• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brammo launches four 'game changing' new bikes: ones real riders will like

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Brammo launches four 'game changing' new bikes: ones real riders will like

American electric bike manufacturer Brammo is launching four new models featuring 'a game-changing mechatronic propulsion unit that emulates the feeling and performance of a traditional internal combustion engine'.

Principally, the technology – dubbed IET, for Integrated Electric Transmission – offers the rider six gears, enabling them to balance or maximise acceleration, top speed and range, just like they would on a 'real' bike.

If it works as well as Brammo claims (and they’re pretty confident, going by the fact one of the bikes is going racing this weekend) IET restores a critical element of control over how their bike performs to the rider, the absence of which on previous single ratio electric bikes is a major hurdle to e-bike uptake. Brammo goes so far as to suggest in its promo the only thing you’ll be giving up in the switch from real bikes to ’leccy ones now is the gas.

Brammo has made the possibly far-sighted step of acquiring exclusive international rights to use IET from its proprietors, Italian R&D firm SMRE.

The four new Brammos announced today, and which all feature IET and swappable Brammo Power battery packs are:

Engage MX dirt bike – anticipated price $9,995 (£6,066)
      Engage SMR super moto racer – anticipated price $9,995.00
      Engage SMS super moto – anticipated price $11,995.00 (£7,280)
      Encite MMX PRO mini dirt bike – no price announced
      They join the Empulse roadster (£8,500 - £9,350 depending on range) and Enertia commuter (£4,850 - £5,460)

Brammo Empulse

So far all pictures of the new bikes are prototypes, and range/speed claims haven’t been made.

Source - MCN

Last edited by Aargee; 6th May 2011 at 09:01.
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

nice..
      but electric vehicles powered by batteries do not excite me at all. they are definitely not practical.

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhpistorqintorpm View Post
      they are definitely not practical
      When Henry Ford invented his first car people laughed & said, "How can a wagon run without a horse?" And the same country now has one of the highest running cars in the world
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

Awesome

Batterys are charged using electricity, right? I always had a question, how much electric bill would they incur?
      And electricity if got from traditional sources is equally polluting, so!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
      Batterys are charged using electricity, right? I always had a question, how much electric bill would they incur?
      EPRI NGO (Electric Power Research Institute) says that the cost comparison between a gallon of Gasoline & Electricity works only to about $0.75.

Here's some other info - Plug-In Hybrids (or Plugin Hybrids)

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
      "How can a wagon run without a horse?"
      thats a completely different point. i can only lol at this point.

battery tech. is not new.. its been there since ages.
      i would rather be happy to see the fuel cell technology developed and made affordable.

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhpistorqintorpm View Post
      thats a completely different point. i can only lol at this point.

battery tech. is not new.. its been there since ages.
      i would rather be happy to see the fuel cell technology developed and made affordable.
      Somehow, I am more comfortable with the idea of being on a acid/alkali tanker rather than swinging my legs across a potential hydrogen bomb.

All said, this definitely looks like a good idea. However, with all the torque available frm zero to max rpm, how will one manage the bike? I mean, for a normal rider, it will be a completely new learning process.

Secondly, what will be the redline for this engine? 25000 rpm? 30000??.. How much can one twist the throttle to reach this rev limit. My wrist already hurts thinking of it.

If I get all the torque at the lowest rpm, riding on a plane surface, I would directly start off on 6th gear. I am confused now !

Awesome

Brammo To Make Electric Motorcycles That Feel More Like Gas-Powered

Today, electric motorcycle makers Brammo revealed that the company will add new electronic transmission technology, and a redesigned motor, clutch and gear shift to its lineup, that will make its motorcycles perform more like their gas-powered predecessors.

The first incorporation of this technology into the company’s product lines will be into Brammo’s new, not-yet-in-production Engage and Encite dirt bikes and racing bikes.

The electric transmission was created by SMRE srl, an Italian engineering company, which agreed to give Brammo an exclusive, global license on this technology earlier in the week according to Brammo chief executive officer Craig Bramscher.

Brammo released a new video showing the prototypes in action.

Source - Brammo To Make Electric Motorcycles That Feel More Like Gas-Powered

Awesome

Electric motorcycles pick up speed

Electric motorcycles are closing the speed gap on internal combustion bikes. Brammo won the kickoff to this year's TTXGP North American Championship series Sunday, clocking the fastest-ever lap speed at Infineon Raceway for an electric motorcycle with its Empulse RR -- and showing the quick evolution of a sport that didn't even exist until 2009.

Brammo's fastest lap time at the Sonoma raceway was 1:55.150, almost two seconds faster than last year's winning electric bike on the 2.5-mile track. Its average lap speed was within 20 seconds of the fastest qualifying lap time of a 1,000cc internal combustion superbike on the same track.

"We're definitely knocking on the door here," said Brian Wismann, director of product development for Brammo Inc., based in Ashland, Ore.

Brammo was among the first electric motorcycle manufacturers to compete in the original TTXGP on the Isle of Man in 2009. The Brammo Empulse RR is powered with an AC induction motor and 12.5-kilowatt-hour lithium ion battery pack.

Source - Electric motorcycles pick up speed | Greenspace | Los Angeles Times

O_o

Awesome

whats the fun on riding an electric bike when all it will do is make a whining sound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information