• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: LML launches Select scooter

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

LML launches Select scooter

Lohia Motors India Limited, the company whose identity was almost forgotten by Indians although it had some good product to its credit including LML Vespa resurfaced in the domestic market with re-engineered scooters in the scooter segment with new LML NV 150cc.

There is an increasing demand of scooters in the Indian market and LML rightfully wanted to cash in on the demand and consolidate its position yet again in the scooter segment, but this time in collaboration with a Korean company Daelim in select markets of Ghaziabad and Delhi. The scooters from the anvils of LML are known for speed, stability, power and pickup, let us review if this will be the same with the new 150CC LML NV.

Looks wise the new LML 150cc scooter comes with excellent body graphics, cushioned backrest for better ergonomics and a big taillight for attractive appeal. The new handle bar design reflects new style, and there is improved speedometer with utility box. The seat saddle is spacious providing satisfying riding experience.

LML NV 150cc scooter will be available in two models, the base model and the upgraded deluxe variant. The new LML 4-stroke scooter runs on air-cooled single cylinder engine, displacing 150cc and will generate maximum power output of 8bhp@5500 rpm with a three-port technology.

The best part of the new LML 150cc scooter is how the engine produces so much power, making riding experience smooth and also fun filled. The engine of LML NV is comes with electronic ignition system. And, there is a 4-speed gearbox which is a compact unit, and it uses two cables. The clutch system is smooth but the new LML NV 150 cc scooter lacks the auto lubrication system which is almost a norm in today’s 4-stroke scooters.
      The LML NV comes with drum brakes both front and rear and the wheelbase larger at 1235mm provide greater stability to the rider. The fuel tank capacity is about 8 liters and that’s huge.

LML claims that both the variants of scooters deliver fuel efficiency of 55km/litre. The base version is expected to be available at ex-showroom price of Rs. 39,897 in Delhi for the base model and the other upgraded variant will be available Rs.40, 800.

Currently, LML has limited presence in the Indian market, but with its new product launch it is expected to expand its market share in eastern India.

Those who thought that LML is dead, wake up, because the desi scooter maker and India’s largest scooter exporter, is now back with a bang and consumers will have more choice for the geared scooters.

Source - Bikes4Sale
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Am Seeing Ads in the paper inviting Dealers for the Vespa
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Punjabiyan di battery charge
      rendi e :)

Awesome

Saw LML's ad 2 days before in newspaper. For unknown reasons I felt happy, may be because I had one (LML Select). It was a fantasic and most desirable two wheeler when it got launched (IMO). I loved its smoothness and pickup.

Not sure what its fate going to be now, when every one prefers Activa, DIO and the likes.

Wish LML all the success!
      If God solves our problems we trust HIS abilities. If HE does not, HE trusts our abilities.

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by gonugupta View Post
      Saw LML's ad 2 days before in newspaper. For unknown reasons I felt happy, may be because I had one (LML Select). It was a fantasic and most desirable two wheeler when it got launched (IMO). I loved its smoothness and pickup.

Not sure what its fate going to be now, when every one prefers Activa, DIO and the likes.

Wish LML all the success!
      I am not sure if that's a LML ad. I remember seeing the VESPA ad.

I do hope that VESPA bring some good scooters to India. Currently we seem to have only two good options - Activa and Access 125. I have heard good reviews about DIO and WEGO but have not seen many on the road particularly in Chennai. Not sure as to what happened to the AVIATOR as well.

I think 10 years down the line as the population gets older, the demand for scooters will increase. So VESPA do have an opportunity to have a share in the market. I met few customers in Suzuki showroom in Nandhanam and asked them for their reasons to chose Access 125. Most of them said that they wanted to get ACTIVA but since the waiting period was long(2 months at least), they considered Access 125.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Punjabiyan di battery charge
      rendi e :)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      I am not sure if that's a LML ad. I remember seeing the VESPA ad
      My bad. That was for Vespa.
      If God solves our problems we trust HIS abilities. If HE does not, HE trusts our abilities.

Take it easy

Awesome

LML scooters have been on sale in select cities for over 3 years now. LML launches new version of NV brand scooter. The beleaguered two wheeler company LML has launched its second geared scooter in the domestic market, on the back of a revival of demand in domestic scooter market. LML has introduced a 4-stroke version of its NV brand of scooters in select market of Delhi and Ghaziabad. Available in two variants, LML claims the 150 cc scooter delivers a fuel efficiency of 55 km/litre. It is available at an ex-showroom price of Rs 39,897 for the base version and Rs 40,800 for the deluxe variant in Delhi.
      LML launches new version of NV brand scooter - Economic Times
      Very recently it was launched in Goa too.
      LML, a brand known for the famous Vespa scooters is on its road to recovery. After facing a lock-out in 2005-06 the company again started its operation in 2010. LML first launched the products only in North India and has now spread its wings where there is demand for the LML Scooters. One such market is Goa which has a good fan following.
      LML launches new Select scooter in Goa | Goa On Wheels
      The journey of a thousand miles begins with 1 step.............................on the gas !

Thread Information