• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Linea Love

status quo

Awesome

My Linea in the garage after the 3rd Free service.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00331.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	42051
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

Countess Crapula
      not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Blaaaazzze(sorry, if i missed any 'a's or'z's), your love for your Linea is clearly apparent in the way you write. Fiat fans, I tell you, all gooey eyed and swoony!!! Before you reach for your shotgun, I am one too

I always took my Palio to Manipal Motors and although they didnt do exemplary jobs, they werent bad either. Then Manipal suspended its service of Fiat cars for sometime and I had to go to Concord. The whole experience was a nightmare. They did jobs on my car without my approval so I refused to pay for anything but approved jobs when the SE called to let me know that my car is ready. Next thing you know, they drained my engine oil, put back the old brake pads( i had authorized the change and paid for it) and stole my souvenir keychain!!! Bunch of crooks they are. Try Green Tracks. Theyre slightly better. Or better still, go to Lingarajpuram(Kamanahalli) and immediately after the HP bunk, theres a small road to the ride. Take that and 50 mtrs ahead will be a Maruti service garage(Forgot the name ). The guy there did very good work on my Palio's electricals

Awesome

The name is Maruth/Muruth Motors in Kamanahalli. The owners name is Joe.
      Competition setup going active soon ;)

Punjabiyan di battery charge
      rendi e :)

Awesome

bbllaazzee: Nice review. I have read many reviews of Linea and found one thing in common.. their love with lady Linea! Me too is in love with this curvy lady and if things go as I have planned I will be owing this beauty soon

One good thing about FIAT is its management responds to customers issues, this is something which i really appreciate.

Awesome

bbllaazzee: Nice review. You have had a tough time with these guys it seems. Every now and then you had to go through heated arguments. But till the time the company stands by the customer, its all good .
      Competition setup going active soon ;)

status quo

Awesome

Recent incident.

I was traveling to Chennai over the weekend, filled the tank(Petrol) @ BP - Chinnar, it is a COCO pump (were A2b is located). Just post Ambur, I was driving at 90-100 kmph, the vehicle started jerking a bit when I down shifted from 5-4 and rpm meter was almost touching zero(like in bike if the Petrol is over or if there is water in petrol due to rain seeping inside the tank). I thought I was in wrong gear, so I downshifted to 3 and it was ok. But still was confused as it has never happened and the jerk was as if the engine is not getting fuel to work.

Then just before the Saveeta Dental college (PH Road, Chennai), I stopped for the signal (it was noon - 12pm) and the car stalled. The car did not start, got down and pushed the car aside with the help of the traffic police and cranked again, but no luck. There was no error/warnings in the MID. I went ahead and checked if the engine oil is low, but multiple checks showed the oil is full (just serviced 3 months back). Cranking again does not start, checked if the Fuel cut-off is triggered, but it was not. My plan of reaching home by 12:15 was all gone for a toss, just stranded 15 km away from home.

Called up the local Concorde service and he gave me the toll free, not the one in the manual. So thought some local folks, but it went to TATA toll free and they gave me another toll free for FIAT. I could have directly called the FIAT toll free Even though I said the first guy at Concorde that the car is Fiat Linea.

Called up FIAT, they took all the information and atlast told that the car is not covered in road side assistance, so they cannot help. Damn, I thought all the initial buyers had road-side assistance, since atleast I was not told that it was either extra-cost or it is not there. The lady gave a local tow-guy number and asked me to call them and get my vehicle towed to the nearest service center. Calling the tow guy, I got to know he is from Mount Road and it will take atleast 1:30 to 2 hrs to reach my place. The concorde service center is just 2 km from my house, and I am just 15 (later realized I am just 11 km away) km away from home. I thought I will anyway get the tow guy - he said the charge will be 3k for the tow-service. Since I was stranded, I agreed and asked him to come. Then I called the Concorde service in Ambattur and asked if they will help me tow, so that I can save some money, but they refused and asked me to call the toll-free.

Meanwhile I called my dad to come and pickup my wife and kid (he has an Alto). It did not strike that I could have towed using Alto (but I did not have the tow hook, need to buy one soon). After all these calls, I tried to started again - voila it started as if nothing happened

Then I immediately called the tow-guy and asked him not to come, meanwhile my dad came in few minutes, asked my family to get in the Alto and just followed the Alto slowly back home.

Reading from the FIAT FORUM, figured out that many have had this problem and attribute to Adulterated Fuel or hot air getting in the fuel mixture (Chennai was indeed hot that day). Since there was not error message or warning, not sure if the ECU log will contain any. But I am going to Concorde Dairly circle this weekend. The car is doing fine, no problem post that incident, came back to bangalore in the same car (though my dad was asking me to take the Alto). Let me see what the service folks have to say.
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bbllaazzee View Post
      Adulterated Fuel
      This should be the culprit, I had similar scenario while returning from Pune to Chennai. After too much debate and thinking, Concorde advised it is a adulterated fuel and they asked me to tank it up and drive to Chennai. Did the same and reached Chennai safely.

Car - Indica Xeta
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

status quo

Awesome

Interesting...but I had the best mileage for that trip (19.4 Kmpl) with full AC at 23C. But I have to admit, my Linea never liked fuel from any BP, it used to have engine knocking. I always use IBP or IOC COCO or Shell. Both Shell and IOC/IBP have same performance and mileage in my car.
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

PetrolPowered+DieselDriven

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bbllaazzee View Post
      I was traveling to Chennai over the weekend, filled the tank(Petrol) @ BP - Chinnar, it is a COCO pump (were A2b is located).
      My Linea gets her tankful of petrol here only during to and fro Chennai trips, but never faced any issues so far. Perhaps, my Linea has been lucky so far.
      MY HIGHWAY CRUISERS: TATA NEXON MOROCCAN BLUE DT XZA+ D [6 JULY 2018] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [15 APRIL 2013]

status quo

Awesome

I generally used to pump in IOC just before the Hosur flyover. It is on the right hand-side when coming from bangalore towards Chennai. Since there is a signal and I need to cross the road, I fueled at BP.
      It is also possible that, just before my turn to fuel, one of the bike guys fueled, not sure if that guy used oil along with petrol. Or some droplets of water might have entered via the breather in the fuel point. (There is a small hole near the fuel cap, which I think is the breather for fuel to flow freely without creating any pressure, during cleaning, water can easily enter that point).
      Think Blaze - Drive Safe

2013 Yamaha Ray
      2009 FIAT LINEA EMOTION+
      2009 ALTO
      2006 TVS Centra
      2005 BALENO LXI (59k)
      2003 Bajaj Pulsar 150
      1986 M800

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information