• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What parts of the car are under warranty

Diesel Head \m/

Awesome

What parts of the car are under warranty

Lets discuss what parts of the car(Engine, Plastics etc) are replaceable under warranty because this question has been intriguing me from the time i bought my vehicle
      Car - Hyundai Getz CRDi GVS - 2009
      ICE - Galaxy Note 2; Audison Bit 1; SinusLive 6505 5CH Amp; PHD FB Series Mid Bass + AF Pro Series Tweeter (AF 1.C) + MF series 12" SUB;

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by shyam
      Lets discuss what parts of the car(Engine, Plastics etc) are replaceable under warranty because this question has been intriguing me from the time i bought my vehicle
      I keep hearing "wear and tear" parts are not covered by warranty. clutch, brake etc bring prominent. Not very sure, and I have a feeling the warranty will be different from manufacturer to manufacturer. Probably your user manual lists out the parts which are not covered.
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

a friend of mine has a spark, and *everything* is covered.

worn out wipers, IRVM thats he broke, everything gets replaced FOC.

I'm on my extended warranty now. Only the Expensive parts are covered
      *Now with red horns!

Awesome

For my(dad's) indigo i had got the clutch replaced under warranty at about 18k km on the odo, but i dunno if others also provide the same.

Diesel Head \m/

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by tadukuttan
      Quote Originally Posted by shyam
      I keep hearing "wear and tear" parts are not covered by warranty. clutch, brake etc bring prominent. Not very sure, and I have a feeling the warranty will be different from manufacturer to manufacturer. Probably your user manual lists out the parts which are not covered.
      I hear the same thing. Thing is i have this wierd vibration on my gear lever which has been ascertained to be a faulty wire thing which connects the lever and the gear box. They try fixing it everytime even after me having asked them to replace it repeatedly.
      ICE - Galaxy Note 2; Audison Bit 1; SinusLive 6505 5CH Amp; PHD FB Series Mid Bass + AF Pro Series Tweeter (AF 1.C) + MF series 12" SUB;

Extinguished GearHead
      Throttle first... Think
      later...

Awesome

I have found out what has been making a funny grrrrr noise at around 1200 - 1300 rpm in my car for the last few days. All of a sudden Ive forgotten what its called, but anyway its what we clip the seat belt buckle into. The passenger side thing has been vibrating like hell making a very irritating noise, and if I hold it when its vibrating the noise goes away. Is this covered under warranty??

All my AC vents and center facia were replaced under warranty for me at HMP as well after my 1st service debacle.
      Catch me if you can.....
      '08 Hyundai Verna CRDi

Diesel Head \m/

Awesome

well i had a wierd brrr sound comin too, felt it was coming from inside the engine compartment. Eventually traced it to a loose rvm which i got tightened. another sound comes from the gear lever console. Getting that replaced under warranty

Awesome

Sorry for coming in late. But I dont want to open another thread.
      All parts of the vehicle are covered under warranty for the specified time.
      If you read the section on warranty, it is clearly mentioned. Let me put it in simple terms.
      Any failure caused by material failure or poor workmanship read improper fitting is covered under warranty.
      Some of the failures like WS glass or door handle and the like cannot be attributed to material failure. Mostly such failures will be the result of poor handling by the operator. So they will be rejected normally. Even these can be covered under warranty as special cases.

Any further query on warranty is welcome.

Pls dont compare cases. Apart from the strict policy guidelines the garage can do certain things on case to case basis.
      This is a lengthy subject and I will try to add something whenever the question comes.
      Last edited by thilak.kmb; 24th Dec 2010 at 06:31.
      I am on right click mode. Always. For more options.

Storme'd

Secret

thilak.kmb sir that was really useful info. just wanted to know whether the following is covered under warranty though MASS guys rejected the claim and charged me for replacement when my car was just 1 year old and ODO reading was below 10K:
      1. horn went kaput
      2. wiper got damaged
      3. headlight bulbs went kaput

when i argued they informed that these things along with gearbox and clutch plates are not covered under warranty.

i know its too late for me now since my car is already more than 4 years old and ODO has clocked above 40K but info. will help me when i buy new car in future.

Awesome

I just read that there's something called Insurance on insurance where one gets no depreciation at all, over & above, they're paid for stand by car, lost keys & host of facilities like accomodation when out of city. This type of insurance is available with Tata AIG & Bajaj Allianz & the car in question was Skoda Superb. Not sure if such an insurance is available for all cars or only cars meeting certain conditions. But again it works only for new cars & 3 years or so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information