• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which SUV ?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Which SUV ?

Hello Gearheads,

The hunt for a new SUV has started with a Confusion. First confusion was simple.

Safari (vx 4x4) color black - to buy or not to buy. Sorted out by taking reviews from owners. (Rejected). Heart still says i should go for it.

now i have decided to increase my budget upto 20 lacs (Max i can stretch including on Road price).

i am looking for a good off roader which should never say no for any place i decide to go for. Specially nagpur to Leh Trip. (august-october)

Should be eay to handle in city traffic ( Pune and Nagpur) can compromise this clause as i wil be drivng SX4 or Swift in city.

Petrol or Disel: anything is good for me as now a days it hardly matters, but pertol i dont mind as my family people have problem with that disel feeling. Stil if the SUV gives comfertable feel i can go for disel.

Looks: looks are hell important for me. I dont like Aria and many of you wont consider it SUV too. i dont like Scorpio too. (looks) i am a die hard fan of Safari, Vitara and pajero looks. Pajero will be out of my reach as in Nagour it is costing me around 23.30 lacs.

So here i am, Asking you all experts to give your valuable comments and suggestion. one thing i want to make it clear that i am dependent on your feedbacks and suggestions. So please help me out.

Maximum time i will take to decide this issue will be till July end. As i want to get used to the vehicle before i start of my journey to Leh.

Now aware!

Awesome

Honestly, you do not have much choice at that range for a new vehicle. And with your time limitation, can not recommend the Force Motors SUV that is due.

If you are open for pre-owned vehicles, I reckon you will be able to get a Pajero with low mileage on the odo under 20 laks. But, with the Pajero being famously for being a hit with the goons and infamous for its absolutely lack for security, I doubt if you want to do that.

With petrol not being an issue, whats stopping you from a Vitara (the best option for you)?

Awesome

Safari BS4 definetly not bad. But its an outdated design, and there are lots of good players in the market, so lookout for more inputs

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
      for its absolutely lack for security,
      Why so?
      Last edited by agn; 17th Mar 2011 at 15:57.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
      Honestly, you do not have much choice at that range for a new vehicle. And with your time limitation, can not recommend the Force Motors SUV that is due.

If you are open for pre-owned vehicles, I reckon you will be able to get a Pajero with low mileage on the odo under 20 laks. But, with the Pajero being famously for being a hit with the goons and infamous for its absolutely lack for security, I doubt if you want to do that.

With petrol not being an issue, whats stopping you from a Vitara (the best option for you)?
      Yes i am considering Vitara. But problem is i have never driven a Vitara and there is no test drive vehicle in Nagpur with the Dealers. I hope to get one in Pune as i wil be going to pune in june.

Awesome

i have also enquired from my sources about Tata Safari merlin launch date and Force motors SUV. Force SUV will be launched by may end. and Safari Merline may take some more time (minimum 3 months from now). but i dont want to take risk with Merlin as i dont trust TML for its new launches so cant be among the first lot of customers.

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AGN View Post
      Safari BS4 definetly not bad. But its an outdated design
      safari Apparently comes in 4x4 only on the VX version now. Yeah yeah,, i was shocked to hear this too. kairalee will be able to put more light onto this.

Quote Originally Posted by AGN View Post
      Why so?
      this apparently is a vehicle which can be stolen under 2 minutes. no jokes. there is a thread on this as well. Too lazy to search for it.

Awesome

Any Grand Vitara Owner Here?

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Musafir View Post
      Any Grand Vitara Owner Here?
      dont think so. personally i feel the vehicle is too small to be priced in that 20L bracket.

why dont you check out the captiva. i guess the top end has a 4x4

Awesome

Captiva is too expensive for me. it will cross 24 lacs on road here in Nagpur. I cant stretch more than 20 Lacs. GV will cost around 19.50 lacs here. (mannual Transmission)

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Musafir View Post
      GV will cost around 19.50 lacs here. (mannual Transmission)
      are you sure that you need a 4x4 ? because India as a market has a huge gap from the Dicor / Scorpio (14L) there is nothing after this to fill the gap till 20L

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information