• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you own a Ride?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Do you own a Ride?

Do you ride to work? Or do you ride only to near by places? Or do you ride only on weekends? Or do you like doing long tour? Whatever the case, pls list down the rides you own/ride or atleast sleeping in your garage. Here I go...

Ride - Honda Activa 2005
      Kms clocked - 17800

Ride - Yamaha Rx 2010
      Kms clocked - 11565
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

Awesome

I own a bajaj pulsar 150 dts-i 2005 model which has done 45k kms. this is my primary mode of transport and my daily commute to office and other run-abouts in the city and this was also used as my college bike . its has been giving a consistent mileage of 50kmpl +/- 2-3 kms from the past five years. the experience so far has been quite ok the clutch and the gearbox is the weakest spot on the bike. have used the bike on a number of occasions for long rides . basically i like touring and looking for a possible upgrade as my bike is already five years old.

also own maruti suzuki swift .
      Last edited by harsha742; 20th Mar 2011 at 07:46.

Rat in a race to don't know
      where...

Awesome

My old ride, ridden only when I visit my parents...

2005 Honda Dio

2007 Bajaj Pulsar 220 Dts-Fi

All my rides are used to commute, shopping ,traveling on weekends!
      2007 | Bajaj Pulsar 220 Dts-Fi | 120000 Kms
      2005 | Fiat Palio 1.2 NV Sport | 29000 Kms

Awesome

I have a Royal enfield 350 and a karizma zmr

Enfield i ride in the evenings once in a while when the weather is good.

Karizma, i hate to ride that, its a joke.

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Though I'd come out of the ICE section now ... my first passion always were bikes ... " 4 wheels move the body .. 2 wheels move the soul " was what i believed .. never was a group rider .. more of a lone ranger .. exploring the outskirts of the city and the villages that fall there ..had many a great times going and coming back from school .. tuition classes etc .. a 'gehdi' or a joy ride in front of the girl's college and late evening snacks on the seat were the best things in life ..

my karizma was my birthday present and lasted a whole 4 years before a major accident left it in well .. parts ... got it fixed as much as possible but dad never allowed me to ride it .. some pandit said the black color and the registration number were against my stars .. still in the garage catching dust .. never had the heart to sell it .. want my first ride to be with me forever ..

next was the avenger that was a replacement for the karizma when i started college but again never allowed to take it to college due to the long highway drive .. the one reason it got it for was the reason i was not allowed to ride it .. how do i confess that i had taken that road umpteenth times before .. was left for city duties and my exploration on the weekends ...

somehow my girlfriend and my friends and even my family never really liked it .. rather did not like me on it .. never suited me they said .. to be honest even i was missing a crotch rocket sitting position and the joy of wearing a full face helmet rather than a half face leather covered helmet .. was lucky and really lucky to find a good buyer who understood the value of it and was ready to take it off my hands .. had applied for a VIP number but never got it since it was sold before that could be allotted ...

next in line and my current ride is the yamaha r15 .. i do not get to ride it often as i did with the karizma since my college schedule and other duties require a 4 wheel transport to lug the stuff around .. but hey i did close the rear seat of the bike with the accessory needed to make it a true blue biker's bike .. me and my bike .. no girly hands on your shoulder .. no friend talking in your ear to make you look at a girl on an activa or a passing BMW ...

i am a biker .. always was ... always will be ... for me safety is as important as a fast going bike .. i do feel guilty about not taking my bike out as much as i want to .. but i hope things will change and my bike will get to stretch it's legs more often .. heck going for a ride to check out some leather seats for the ritz on the r15 only ..

had my share of accidents .. plenty of bruises to act as witnesses .. but i cherish the moments on my bikes .. good or bad .. 2 wheels is something my heart rides on .. did not want to write a long detailed post so just a short script of a ICE-maniac's first love ... and please always wear a helmet .. it has saved me a lot of times and i cannot stress it enough ... heck a good iridium glass helmet attracted more girls than well . my face did ..

all pics except the third one outside my best friend's house ..

Name:  zma.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  avg.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  r151.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  108.2 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r152.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	781.8 KB 
ID:	35840

my mom has a hero honda pleasure and an activa before that to go to the hospital but ever since her promotion as the city's medical health officer and being allotted a gypsy ( she will never agree to me and dad having one though ) .. i use it to go the inner city areas when ever i need to carry back some stuff ..

ride safe fellas
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

I currently ride a 2004 Pulsar 150CC DTS-i. Bought it used in 2007 run less than 14k and been a very reliable companion ever since. Ridden a couple of long rides and has never let me down in nearly 4 years .

I believe this would be one of the first DTS-i models in BLR as it was delivered in June 2004, somebody should confirm this . Spoked wheels and Gear shift is 5 down and not the 1 down - 4 up followed normally.

Apart from being just a bit slower, and a reluctance to pass after 80kph, no issues so far.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
      Karizma, i hate to ride that, its a joke
      I couldn't on the post since I clicked Thanks. Man!!! Why would that be a joke? Care to explain?
      Still in

PS - Its such a nice ride Frankie; why call it a joke?

Karan Bhatia - Amazing write up, simply amazing If you're still obsessed with riding & unable to convince, pls do INVEST in buying some good riding gears & you'll all be fine even in the case of any misfortunes. Pls keep checking this thread GEARS used for RIDES often & we'll have loads of information about riding gears.
      Last edited by Aargee; 20th Mar 2011 at 09:35.
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

Hunting for a big bike :)

Awesome

i dont own a ride of my own.I got a 2005 model Unicorn which my father got for me.
      I got a drive of my own
      I am looking fwd to buy the cbr 250r..

Quote Originally Posted by Karan Bhatia View Post
      Though I'd come out of the ICE section now ... my first passion always were bikes ... " 4 wheels move the body .. 2 wheels move the soul " was what i believed .. never was a group rider .. more of a lone ranger .. exploring the outskirts of the city and the villages that fall there ..had many a great times going and coming back from school .. tuition classes etc .. a 'gehdi' or a joy ride in front of the girl's college and late evening snacks on the seat were the best things in life ........

......................... ride safe fellas
      I have always read almost every post of urs in ICE section.
      I didn't know that you were such a hardcore bike lover..You got a true passion in auto & bike,i believe..

I'd love to see your post which says 'I've resumed biking'

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
      I have a Royal enfield 350 and a karizma zmr

Enfield i ride in the evenings once in a while when the weather is good.

Karizma, i hate to ride that, its a joke.
      You got a ZMR?? You from B'lore??

Awesome

my 2004 dio, run 29k kms. engine reaching the end of its life.

Name:  2004 dio.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  70.3 KB

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sriharsha View Post
      run 29k kms. engine reaching the end of its life.
      what? end of its life before 30k kms?
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information