• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FABIA querries

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

hi trojan ,just wanted to know are you mumbai,i am quite keen on the fabia cause nothing has quite caught my fancy as much as the fabia has so would rather like some light shed on this matter like whats the milleage like cause i am diff feed back from all the showrooms and if you know of any one who owns the new 1.2 TDCI Fabia and could give me ASS info and running costs,thank you

Awesome

@ Skimmer,am from Bangalore and own a 1.2 Polo myself.

Was able to provide you with the details on Fabia since my friend owned one(the old verison with the 1.4 LTR engine)and personally had driven the car extensively.I loved the car and would have definately picked up one for myself but for the following reasons.

1) Too noisy diesel engine (earlier version)
      2) ASS
      3) Expensive spares
      4) Re-sale value

As i mentioned earlier,Of all the people i know who owned a fabia,haven't heard of one good experience with ASS till date atleast in Bangalore.

The FE depends on various factors but you can expect around 14 -15 KM/LTR in city and around 20 - 21 KM/LTR on the highway (with the AC on 100% of the time if driven as instructed).

If am not wrong,Skoda has reduced the prices of spares too(Fabia).If you love the way the car looks,fine with the re-sale value and ready to live with skoda ASS.I don't think their should be anything else that should stop you from picking up this car.

The 4 year shield and the insurance plan suggested below will provide you with peace of mind for atleast 4 years.

I hope i have answered all your queries.
      Last edited by Trojan; 16th Mar 2011 at 09:39.

Awesome

hey thanks trojan feeling better now,cause,I just love this damn machine it just suits me i have driven the figo too but it just does not match upto the fabia will TD the I20 around next week so will get back.thanks anyways for the input.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by skimmer View Post
      hey thanks trojan feeling better now,cause,I just love this damn machine it just suits me i have driven the figo too but it just does not match upto the fabia will TD the I20 around next week so will get back.thanks anyways for the input.
      Hey have you bought the car yet? I've just bought this car and am truly understanding what the term AMAZING is all about!! Have a look under the hatchback ownership reviews for my thread on my experience.

Awesome

Guys need advice. Recently while driving the car, i noticed airbag sign "on". Its there all the time and does not go off or blinks. Is it just a sensor issue or the whole airbag gone kaput? Please advice.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nitinralli View Post
      Guys need advice. Recently while driving the car, i noticed airbag sign "on". Its there all the time and does not go off or blinks. Is it just a sensor issue or the whole airbag gone kaput? Please advice.
      There should be a separate fuse for Airbag in the fuse box, trying removing it and putting it back and check whether light goes off, else you need to take it service center. Most probably it should be an issue with sensor.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

These are usually caused by some wiring harness coming loose etc and not really a sign of Airbag failure. The first culprit usually is the sensor wiring beneath the front seats, just check them once.

Either way, connect a scanner and get the Error codes logged.
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Awesome

So what was the actual issue with your Fabia airbag sign ? Was that sorted out ?
      Every journey begins with a single step..!!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vshankar88 View Post
      So what was the actual issue with your Fabia airbag sign ? Was that sorted out ?
      Nope too lazy to take her to service station till now Its still there, but i dont drive her much so have ignored it till now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information