• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The M800 mods thread

Do you really want it?

Awesome

The M800 mods thread

Hi Guys,

Let us dedicate this thread to the modifications on the M800 of which there are so many.

To start off, I replaced the nozzle wiper with the ones from the Swift yesterday. Got inspired from the other forum where a guy did it for his Esteem. The result is really good. I get a very clean and clear windshield quickly and easily compared to the previous stock setup.

I was skeptical about the pump's power and wired the nozzle to test them and was surprised that it can easily spray from all four outlets to a distance of 6 feet easily. Removing and replacing the nozzle were breeze and took less than a couple of minutes.

Aligning the nozzles however were really tricky and it took two of us more than an hour to get it right properly. It's easy I guess if you have a thin and strong pin. We were using a small screw driver only. Also as the 800's windshield is relatively small and the four streams can stir up quite a spray we had to ensure that the others on the road did not get a free shower when I used them.

I am very satisfied with the new setup now

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Copy pasting an old post I made at Autocar.

Ahh!! I have always wanted to mod a Carb 800. Do the following steps and i assure you, it will fly!!

Step 1. Change the entire exhaust system. From the Headers to the tailpipe. Go in for a 2 inch or a 1-3/4 inch freeflow setup.

Step 2. Buy a brand new Zen Carb. The Zen carb will fit directly onto the original manifold. All you will need to do is change your throttle controller bracket(or change the accelerator cable to the zen's cable. It comes with the carb)

Step 3.Check the timing, check the tappets. Change the Spark plugs. Dont put expensive Iridium sparkplugs etc. They make no difference.

Step 4. Try to get a Zen Air Cleaner. If not, The original 800 Air cleaner will also fit. Remove the Stud from the top of the old carb and put it it the new carb.

Step 4. Do all this and come back and tell us the difference.

COST: A brand new Mikuni Zen Carb costs around 6,000 Bucks. Haggle a bit, you might get it in under 5K. A full Freeflow will cost around 7-8K. So if your Budget is around 15K, this is the easiest way to get a TON of power.

Pictured below is a box in which a mikuni comes in.
      Chicken RULES!!!

Do you really want it?

Awesome

This is for the carb one, anything easy plug n play for MPFI ones?

Yesterday I put in old Zen 3 spoke steering wheel. It's almost a straight replacement except for the indicator cutoff pins. The 800 has them but the Zen's does not. Went to a metal fabricator and got two 3mm holes drilled on the Zen steering wheel to accommodate the 800's pins. Put the pins in and fixed the steering wheel. Quite happy with the thicker wheel and better grip
      Last edited by autohead; 17th Mar 2011 at 11:15.

Awesome

Hello All,

I've got a 5-speed M800 with brake boosters. Which is the best brake pads I can go for in order to improve the braking? IIRC, the current ones in my car are from KBX.

Thanks,
      Jose.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus43 View Post
      Zen Carb costs around 6,000 Bucks. Haggle a bit, you might get it in under 5K.
      I got a quote for 10K for the same piece shown, from a local dealer and maruti autorised dealers doesnt sell these anymore.

As for carb, esteeem ones (2nd) goes for around 3K at junkyards. Test and buy. Add to that a higher carb bottom packing and esteem airbox. Link the primary and secondary butterflys, so they open up together.

BTW, I do have some zen carbs lying around from my past experimentations.

Do you really want it?

Awesome

How do I reduce the blower noise

Hi guys,

I have been trying find ways to reduce the blower sound in the car. It's a little loud at level 1 and quite unbearable in the 2nd and 3rd levels. I got the blower cleaned thoroughly but it did not help much. I was thinking it was because of the air through the air ducts and wanted to coat the insides of the air duct pipes. But when I removed the blower motor and ran it outside, I found that the noise is because of the squirrel cage rotating and not the air through the duct or the motor.

Can you give me some ideas what I can do to lessen the noise? I am thinking of coating the interiors of the blower enclosure with some foam now. Will it help?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by autohead View Post
      I found that the noise is because of the squirrel cage rotating and not the air through the duct or the motor.
      Didnt get you there

I am thinking of coating the interiors of the blower enclosure with some foam now. Will it help?
      You can get some muffling but no much. Its the plastic thats causing the sound. Either you can cover the tubes with surgical tape which is some what sound proof or get some rubber tubes of the diameter and cut it to place. For the motor enclosure there is nothing much you can do.

Do you really want it?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AGN View Post
      I found that the noise is because of the squirrel cage rotating and not the air through the duct or the motor.
      Didnt get you there
      I meant that even if I ran the blower motor outside, I get the same noise that I get when the blower is in use normally. So I think it's the squirrel cage fan that's actually making the noise rather than the air passing through the duct. Also if it's only the air through the duct, I would be getting the shoooosh sound right? I am getting the sort of sound that the normal household coolers makes.

Awesome

You are tallking of m800 rite? As I said nothing much to do unless make a custom fan+enclosure and retrofit.

Do you really want it?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AGN View Post
      You are tallking of m800 rite? As I said nothing much to do unless make a custom fan+enclosure and retrofit.
      Oh. that's bad. How is the blower sound of the Zen?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information