2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

Around Jun 2009, just after the first service I did the underbody protection coating (3M) @ Concorde Dairy Circle, this has a 5 yr warranty and 10 free services for any scrapes etc. During service and every 6 months I ensure that the bump(unscientific Bangalore bumps) scrapes are fixed. 3M guys spray a black coating to the under-body, not sure how strong that is, since it gives up with the scrapes. I went for it since in Bangalore it rains in odd times and you never know when it will be.

I didn't see any change in the sound insulation as such. Does current cars come with underbody insulation coating? I heard current generation cars comes with default underbody coating (including Linea). So not sure if that is the reason I do not see any change in the sound insulation. Linea in-general has been quite inside so far compared to the cars I have driven - touchwood.
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

Second Service @ 12500km on March 2010

Usual service, just had some niggling issues with Wiper not wiping properly - had some dragging effect during continuous use.

Changed engine oil, filters(oil, air, a/c), wiper relay (under warranty), wheel alignment and balancing, top-up of wiper fluid, Coolant, steering and brake oil. Total cost came to ~4.5k, had a good experience, only pain is to take the car from Indiranagar to Dairy circle in the traffic.

Drive back to home was as smooth as it was on day one...Love story continues .
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

Picture after the Second service, A2B near Krishnagiri.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linea2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	329.2 KB 
ID:	41542
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

AC update - replacement under warranty

Around 2week of feb went for AC replacement, since I drive it more in Chennai, needed a better AC. Heard about the AC replacement and went immediately to Concorde dairy circle.

It took them a day to finish the job, so had to drop and go back to work. Picked up in the night(same day) and couldn't give any feedback to the SA, amount charged was zero .

Next day I just checked to see what got replaced and found that the Air filter hose was not connected and the coolant tank was empty.
      The Fuse panel (below the steering wheel) was loose and could see something broken.

Name:	IMG00280.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	41573

Called the SA and he immediately asked me to get the vehicle for fixing the issues, again had to go to Concorde to get the things fixed and coolant top-up.

SA claimed that the fuse panel will be loose and the broken part is not actually broken but it is to give access to open the panel.

I am not sure if FIAT will give such a raw look for the open access. It looks as if the plastic has broken. Does all Linea have such a panel?
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

Another Picture where the gap is visible after closing. This is the first time I am noticing this gap.

Name:	Linea_panel.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	282.1 KB 
ID:	41574

Concorde Motors claims that it is same in new vehicles as well and that is a facility to open the panel to check fuses.
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

Good and Bad of 3rd Service (2 weeks back)

Dairy circle center could provide a weekend appointment for my car's 3rd free service, since they are crowded.So had to get an appointment from Mysore Road concorde, which means I already lost time and had to cross my warranty end date (Manufacturer)

Looks like that had been my greatest mistake of crossing the warranty period.

Mysore Rd Concorde gave me a call for pickup and the pickup was prompt, the previous day I prepared a list of things to be checked and fixed. Following is the list

1. Wiper vibration during continuous usable - it starts dragging (jerky) after a while
      2. Clutch very tight during reverse gear, had to always release and then engage the clutch to apply reverse gear
      3. Door Lubrication - squeaky noise during open
      4. Fuse panel - broken - (this happened during the AC replacement in Dairy circle)

5. AC Vent - driver right side is cracked in the joint, need fix
      6. Upgrade the CSC to steel
      7. ECU update - latest (FIAT claims the AC gets better with this update - old update, but didn't mentioned it during any of the service, so had to explicitly mention)
      8. Little rattling in LH rear - behind the seat
      9. Coolant level decreases frequently - mainly after the AC replacement
      10. Use 4L engine oil can and not from loose barrel
      11. Wheel vibration @ 20-40 kmph
      12. Check brake pads
      13. Driver side sun-visor mirror falls when the visor is down
      14. Wheel rotation

