• Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Ford enters used car market with "Ford Assured"

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Ford enters used car market with "Ford Assured"

Source: Ford forays into used car business - The Economic Times

Ford India is getting into the used car business with Ford Assured, used car market in India has a potential worth 3000 crore and every manufacturer wants to enter this segment. Maruti was first to start in India with its brand "True value" and following them lot of other Indian manufacturers came up with this idea. Initially they used to sell only their brand vehicles however now they have expanded to multi brand and started to sell all other manufacturer vehicles. Though Maruti, MBIL, BMW and some other marque companies sell only their brand cars.

Ford India announced launch of the multi-brand used car retail operation in Delhi, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Pune and Kochi. The company is re-entering the business in five cities as Pilot to test waters before further expansion. The business will be started in the aforementioned cities in partnership with Ford’s existing dealers.

Ford India’s significant dealers such as Harpreet Ford in Delhi, Bhagat Ford in Chandigarh, KS Ford in Jaipur, Kairali Ford in Kochi and Planet Ford in Pune – will buy, recondition and sell a wide choice of Ford and other brand cars to customers.

Foreseeing a strong growth trend in the Indian new car market, Ford expects the positive momentum to influence and boost the used car industry. Ford Assured will also offer the company’s customers an opportunity to exchange their existing Ford or other vehicles. With new Fiesta launch around the corner, Ford wants to make maximum sales by offering exchange schemes and bring a win-win situation.

Having visited the Ford Assured outlet at Harpreet Ford, Delhi, Nigel Wark, executive director – Marketing Sales and Service at Ford India said, “The demand for used cars has grown in India following the rising aspirations of the rapidly growing middle income customer group. Ford Assured allows us to offer our world class services to those who aspire to upgrade their vehicles as well as potential first-time used car buyers.”

Ford Assured offers the following incentives for customers:
      • A 169-point quality check
      • Cars are reconditioned by Ford trained and experienced technicians
      • Limited warranty of 1-year or upto 20,000 km on all car brands sold
      • Innovative and convenient buying options on purchasing from and selling to Ford Assured

Additionally, Ford Assured offers complete peace of mind to customers with initial two services without labour charges on every vehicle purchased. The customers will have the option to avail of Ford India’s premium 24-hour Roadside Assistance Service (RSA).

Ford Assured outlets would tie-ups with major banks that will provide customers with easy finance options while purchasing their used cars.
      Ford India has been expanding its sales and service network nationwide in order to strengthen its service support. The company now has more than 170 sales and service centres across 100 cities in India.
      Last edited by Gilead; 5th May 2011 at 00:06. Reason: Added source
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

^_^
      not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Do they have a used car site like how we have mahindrafirstchoice?
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
      Do they have a used car site like how we have mahindrafirstchoice?
      Nope not yet.....Dealers have some information but not sure how far it is helpful

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      Limited warranty of 1-year or upto 20,000 km on all car brands sold
      This is really Great, warranty on all car brands

IMO, if you really want customers to buy your used cars give them some warranty. what's the use of over 100 checks, which cannot be supported with warrenty and I think that's where other companies fail in used car market.

Good luck to Ford for the intiatives
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

So the established Car Makers are getting into the 2nd Hand Market. Nice to see this market in the process of getting organised
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Awesome

WOW. Finally I can find a reputed person to sell of my ford when I decide to go for that SUV I've always been dreaming about!

^_^

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
      WOW. Finally I can find a reputed person to sell of my ford when I decide to go for that SUV I've always been dreaming about!
      Dont be so excited about this, These reputed dealers will buy the cars for dirt cheap and normally they don't give good prices
      Honk if you want to see my finger!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
      Dont be so excited about this, These reputed dealers will buy the cars for dirt cheap and normally they don't give good prices
      Well, I only wanted reputed people to buy my car. Not thought about the going price yet. For one, I don't buy a car looking at what resale value I get. When I eventually sell my car, it would have clocked enough miles. I was worried that they'd ask me to pay to dispose it off.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by anubhavt View Post
      IMO, if you really want customers to buy your used cars give them some warranty.
      There would be lot of clause to the so called warranty....I will give you a classic example on how Toyota U-Trust warranty works....They would provide warranty for a Toyota vehicle if and only it is less than 5 years old...also car should not be met with any accident.....car should have clocked less than XX KM....like wise there are many things.....Warranty mostly covers engine only and most of the other parts come under wear and tear

Thread Information