• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 LT TCDi

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

The sportiest Diesel Sedan in that segment , I am told by many . All the service guys in the Chevy showroom that I go to tells me that this car has a enormous pick up . Someone in Toon Bhp remapped this car to get 170 BHP if I remember correctly Amazing.

Awesome

Again a late update :=D

Odometer crossed 10k kms and the car was given for service last month. This time I told the Dy.WM that I wont accept the car back incase if the inherent problems are not sorted out for ever. I gave some clear tips about the areas to look for a permanent solution. (Left side pulling and air leak sound from driver side window)

The guy completed periodical service on the same day and said service work is over and the car is being transfered to the "seniors" to clear the old issues. I said fine and told him to update me from time to time.

Luckily, Dy.WM Mr.Francis (this chap is helpfull) himself took it for work and got the strut and suspension cross member realigned the way I told him. Even this guy was totally against such a work and agreed to do the same only upon my request. They are not even aware of the strut alignments and confirms that no such adjustments are possible on the strut. People who has worked on Swift's strut will know what am talking about. Anyways.. this guy dismantled the strut and cross member, aligned and assembled back. Result is a car that moves on a straight line first time after the assembly lane. I doubted on tyres and strut alignments right from the first day but these guys never heard my voice. So thatz bout it regarding the side pulling issue.

Second issue was the air leak sound that comes in when the car is driven above 90km/hr! The "good for nothings" of B&P section of geeyem spend a lot of days trying idiotic works to trace and clear this issue! Still these guys failed to see the huge gap between glass and inside weather strip on driver side window. The door pad itself had unusual warpage and thatz how the gap formed there. I showed them the gap and told them to replace the same with another one as that was the only possibility there. They dint had the item in stock and the same came from bangalore after a weeks time. Replaced the door pad and the result is a silent cabin!!

UFF!!!! Honestly... am badly hurt with the efficieny and knowledge of people who works on our cars there! Nobody has the passion towards the works he does nor anybody is bothered to learn the subjects deeply! I have decided to stop going there as and when the CPCOO is over. Sadly thatz a blocker now

Car has crossed 2.5k kms since then and is absolutely fine now.

Planning for fresh wheels after onam festival. Wud be either the MA-Z1's or S Drives followed by a TDi Racing treatment for the struts ;-) Will keep all of you updated
      chevy madness. Now a Harley too! :P

Awesome

hi autonut, i m facing the prob wt u said... tnx for info... hw s handling after the tyre pres 32f and 30b...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Saravana View Post
      hi autonut, i m facing the prob wt u said... tnx for info... hw s handling after the tyre pres 32f and 30b...
      What is the issue you are reffering to?? Airleak sound or side pulling? How old is your car?
      Handling is faaaaar better with increased tyre pressure. Try it to believe it

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by autonut View Post
      Handling is faaaaar better with increased tyre pressure.
      handling good if you increase tire pressure i only thought it was for better mileage and the ride does get a little bumpy and scary when raining.

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      handling good if you increase tire pressure i only thought it was for better mileage and the ride does get a little bumpy and scary when raining.
      low tire pressure = wonky sidewall. enough said.

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      low tire pressure = wonky sidewall. enough said.
      bond.. i was talking about maintaining the recommended pressure and not under / over inflated tires.

Awesome

Well... this is a differant case. Company recommended tyre pressure for Magnum with 195/60/R15 is juz 28psi which contributes to a soft and plush ride. The same tyres when fitted to a much lighter car - A swift diesel runs perfectly with 30 psi or 33 psi. This is the reason why I inflated it to 32 instead of 28! 32 made the suspesion a bit more stiff eventually helped better handling!

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

bond.. i was talking about maintaining the recommended pressure and not under / over inflated tires.
      the company recommendation is for comfort Sumit. the Optra Magnum wasnt meant to be a sporty handler from GM was it? recommendation aside, a higher tire pressure will stiffen the sidewall. it only affects handling by slightly reducing the contact patch. if the contact patch is relatively unaffected, a higher pressure would result in better handling, or so I think.

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      a higher pressure would result in better handling,
      i do not want to compare SUV and sedans here but a doubt needs to be cleared and so the OT.

the 245/70 16 in the endeavour are recommended at 32 (front) and 30 (rear) and in case of loaded vehicle 34 in all tires.
      i however choose to fill 34 in all tires at all times and the tire always seems under inflated.

however once i upped to 36psi on all tires and the contact patch was better and the tires did not seem under inflated at all.

however my mileage did increase marginally but in rain i could sense the rear of the endy sway a bit which was not there when the the tires were at 34.

thats why i asked this question. so still not sure whether to run 34 or 36.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information