Giving excuses!

Awesome

Lightbulb HM Launches 2011 Ambassador BSIV

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011_HM_Ambassador-1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	35672

The car equated with power and authority and with a tag line “Ride with Pride” the HM Ambassador has enjoyed more glory days than any other car till now. HM have unveiled their 2011 version of the Ambassador, which comes with the BSIV compliant petrol engine to meet the current standards of emissions.
      With no major change on the exterior we have the diamond cut tail lamp the round headlights to maintain the classic and edgy look that distinguishes the Ambassador. Other minor changes on the exterior are the side indicators with escutcheon, body coloured bumpers, full wheel hub cover and soft touch door handles.

Name:  2011_HM_Ambassador-5.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  82.0 KB

On the inside we can figure out major changes with power windows, mobile charger, spacious interiors, digital trip meter, music system, power steering, malfunction indicator and a 5 speed gearbox. Colour options available are Jet Black, Lunar Silver, Fire Brick Red, Oyster Blue, Ecru Beige & Crystal White. The on road price for the top end version is around 7.03 lakhs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011_HM_Ambassador-3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	35673

Well after the Government and Police top officials disowned the Ambassador for the SX4, the sale point looks narrow maybe a diesel version of the BSIV would generate interest amongst the people to buy it. What is your say on this new model?

Name:  2011_HM_Ambassador-4.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  37.9 KB
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      What is your say on this new model?
      Ok, let me be frank to state what I did...

The moment I saw Amby has 1.8 liter engine, I pulled out the spec of Civic that also has 1.8 liter engine. I know, you guys are going to say its a wrong comparison, but wait, I'm only trying to check the tech spec & only the tech spec - Honda Car India :: Civic

Anyway, I couldn't either obtain much info on both as both of them seem miles apart

Then I tried comparing with our other loyal brand TATA - Indigo e-CS | Features Specifications | BS IV Tech Specs and once again I found it not worth comparing

IMO, I'd say the CNG must provide a good VFM product for the cab. But then, these days most prefer an Indica than an Amby. So I only can wish a good luck for the come back from HM.

PS - Why do HM sticks to KW unit of measure while Civic & Tata stick to PS. I find this conversion to be cumbersome doing it every time
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

Super Moderator

Awesome

I have nothing but complete admiration for Hindustan Motors. Whatever the car buying public feels about the Ambassador, it doesn't stop HM from constantly making some change or the other. And always having a variant or 2 that meet current emission norms.

The first Ambassador with power steering had a plaque on the boot that read 'POWER STEERING'. Hope they don't introduce similar plaques for MOBILE CHARGER or MUSIC SYSTEM

I may never buy an Ambassador. As a manufacturer, full marks to Hindustan Motors for not disappearing into the sunset.
      Feb 1997 Bajaj KB125 RTZ 49K km
      Mar 2003 Tata Indica V2 LSi 130K km
      Jan 2007 Tata Safari 3.0 DiCOR EX 4x4 200K km

Awesome

If HM want amby to sell well, make customised interiors of with good quality materials rather than taking different parts of various brands or blatantly copying them with poor plastics. And the dash, its a joke, give the interiors some personality!! Give the body a proper antirust treatment before painting. As for exteriors, the old amby was good enough untill somebody decided to cover it up with more plastics and fibre parts. The only thing they're good is the engines, choices are well suited for the car. And finally stop selling them in sheet covered sheds and rough sales staff.

Quote Originally Posted by hrag View Post
      I have nothing but complete admiration for Hindustan Motors
      It was like that untill they introduced floor shifts and highway dash and proper things like that. But then they turned to "modernizing it"
      Last edited by agn; 18th Mar 2011 at 18:24.

$$ Highway King $$

Awesome

whatever critics/ comments rise hm is strong with their Amby, though sales have dipped they have taken measures to control..
      not to forget exports to UK. Still Amby holds value, i have a close friend who own 3 ambassador for family use, they have latest gen cars but not at all satisfied.. me too a die hard fan of this car as i learned driving in my g.fthrs 67 model mark ii Amby and during college i reasonably restored with G1 Isuzu engine, koyas seat, super king ac, gypsy rims, DuPont paint & hella lights. Covered 200000 kms in 3-4 yrs & the vehicle was still reliable with no major problems, only issue i faced was rusting for which i had to dispose & moved to contessa.
      Contessa Classic 1.8 GLX Optra Magnum TDCI Royal Enfield TBTS

Awesome

amby may bring nostalgic feeling for many but considering current competitive market paying 7 lakh for amby doesn't make sense. I heard they are bringing compact amby to full use their production units. i pray HM to do something and doesn't disappear like pal.

^_^

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
      the CNG must provide a good VFM product for the cab
      So you decided that Indica and Amby are only for the cabs huh?
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
      So you decided that Indica and Amby are only for the cabs huh?
      Then I am a cab driver
      2006 May, Safari Dicor 3.0 (88,500 Kms)
      1985 Mar, Suzuki SS80 DX (47,500 Kms)

2001, MM550 XD
      1950, Land Rover Series 1

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by hrag View Post
      As a manufacturer, full marks to Hindustan Motors for not disappearing into the sunset
      When I read ^^^, that one got me into another line of thought...

What about the dealers? The sales aren't that great, the models aren't being introduced & most importantly there isn't a great fan club that is growing continuously. So how do the dealers survive? I always kept an eye on the HM showroom at Kathipara junction until the grade separator was opened up. I highly doubt if they're still there for the dealer location on HM site says...
      East West Automobiles at Vadapalani
      Sancheti Motors (p) Ltd at Greams Road
      Win Motors at Medavakkam

Just 3 dealers in the metro & most importantly when the manufacturing plant is only about 30-40 Kms in radius

Yes, its a good thing that HM didn't close down their shop that they're one of the key decision makers in the country & hence can survive, but what about the dealers who invested so much? Hope they too have alternate line of business.
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
      What about the dealers? The sales aren't that great, the models aren't being introduced & most importantly there isn't a great fan club that is growing continuously. So how do the dealers survive? I always kept an eye on the HM showroom at Kathipara junction until the grade separator was opened up. I highly doubt if they're still there for the dealer location on HM site says...
      East West Automobiles at Vadapalani
      Sancheti Motors (p) Ltd at Greams Road
      Win Motors at Medavakkam

Just 3 dealers in the metro & most importantly when the manufacturing plant is only about 30-40 Kms in radius

Yes, its a good thing that HM didn't close down their shop that they're one of the key decision makers in the country & hence can survive, but what about the dealers who invested so much? Hope they too have alternate line of business.
      Aargee you forgot the fact they have one pick up truck too ( ACE kind) i heard dealers selling that in good number and i also see lots of those on roads. All dealers earn by servicing and not by selling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information