• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Installed Roots Vibrosonic and Melody Maker :P in my AStar

not aware that he can set his status here!

Secret

Installed Roots Vibrosonic and Melody Maker :P in my AStar

I had replaced the factory horns with Bosch FC4 when i bought the car. But i didn't install it on a different circuit but just replaced the stock horns with FC4. These are great little horns with a piercing note, but i thought it was time to have another pair added as i got bored with em after an year. So in came Roots Vibrosonic and a Melody Maker..

The install was done at a local garage and the quality of work is just awesome. They created sturdy new clamps and the wiring was done very neatly using ring terminals, clips, wire duct et al I'm very fussy about proper wiring and this is done to my satisfaction.

The hors are installed at the two ends and it sits very neatly behind the fog lamps. I was worried whether they would fit in there when bumper was mounted, but they sit just fine. Eventhough there aint no grill on the bumper in front of the lamp the sound can be heard outside with good aural strength. An advantage in mounting it this way is that the horn is protected from direct spalshes of water as it sits between the bumper and fender aprons Since now i know that i can install larger horns in there, i'll replace the Vibrosonics with a larger pair when i get bored with this set after an year or so.

The Bosch FC4 was replaced too! Bosch Symphony (Windtone type) now sits in the place of FC4 as i didn't want to have two similar toned horns in my car.

The melody maker is wired such that it alternates between Vibrosonic and Symphony and the result is a pretty irritating note, hehe. Good for stubborn people who doesn't move over when honked decently. Choices i have now are - Symphony in sync, Vibrosonic in Sync and Symphony and Vibrosonic in different mutations.

Here are the pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-06-03 16.03.08.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	433.6 KB 
ID:	45269

Name:	2011-06-03 16.02.57.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	45268

Name:	2011-06-03 11.00.39.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	489.1 KB 
ID:	45267

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by supaCrank View Post
      result is a pretty irritating note,
      Be careful while using this within City, in Chennai cops are catching those vehicles using powerful horns.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      Be careful while using this within City, in Chennai cops are catching those vehicles using powerful horns.
      I plan to use the melody maker only on highways and open roads, inside the city i use either Symphony or Vibrosonic.

Extinguished GearHead
      Throttle first... Think
      later...

Awesome

What is wrong with you people? Is there already not enough god damn noise in this place that you need to add another horn, that too an irritating one? In the middle of peak ****ing traffic with a million cars ahead and no place to move you have people honking non stop. Why do you need shit like this anyway? Learn to drive man. Not to honk.
      Catch me if you can.....
      '08 Hyundai Verna CRDi

Secret

I will stop honking when others learn to drive and start seeing the roads as a road and not as their front yard. This shit is for people who dont know shit about how to use the roads. So if youre honked at then you know no shit.

Awesome

supaCrank. You will be the most famous honker soon in whole of the south! I'm pretty sure that in a 1000 years, we will never ever get rid of others who don't learn to drive and still see roads not as roads, but their front yard.
      It's going to be one shitty world!

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Apt video for this thread?

2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - Corner craving TC'd Petrol.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Extinguished GearHead
      Throttle first... Think
      later...

Awesome

wat makes you think honking will make people learn man. Do you think honking at a person who has stopped at a red signal or honking at a person stuck behind a bus is teaching him anything? People will learn to drive when they are taught the basics correctly and made to follow rules like not jumping signals and sticking to the slow lane. Your silly post reflects the stupid attitude of most people who drive around here. Im outta here.
      Last edited by optimus_prime; 8th Jun 2011 at 07:35.

Secret

What makes you think that i honk at a someone who has stopped at a signal or someone stuck behind a bus? And you don't need a pair of large horns to do either of that, even stock can be irritating.
      Most of the people who get honked at are either blind or retarded or maybe both. People with eyes and sense doesn't need honking, but thats a minority on our roads as i see.
      And then there are compulsive honkers (which you think i am LOL) who falls into the category i mentioned before.
      Your post shows about your attitude of being sitting on a moral high horse seeing and calling others names, which is as stupid and silly as you think others are.
      You don't know me as a person and neither do you know how i drive. So its better that you don't comment on something that you don't know.

MX6 you're mistaken, i like to have them on my car but i don't use it indiscriminately. I have no intention to teach the morons on the road a lesson on better driving, i just want to avoid them from coming into contact with my car (and thus save me from other hassles) because they didn't look before they did something stupid. There was a time when i wouldn't honk on the roads and used to allow traffic on my RHS right of way on a roundabout, thats when i returned from UK.

<invisible>

Awesome

Chill, masters.
      Horn upgrade is necessary in our conditions. I have done headlight and horn upgrade soon after owning a cars. Done and used rightly makes it easy for self and others.
      I use Stebel magnum windtone on my car. A gentle push makes nice beep to alert the crowd in city and a long stint makes the intension clear on highways!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information