• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White Machine

DIY

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Venom_Rider View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885

Could you shed more light on this? Never sat in a Logan, I am a bit confused, what is the method to indicate right/left?
      I guess he meant that it has only one arrow pointing both the directions (like in many bikes), like this: <=>
      Venom_rider has said that right. Only one light glows in dash board when I switch on both right and left indicator

Quote Originally Posted by Venom_Rider View Post
      themonk
      I felt the clutch & power steering @ crawling speeds is extremely hard. How do you rate yours against any other car you have driven?
      I have driven Zen, When compared to Zen clutch is little hard. But as of now I have not felt this issue, may be because its a new car. May be if it ages it will become more hard.
      Same as above power steering also little hard when compared to Zen.

DIY

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      What RPM range do you usually shift at and what RPM do you usually drive at? I am guessing the boost in the Logan is setup to be very linear and that is why there could be less turbo lag.
      I generally don't see the rpm when I shift, but I do see speed at times when I shift
      1st for initial movement to some 10 kmph
      2nd till 20 to 25 kmph
      3rd till 38 to 40 kmph
      4th till 55 to 60 kmph
      5th gear after 60kmph

But I guess I shift at 1500 to 1800 Rpm. May be I am not operating the vehicle in its power band.

I am a sedate new driver in India. When I drive rpm is generally at 1500 to 1800 in any gear. I don't push the car hard. New car you see, so extra care

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      Do update us with your ownership experience and service experience, any upgrades in the pipeline??
      Sure CamChennai. Planning for upgrading wheels from steel to Alloys. But still not fully decided on it.

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
      When I drive rpm is generally at 1500 to 1800 in any gear. I don't push the car hard. New car you see, so extra care
      Kindly start driving in the 2000-2500 rpm a lot more. Driving around 1500-1800 is bad for the turbo seals, not to mention lugging the engine isn't doing any good to the engine either.

I hope you have gone through this thread?
      Driving a Diesel- Things to remember

DIY

Awesome

Thanks for the replies and encouragement to all friends here. I will keep updating this thread with my experience and more photos

O_o

Awesome

very well written. this is the first time I am seeing Logan as a decent car. looks good in white.

DIY

Awesome

Few more observations,

1) Sharp turns in Logan feels comfortable till 40 Km/h..beyond which I feel uncomfortable.
      2) 2nd gear is not very tall, i.e anything below 10 km/h I should shift to first gear. Bumper to bumper traffic forces me to shift to first

This car has one more interesting feature, perhaps both as a safety feature and also as an indirect way to prevent key being left out in ignition slot.
      The feature is, Even though we press center locking button, it will NOT lock the door which is open. And also I can open both the front doors from inside even when center locking is on.
      It means If I lock the car using center locking with key in ignition, when I get out, I will open my front door and to lock it again I will need the key.
      Also during some mishap if I want to get out of the car and car center locking system fails to open, I will still be able to open the front doors from inside.

But one more bad thing is if I use the key to lock the front door, it will lock only the front door and not all doors. This means center locking mechanism is not tied to manual key lock !

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

The feature is, Even though we press center locking button, it will NOT lock the door which is open.
      Not getting this point!!

And also I can open both the front doors from inside even when center locking is on.
      This is the way my Camry and Corolla also works, even after locking all doors i can still open the front door from inside with touching the central locking

But one more bad thing is if I use the key to lock the front door, it will lock only the front door and not all doors. This means center locking mechanism is not tied to manual key lock !
      Strange!!
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

DIY

Awesome

The feature is, Even though we press center locking button, it will NOT lock the door which is open.
      Not getting this point!!

And also I can open both the front doors from inside even when center locking is on.
      This is the way my Camry and Corolla also works, even after locking all doors i can still open the front door from inside with touching the central locking
      My 1999 Camry in US didnot work this way. It works little different by use of electronics. When the key is in ignition and when center locking is pressed, it will lock and again sense that key is in ignition and will unlock
      And if we lock using center locking it means only by use of center unlocking it will open..

I guess all car companies would have shifted to this idea now for safety sake.

Not getting this point!!
      I meant that the door lock lever in a open door will not be pulled down by the center locking mechanism

<invisible>

Awesome

My White Logan.
      themonk , great machine it is, man. Congrats.
      I had read your post earlier but today I searched for this to reply

Just couldn't stop myself from posting this - I just got dropped off on a Meru - Logan to Airport. I initially thought the odo reading is something 19000kms. That's what I read on console. But to my surprise, it was not that. It was 1.9Lac kms ! and it was running as good as 19K kms ! The driver said there has been no major repair needed on the car except the clutch system change at 1.5Lac kms. Just regular service at every 10K kms was all he had to do other than tyre/wiper/brakepad etc. which are normal wear and tear. Car was hitting 90kmph mark with ease, after which Meru's speed limit alarm kicks in. I forgot to ask about suspension part, but likely there was none major. He also said, some of the cabs even doing duty at 3Lac kms with no engine work needed anytime.

<invisible>

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
      themonk , great machine it is, man. Congrats.
      And just to add to my previous post, here is another back-to-back experience to share with you...
      Never bother about people relating your car with taxi image etc. FYI, I just got dropped off from Mumbai Airport to my mumbai office on a black-yellow taxi, a Santro. That is what I own and drive

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information