• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Linea Love

status quo

Awesome

My Linea Love

Here is my ownership report of Linea Love. Long story short on why I chose Linea.

Starting 2009 I wanted to own a car which is sturdy, feels safe inside at high speeds, people sitting inside should feel comfortable, should handle bad roads at ease, should have lot of bells and whistles, maintenance light on pocket, rather one that needs rare servicing(more reliable) and mainly fuel efficient + within my budget of 10L.Following are the cars that were in my mind, more from budget point.

Maruti SX4
      Hyundai Verna
      ANHC
      Ford Fiesta
      Chevy Aveo
      Fiat Linea (was just launching)

Jan 2009, I started with the TD spree, first one was Verna. Trident Hyundai @ 100ft Rd Indiranagar Bangalore was chosen, since it was near my house. The sales guy was good, explained things in comparison with SX4 and Fiesta. TD was good, nice pickup and ok handling, but the top-end model did not have Safety features, mainly Air Bags. So this was kept on hold

Next TD was on SX4, booked a TD for the upcoming weekend(on Saturday), took enough time to go through reviews of each vehicle after my TD. BIMAL showroom, again @ 100ft Road Indiranagar (now this showroom is moved to Airport Road). Took the top end model for TD, again the Sales guy was good to explain things, though made us wait for 30 mins or so, before someone could attend to us, weekend crowd

TD was good, Nice pickup, sturdy, ride quality was good, the TD vehicle was a new one, so couldn't find my rattling, but rear view was not to my expectation, way too high and felt it has high risk of me hitting un-seen objects. The Sales guy promised a mileage of 11-12km/l in city and 14-15km/l in highways, not sure if that was true, since the forums said something way different. He offered a 30k discount if I booked over the weekend, so told him that we will come back. This was again on hold.

The same weekend Prerana motors - Sarjapur Road called me and said I can do TD of Linea on Sunday. Went to the showroom, the reception was bad, no one to even ask what I wanted as I entered the showroom. Had to check the Showroom Linea myself, only Dynamic version was available inside the Showroom, so could only check the Sitting space, looks and boot space. Then got frustrated and went and asked one of the Sales folks who was attending the Indigo customer about Linea, he said Linea Sales guy will come. After a while the Linea Sales guy came and got the signature and License for the TD. They had the Dynamic again for TD, no top end, so could only get a feel of Linea's stability and handling. Took the car to a near by pot-hole prone road to check the stability, Linea passed the test with ease. Post the TD, was totally confused and disappointed since the car pickup was way lesser than Verna, AC was ok, not a chiller, could not TD a top-end model with ABS and EBD, since the braking of Dynamic was not upto the mark.

Next weekend was ANHC TD, went to Dakshin Honda near St.Marks road (located parallel to St Marks road). When we went to the showroom, the Sales guy immediately started explaining about ANHC, giving details about mileage, pickup and Honda quality. He also offered a 50k discount, if I wanted to buy the OHC. The ANHC TD vehicle was not available, since some other customer has taken it for TD. The Civic on the other side was getting my attention a bit more, so started enquiring about the Civic, even though it was beyond my budget, but had a double mind, that if I like the TD will consider it. The Sales guy said the Civic is ready for TD and I can do that until ANHC is available. Took the Civic for the ride, very good handling, it was soft and Sturdy, but not as good as the Linea, that too the road which we took Civic for a ride was good, even then we could feel the road inside. So we were not satisfied for the money it demands, This increased my confidence in Linea/Verna. ANHC was ready for TD by the time we came back to the show-room. Took the ANHC, pickup was excellent, but made me freak-out on the stability part, I did not have control of the vehicle unlike Civic, though I shouldn't compare them, did not expect ANHC to be so light weight and scary for driving. Yes, it is a fast machine, but my family will be unhappy for such a ride. My friend has a 2008 Fiesta, which is again fast, but the driver still has control of the vehicle. This fact again increased my confidence in Linea/Verna.

Since I have already driven my friends Fiesta, didn't do a TD, as I know it is a very good vehicle, but didn't want to buy it, mainly because the petrol version is a guzzler, it gave my friend around 8 km/l in city.

