• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Honda City, New Chapter. The 1.3 VTEC Just Kicked In Y0!

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

Old Honda City, New Chapter. The 1.3 VTEC Just Kicked In Y0!

like pranav mentioned here, it made much more sense to start a new thread continuing the story of my car after delousing it of the RaceDynamics and Power Wheels influence. while I realize that there is nothing I can do short of burning the whole car to rid it of every last vestige of said influence, I do believe that a lot of it has been eliminated.

my experiments with the Demon did not get off to a very auspicious start and I ended up destroying my MAP sensor. I will post more about that later. what I want to start kick off this new thread with is something delightful. now I have been known to leap before I look several times. long ago, in a similar fit I took out all the dummy plastic rectangles that covered the holes reserved for additional switches on either side of the steering column. then I dut away the partitions between them. you may ask why I was so daft. well I did it so that in the future, if I wanted more than 4 switches in total, I would have plenty of room.
      I finally have a clear vision and now I dont see any more than 4 switches required. but now Im left with gaping holes of my own creation and a bunch of crookedly dangling switches that will not grip properly. so cursing the past version of myself, I decided to cover up those holes.

that program was left hanging in air until a few days ago when I went to a little electronics shop in Hyderabad hunting for some surface mount capacitors. I didnt get what I was looking for but I saw some neat push button switches. I liked them so much that I immediately picked up four of them to replace the family typpe switches which were present. these also had the advantage of being much more low profile than the existing switches and that would ensure a more flush fitting.

only after I came home did I realize that these switches were not fit for regular use. they behaved like calling bell switches, ie. you need to keep the button pressed for the switch to remain on. cursing myself again, I set about thinking to see where I could use them. one answer struck me immediately. you see, I have a switch that connects two wires which when connected cause the CEL to flash in a pattern that reveals error codes stored in the ECU. now this switch doesnt need to be on all the time. it just needs to be on long enough for the light to finish blinking - 20 seconds at most. perfect application for these little beauties. the next question was where to install this switch. so I took a look around with a clear mind and I had my answer. Ill let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	290.5 KB 
ID:	42523

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	42524

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	42525

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	42526

Name:	5.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	382.1 KB 
ID:	42527

Name:	6.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	387.1 KB 
ID:	42528
      Last edited by 007; 5th May 2011 at 23:36.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Pressing the throttle more than 50% achieves the same purpose
      NA Power. Built, not bought.

Super Moderator

Awesome

What exactly does 'sexy new CEL flasher push button' do? Eager to hear

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by pranav View Post
      Pressing the throttle more than 50% achieves the same purpose
      it does? never knew that. until the switch, it was always "hint for a paperclip, contort yourself, locate 2 pin socket, short it".

hrag, this is what the "sexy new CEL flasher push button" does:

except without the paper clips and shit. push button, read code.

by the way, I have a question for the electrical experts out there. the power rating of these switches it written on a side. it goes like X volt, Y amp. so Im assuming the total power that a switch van carry is XY watt. does that also mean that the switch can carry Y volt and X amp without problems? or does the voltage have to be always less than or equal to X volt and current less than or equal to Y amp?
      Last edited by 007; 6th May 2011 at 08:10.

Awesome

it cannot handle anything over x volts and y amps. power rating of xy is what you have derived and that is just the numerics that you get. but a switch cannot withstand the voltage and current ratings above the mentioned values.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
      it does? never knew that. until the switch, it was always "hint for a paperclip, contort yourself, locate 2 pin socket, short it".
      With Neptune, yes. Just press the throttle more than 50% and it will start blinking the codes.
      NA Power. Built, not bought.

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

aah. Neptune. I just blew my ECU fuse and MAP sensor with that monkey bizness, remember

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

pranav, Ive posted this in the Wanted thread as well but in case you missed it, if you know of any new or used MAP sensors for sale, I would greatly appreciate it. car is idling like shit and stalling at the slightest application of load.

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post

by the way, I have a question for the electrical experts out there. the power rating of these switches it written on a side. it goes like X volt, Y amp. so Im assuming the total power that a switch van carry is XY watt. does that also mean that the switch can carry Y volt and X amp without problems? or does the voltage have to be always less than or equal to X volt and current less than or equal to Y amp?
      Just think of XY watt while installing wires,fuses and switches, its the wattage handling that matters.. but IMHO the push buttons are ugly too..
      Why don't you get switches like these :

http://www.mnpctech.3dpixelnet.com/p...ch_wiring8.jpg
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

Dinesh Sachdev, it wasnt like I went out to find switches. they found me. if I find ones like you showed though, Ill definitely get them. by the way, how do you think a black button will look instead of a red / green one?

my assumption was XY watt too but it seems now that you and sriharsha have contrary opinions about the same.

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information