• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I Change Dashboard/ Guages Lights

^_^
      not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

How do I Change Dashboard/ Guages Lights

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything for dashboard lights customization.
      There are couple of threads on DIY for interior lights but nothing for Dashboard/speedo lights customizations.

I recently serviced my getz and one of the speedo lights weren't working. I saw the ASS guy just taking out the front speedo assembly and replacing it with a bulb. It was really looking very easy just to undo the screws and replace the bulbs.

So i was wondering if anybody tired anything like this?

Changing Green display to blue or crystal white? orange to white? or something.

So any info on this topic would be a great DIY thingy for our guys to customize their cars with their taste of lights
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

Awesome

i had done this on my car. but the problem is to get those coloured rubber covers which can withstand the heat from the bulbs. this is the exact area where i failed. i could not get those rubber covers anywhere.

Awesome

hey SKC its possible to change the lights ,we have changed some lights to blue , green and white before

Awesome

There is one other problem, the meter dials must be in a single color like blue of green. If so no matter what color cover you put over the bulb you get the same green or blue. But if is it plain white (inside) then all you need is to get some glass color and paint away. I'd done it with red, but sadly mine has green material on the dial so it shows a brighter green dial and red odo/trip. Have done up my bikes speedo also with red and its quite nice.

sriharsha, you can paint with glass paint or cut a colored plastic sheet and stick it over the bulb to get the effect.
      Last edited by agn; 26th Apr 2011 at 21:58.

!

Awesome

SKC....I've heard that there is a shop in Adyar where they do all the mods for speedos...I can enquire if you keen on mods...
      I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Hungry

dude, just replace all the bulb with non-focus type led's , I have changed all my old keypad mobile's keypad light with colors I liked ... Changed my old sony radio's front display backlight from orange to white...

Now what I've seen basically automobiles have a thin incandescent bulb, covered with colored rubber grommets, like sriharsha said.
      One would be to replace them with another bulb, use permanent marker of your favorite color to color the bulb, and just shove the bulb in with some cellophane tape on top inside to fill it up..
      Other way would be to replace it With LED of your choice, with an appropriate resistor...

Now I will be more than glad to do this mod for chennai Gearheads, If they bring me their speedo and that includes for bikes too , But I for one will mostly do LED mods as they look amazing....

P.S : Material is free from my side (LED, Lamp , wiring and whatever...)..
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio

^_^

Awesome

But can one change the bulbs without the rubber covers? may be just with the colored lights?

My only question is getting these rubber covers is a problem. so if one changes only the colored bulbs will i get a even display ? i mean will the light gets spreaded out evenly without having bright and dark areas in the meter?
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Sachdev View Post
      LED of your choice, with an appropriate resistor...
      Dude how to fix them in place without hurting the existing circuit sheet, without soldering and all? You are talking of the normal leds right, whats the resistor for the conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
      having bright and dark areas in the meter
      No such problems dude.

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Hungry

It all depends on color and make of the led, I know most of you know that an led is an led, but If you want it to be reliable then getting exact values is important.. Other than that some surgery is required, and as I said, I will be more than happy to help any one change his car's/bike's led if he brings his car/bike/speedo to me.. now other than that If someone actually decides to mod his car and brings his speedo to me then I will make a DIY readme to do this mod and this guide will be help full to others who are in pursuit..

P.S : I now also have a ultra cool aka 1million color led system to the 1st guy who reaches me with his speedo , that is, it gives the user option to change his speedo color instantly to the color in his imagination...
      Last edited by Dinesh Sachdev; 26th Apr 2011 at 22:30.
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio

!

Awesome

Dinesh Sachdev , I'm meeting you soon for sure.....
      I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information