuesday announced its foray into the world of racing by launching the ' Tata Motors Full Throttle'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tata-Safari-Full-Throttle.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	32177

Name:  tataxenondesert_2_560x420.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  61.4 KB

Name:  tataxenondesert_1_560x420.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  109.5 KB

As part of this new initiative, which works as a platform for steering the company's participation in motorsports and allied activities, the Tata Motors will field a team of two Tata Safaris and two Xenon XT cars to participate in the forthcoming 'Desert Storm Rally', beginning on February 22 from Ahmedabad.

The team from Tata group will later on participate in other motorsports events in India such as the 'Raid De Himalayas' in their quest to become a regular on the racing circuit.

source : zigwheels
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

The Xenon looks so beautiful, be it the background or color of the car or time of the day. Good wallpaper stuff.
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

Awesome

What else can those bulks do , the safari and xenon cant offroad for nuts. Desert storm and safari? i guess we will need to desert the safari in the desert once it breaks down

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Tata is indeed taking Desert Storm and Raid de Himalaya very seriously this year.

They have actually allotted 7 Xenons, 4 Safaris, 2 Land Rovers and 1 Tata truck for this year. memo45_m is one of the drivers and his navigator is his newly wedded wife.

Nice to see Tata come up with this initiative. We need more support from the manufacturers to promote motorsport in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein
      What else can those bulks do , the safari and xenon cant offroad for nuts.
      Really? Because the last time I went to a serious off-roading event at Avalakonda, both hrag's Safari and memo45_m's Xenon did everything the Gypsys and Jeeps did and more.

And do remember being a factory works team, they have budgets far higher than most private participants which allows room for mods you can't imagine a private individual would take up for an event of this magnitude.

Awesome

I agree with the factory team and budget.

Coming to the xenon and safari , you should have seen this years event , a landcruiser prado from our team did the trail , albeit with broken everything and needed winching , the jeeps and gypsys did it easily.

Since you dared to compare these softroaders with the jeep, why dont you explain to all of us here technically how the safari and xenon are better to JEEPS and how they can do more????

Support Donkey

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
      why dont you explain to all of us here technically how the safari and xenon are better to JEEPS and how they can do more????
      I am technically handicapped when it comes to off-roading jargon, so pardon me. What I said comes from personal experience of having seen these two vehicles do all that the Jeeps and Gypsys have done at OTRs over the last 2yrs. After being told by the gurus of Bangalore OTR that the Safari & Xenon should not be allowed on the trail, they ended up being the vehicles that towed and rescued almost all other Jeeps/Gypsys that got in trouble. Anyways, lets wait and watch than be arm chair critics and whine about it here.

Awesome

Mclaren, there are no gurus except a few, all have zero practical knowledge and all are self proclaimed man. It is not rocket science . Trust me you will be one hell of a guru if you allot some time for offroading.The real world gurus are UBS,Arka,suresh stephen and a very few.

Generally we use heavier and powerful vehicles for towing ,that does not make them better. This year jeep rescued the mighty TLC prado.

JEEP vs Safari/ xenon in pure offroad perspective .

Jeep has better ADR angles , ie departure, approach and breakover angle.
      Jeep is lighter by a ton
      Jeep has much much better articulation
      Jeep has a better crawl ratio
      Jeep dosent get damaged
      Jeep has better visibility
      Jeep has a shorter wheel base.
      Jeep has solid front and back axle
      Jeep has no complicated electronics

Posting a pic of our offroad challenge in hyd where a mm540 had a tuff time clearing the first obstacle , imagine the xenon or safari with that long wheel base and overhangs.

And please do not venture in to 4wd talk if you are not sure , and do remember that you are Talking to the GURU himself

PS, avi sorry for hijacking your thread
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2077.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	608.2 KB 
ID:	32180  

Dicored!

Awesome

I just saw this video and the Safari seemed to be doing everything that the other 'big boys' did.....with equal ease!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ThaenMadurai/

Support Donkey

Awesome

Franky, oh self proclaimed guru, do you realize that Raid De Himalaya and Desert Storm are *different* to your usual walk in the park OTRs? Why don't you do some reading about the format of these events and the hurdles they will be going through? Its mostly driving through some beautiful landscapes in India thrown in with some challenging road conditions, nothing like the one in the pic you have posted above. The main challenges for these events is endurance, how your nurture your car and fitness of the drivers and navigators taking part.

Assuming that you really have no clue what happens at Raid de Himalaya, let me take the liberty to put up some videos so that you can get a grasp of how the event is conducted and what it is all about.

A video of the Desert Storm.

This is what I call, shooting yourself in the foot

So which Jeeps that have better ADR angles, articulation, crawl ratio can touch top speeds of in excess of 120kmph in these terrains and do jumps like the Esteems and Gypsys?

Oh, here is some reading up you might want to do too.

Raid De Himalaya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Desert Storm 2011

Awesome

Saar your statement was the safari/xenon can do everything a jeep can do and more, now please excuse me on your preaching about desert storm and raid de himalaya.

Aint wagon R s aslo participate in that Raid de himalaya

You know what , you do not need a hardcore offroader for the raid de himalaya. And please dont call raid de himalaya harcore offroad ,its more about endurance and saving your vehicle.

I know about himalayas, those roads, cause i have lived your dream, of driving my own safari right up to ladakh. You seem to have no clue what so ever about the roads there , apart from pics and videos you would have seen posted by others.

So finally you had to bring gypsys to the picture, seriously man ,you should grow up.

Walk in the park , i see , so how times have you gone offroad with your own vehicle to call them a walk in the park.

Dont deviate from offroad performance to himalaya.

Saaaar , i do not shoot my self, but you do, The answer for speeds excess of 120km and jumps is the THAR. It will rape the safari and xenon and may i ask how to jump with the safari ??, the ifs wont even last for half of the event, and before you goolge , IFS means independent front suspension.
      Last edited by Frankenstein; 18th Feb 2011 at 13:00.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information