• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LPG Gas conversion on Maruti Suzuki Baleno

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

LPG Gas conversion on Maruti Suzuki Baleno

Hi Friends,

I need some inputs on whether i can convert my Baleno to LPG gas, as i am burning my pockets on fuel. Kindly help me on the below points.
      1. Is it recommended to use LPG on Baleno
      2. Any idea on savings, bcoz if its nominal i dont want to loose the power it has.
      3. Which brand should i go with like Lovata/loongas etc.,
      4. Which dealer i should get in touch with. As there are loads in bangalore and dont know who is genuine
      5. How much should i spend on the kit/installation

Looking forward for your reply guys. Kindly Help

Thanks

David Vijay

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

Well frankly speaking you will only save much if you are travelling much on highways and not inside the city in my point of view. I have Lovato Gas kit fitted in my swift, i use the gas only on highways.
      Inside the city the power and pickup is low compared to petrol.

Awesome

The best person to answer this is a.jayamohan, who's running this conversion kit for quite sometime now. I'm tagging him to seek some help for you.
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
      The best person to answer this is a.jayamohan, who's running this conversion kit for quite sometime now. I'm tagging him to seek some help for you.
      Hey thanks buddy, will check with jayamohan. Please give his contact details if you have. I will personally go and check.

Awesome

Hmm...are you willing to drive all way from Bangalore to Trivandrum or wait for a.jayamohan to respond, not sure
      Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak

Awesome

Many people are abandoning the LPG kit after conversion. According to them, LPG creates problem for engine,etc. Getting LPC also very difficult. Cost wise, slightly better. However, it has lot of negatives.

Awesome

Oh i thought he is in bangalore...anyways will wait for jayamohan to respond. Thanks.

Awesome

Oops, sorry Ganesh and David...I was a little busy with my business affairs so couldn't able to login here. I had sent a Private message to David and hope he had received it. I am using LPG Kit Lovato for the past 6 years...No power loss and getting good mileage too. Need a little care in between 3 moths. and heard that there is a New kit directly injecting gas for new generation petrol car costing around Rs 40000/- and it feels like petrol mode and no dust accumulation problem.
      Rev up a Baleno..then your smile shows the result :)

Awesome

I am using BRC sequential kit in my Baleno. I have no issues with pickup and mileage. Just a kilometer drop when compared to petrol in terms of mileage. Most important thing never ever go for ordinary kit (not sure whether they call it open or closed loop) basically I am talking about the kit which comes factory fitted with WagonR/Santro car. I had bad experience with that, go for sequential and do some research about the vendor.

Insist on, that you want to see the kit fitted in some other car which he as done earlier (again I had a mistake here ). Then check how he has done the wiring (best engineer will hide almost all the trace of LPG connection), there will be 4 holes drilled to you fuel line pipe (4 nos each to one cylinder). usually hole 1 & 2 should point to your left and 3 & 4 to your right when you stand opening the hood, the LPG injector is placed over the throttle body. Distance between the LPG injector and place where he has drilled should be minimum (basically a tube connecting both). It should not be more than 3/4 of a ft.

There are two types of tank Toroidal some 25 lts capacity and normal tank some 60 lts capacity. I would suggest to go for normal tank as you can't fill the actual full capacity of the tank. For 60Kg tank I can fill only around 50 lts.

This are the information my mechanic told me, I found his reason logical and not sure how others will differ. If design differs other will as well, but the distance between the LPG injector and fuel line should be minimum.

Check the below link for knowing your break even.

Savings Calculator

Few advantages I can say is.

1. You can reuse your kit when you sell the car.
      2. You can just replace the vaporizer and use the same kit for CNG.(this is applicable for my BRC not sure about others)
      3. High octane content more then our premium petrol, so i think its good for your engine.
      4. You can tune your Kit for better performance at anytime. (with the vendor or if you have the software)

Cost will come around 35 to 40 K, and 2K for endorsement.

I think I have spilled what I know, if needed will add more points.

- Easwar.

Awesome

kibit, Mate may be my ignorance, one doubt.. after RTO endorsement can we reuse the Tank or kit for another car? Then what about the serial no of the kit and Tank recorded in the RC book?
      Rev up a Baleno..then your smile shows the result :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information