So it was Linea/Verna. Trident again called me for a TD of Verna Diesel, though I was not for Diesel, since my driving is not higher. But went for the TD, just to check how it feels in a Diesel. TD was again good, the car didn't feel like Diesel, except for the additional noise. The Sales guy said, if I take the White Verna in the showroom, I will get a 60k discount, since that vehicle was booked by someone and withdrew at the last minute. Though the price was tempting, the lack of safety features made Verna my second choice.

The week next I got a call from Concorde Motors Diary circle for a TD and they confirmed that they have the top end model for TD. We went to the concorde motors, the sales person immediately gave us Coffee and arranged for a TD, now no license or signature, may be due to the crowd for Linea TD. We got into the Silver Linea, it just came from another TD, so we hopped in as soon as the other customer hopped out. The drive was really smooth in the Diary circle traffic, took it till Sarjapur for a little long drive, the feel was amazing, we almost fell in love with it, the AC was good, not jerks during gear changes, pickup was linear, though not fast. The stability was better than Civic. We went back to Concorde motors and booked it. Didn't decide on the color, so just gave the booking advance and asked them to deliver by Ugadi, my missus was very particular about this, it was exactly 27 days from the day we booked, but the Sales person said it will atleast take 30 days, since the car is assembled only after booking is done.

Oh, short story became long...

Even after booking my TD still continued...
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Now EMI bug has come to ownership thread also

Congratulations bbllaazzee on your Linea, now waiting for the complete report....
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

^_^
      not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Excellent Report bbllaazzee

But you know what??? >>>>>

So Pixx please :mgreen:
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

status quo

Awesome

First trip with my Love to Chikkamagalur
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gearhead2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	445.2 KB 
ID:	40658

It gave me an FE of 18 km/l both ways including the ghats. Loved every bit of driving, had to control the speed and reset the limit beep from 130 to 95.
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

bbllaazzee - Please complete the story....
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

status quo

Awesome

Ok, the previous post was to just give a shot of my love. Now continuing the review.

The sales person immediately booked the Linea and sent couple of mails (not sure to whom, but told it is to FIAT). He said the color needs to be decided within a couple of days, so that they can paint it sooner at the factory after assembly. Back at home there was lot of discussions about the various colors available at that time, but I liked the Azure Blue and next came the Red. But the golden color was also considered, since we thought that many will buy Red and our car needs to be little unique, so Golden color was justified. Since blue was not available, I was decided on the Red and tried convincing others about this color, even though many will buy the same color and could succeed in it So it was red finally, called and informed the Sales folk.

Exactly on March 25th morning I got a call from Concorde stating my car has arrived and they are cleaning it and I have to pay the balance, so that they can send it for registration. Evening I went to Concorde with the cheque for the remaining money, met the sales folks and gave the cheque with so much smile in my face But it did not last for long, initially the sales guy took the cheque and starting preparing the invoice, then the sales manager came and enquired if everything was ok with both of us, the sales guy mentioned about the car delivery and the cheque for remaining amount, immediately the manager said the delivery can be made only after the cheque gets realized, which will be post Ugadi I was like , got little wild and told them that they should have informed me atleast a week before or few days before so I could have come and made the payment, or even told me during booking time, so I would have either got a DD or given a cheque week before.

Then they said, if I can arrange the DD by tomorrow(March 26th) morning, they will get me the vehicle registered and delivered by March 27 (Ugadi), I was like, do you think I am jobless , then the manager said, he will send a person to the bank branch which I say and will collect the DD. I was kind of relieved and agreed for it

Next day the sales guy called me @ 10 and said that he will be in the branch within 15 mins, I was already in the bank talking to the manager about the DD, manager was like "it is year end and we cannot give so much money from your account" I was like . Since I knew the manager and after telling him that this is my first car etc etc, he said he will arrange for it and got the DD done in another 30 mins, now on the other side the sales guy who came to pick up the cheque called me 10 times, asking for directions . By the time the sales guy came to the bank, the DD was almost done and I could hand over the DD to him, immediately he called Concorde and informed that he received the DD and asked the vehicle to be taken for registration, since it was already 11 am and RTO might need the vehicle as early as possible for inspection and registration. After all this drama, I got a call from Concorde at 4pm asking me to come and collect the documents and sign some docs, so that I can take the vehicle for delivery.