Post the pickup, I went to the Mysore service station to make sure that they are doing what I mentioned and not just a regular oil change service. Took my Baleno and went to Concorde Mysore road, the security guy seeing my Baleno thought that I a new person coming to look at cars and did not allow me to park near the FIAT vehicles (the only parking place available), instead asked me to park the Baleno is a very narrow gap between a totaled Sumo and totaled Indica. I told the security that if I park here I will not be able to get out of the car, since the door will just open, he said its ok, you will be able to get out. I asked my wife to get down, so that she need not struggle with the baby. I parked and the door just opened, I asked the security now how will I get out, he said adjust sir and get out. I should only squeeze out Then I had to fight with him and took my mobile and called the manager, immediately the security said why are you calling manager sir, you park near the FIAT vehicles only.

Then I went to the service center reception, made my wife sit in the lounge with the baby, so the baby can sleep. From the lounge I could see my vehicle, so went inside the service center and had a look at my vehicle, the audio system was pulled out and the service log was in the dash. Went through the service log to see what all has been complete - oil(s)/coolant and filter changes were complete. I went to the receptionist and asked for the SA(Mr. Ranjeeth) at the reception, the receptionist pointed to a bunch of people chit-chatting and said there he is, with confusion, I went to the chat group and asked for the SA mentioning my vehicle number, then couple of people (second person was Mr.Somu) took me to the vehicle.

Mr. Ranjeeth took my list of items and said my vehicle warranty has just crossed and every replacement will be charged, I calmly explained the reason why it got delayed due to a weekend appointment from Dairy circle. SA repeated the same and I started to loose my patience. After an argument I asked if he can check with his manager, he denied and repeated the same warranty expiration. I then told him that there is extended warranty, but he mentioned that CSC is not covered in that. This is were I got wild and started arguing about the need to get an extended warranty. Same story was with the change of wiper as well. Then Mr.Somu interfered and requested the SA to check for extended warranty coverage. They both gave me a gyan about warranty expiration and why I should have come before warranty expiration for 3rd free service.

We then went for a test drive for the tik-tik sound, during this time, the SA was mentioning that unless the customer has a clutch complaint, they do not replace the CSC. Then I asked if the customer has to get stranded in the middle of the road to get his CSC replaced, the SA repeated yes, there should be problem for replacement. I said thank you for your customer service. Showed them the tik-tik sound and Mr.Somu fixed it, it came from the rear package where the sun screen is present.

Totally bugged up I returned back to my home, driving 50 odd km (via NICE highway).
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

status quo

Awesome

At last they agreed to change the CSC against extended warranty and told it will happen only by Monday and Monday evening I can get back my vehicle, but the wipers will be charged. I was least bothered, since I returned home. They just replaced the CSC (I assume, need to locate where it is - any pointers?).

Next day I received the vehicle, paid the amount in cash, since it was a drop to home.

Name:	Linea_receipt.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	41693

I was charged for 3.8 ltrs of Engine oil, iirc, the capacity is 3.3 ltrs.

ECU update was done for better AC, even though I have got the AC replaced. Now the power in general is increased, all gears are responsive.
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

This is shocking. I was not aware that extended warranty does not cover everything, that the standard 2 year warranty covers. I have few niggling issues, which I should get fixed before the warranty expires.

status quo

Awesome

Yes, it is better to get everything done before the first 2 yr warranty expires.

The Good part of 3rd service is the ECU update.
      Did any Linea folks have an improvement in power after the ECU update? Just want to confirm, since I see a noticeable difference. If so, what is the bhp after update?

Anyways, Linea is becoming better for me year after year. I recently went for the Fiat Camp held on 29th/30th April, got the general checkup done. During this visit @ Concorde Diary circle, I saw the Door Sils for Linea in the accessories area and immediately got it and fixed it, checked if they give a discount during the camp and got some 5%, so it came to INR 371 for a pair.

During fixing on doors (only front doors, since the rear doors have a curve)

Name:	IMG00384.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	42036

Name:	IMG00382.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	42042

The front entrance on either side.