Went to Concorde, did all formalities and the sales person informed me that the car can be taken delivery, but the number will come little later, I was ok with in and was in all smile to home
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

Next day got up early, went to the temple and informed them that I will come with the car for pooja by 11 am, so not to close the temple. They informed me that if I can come by 10:30, then they can perform the pooja. I was ok with it, just broke a coconut and started to take the delivery, called my friend for a drop, so I can get my vehicle. Just before I could enter the Concorde Dairy circle, I called the sales person to keep the vehicle ready, since had the lemons and some flowers handy and the time was approaching 10:30 am (good time), so wanted to start the car before that. As soon as I entered Concorde, I saw sparking Linea coming out from the garage, but didn't think it was mine, since it has a number plate and as informed my number plates are supposed to arrive later.

I met the sales person and they immediately took me to the car and let me do the stuff I needed, my friends took photos and shot a small video as well, all was over by 10:30 am. Then the Service guy started to explain stuff, I told him that I will come and talk to him later and took the car, since the temple might close. Later realised that I could not make it anyway, so stopped at a sweet shop and got sweets, gave it to my missus and we both couldn't believe that we own a new big car now .
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

The sales guy just gave a small Ganesha idol, spare headlamps, manuals and face tissue box. I paid for teflon coating, car cover and the mats. The car cover was not available on the day of delivery, so had to go again on Monday to get it, had to get the car washed again, since it became dusty by then.

Drove the car to Chikamagalur, Mysore, Bandipur, Devarayanadurga on every weekend, so that I can cover the required KM for first service soon. Later I realized that they just do a normal check and do not change the engine oil
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

First Service:
      During these drives I realized that there was a small crack in the steering column. Back side of the central column(the horn column), not the holding area. I informed this to the service advisor during service and he said that he cannot do anything and I should have noticed this during delivery. I got into a heated argument , then he asked me to check with the sales manager. I went and spoke to the sales manager and got the same reply. Totally dissatisfied, I got my linea back post the service and wrote to FIAT about the incident, since none of the customers will start checking every part of the vehicle before delivery, unless someone does a PDI, assuming the vehicle is available for PDI, mine as not, since I just got a day before.

I sent it to Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com; ceodesk@fiapl.com and also the FIAT CEO (Rajeev) mail ID, I will post it once I dig my archive.

Next day got a response from the CEO himself, stating he as asked his manager to contact me and will ensure proper response. I was happy about the quick response and as promised got a call from FIAT and subsequently from Concorde customer service manager. The Concorde CS Manager, immediately asked me to get the vehicle for inspection, I took the vehicle the same day and showed him the problem. He apologized about the SA's attitude and told that if the SA is unable to take a decision they should ask me, that is the process here, so will make sure that it does not repeat. The CS manager also ensured that even if FIAT delays/rejects the replacement, he will do it as part of Concorde service, I was so happy and he took some photos of the defect and ensured that it will be replaced as soon as the new steering column arrives. Couple of days later, got a call from Pune and one engineer said he needs to look at the car and the defect, more a feedback to ensure where they missed such a defect, so that it doesn't repeat in other vehicles. Few days later got a call from Concorde, asking for my vehicle for an inspection by the FIAT engineer, so took the vehicle and the FIAT guy first apologized for the problem, without even looking at the vehicle, which was actually good customer interaction. He then looked at the defect, took note of the vehicle ID numbers (chassis) and told that they are shipping the part from the factory and it would be replaced under warranty. The same weekend Concorde took my vehicle and a senior SA was assigned and the CS manager asked him to take care of the vehicle. He then promised to return the vehicle the next day. Next day I got a call for delivery and I went to inspect, they replaced the entire steering portion (not the mechanics underneath), it looked brand new and the charge for replacement was zero, since it was under warranty. The actual charge for the steering wheel with airbag was some 9.8k, since mine was E+. Atlast a very happy customer for FIAT
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Just a quick note! You didn't tell us that this was a diesel
      Good luck and many happy miles on the Linea.

Fiat India buggers only respond to Punto/Linea customers. Too bad. For a car they are still manufacturing (i.e. Palio) they are being invisible. Hmmm...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information