• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical Hatchback, Decent Performer & VFM – Figo 1.2 Petrol

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      Both the times DTE was reached very low - 8 and 6 respectively!
      This DTE is quite low, I mostly refuel when DTE reading is at approx. 200.
      By the way, what amount of fuel we can expect in tank when say DTE is as low as 10.
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Ye, DTE was surely very low, and I should not have waited till it reach so low.

At the first time I couldn't mange it to get to the fuel station and second time, it was about to sent to FASS. Call was expected since two days before I sent it, but mean time car had some run, so consumed some fuel and DTE read low at the time I sent the car to FASS. I fueled it when I got the car back, so it went on further low by 10-15kms before I reach petrol pump.

In my car, I expect around 42 lts for a tankful to the brim (+/- .5 lt) exactly and +/- 2 lts depending on the "kripa" of the petrol pump!

I normally refuel before DTE reach 60, when car is not supposed to be on highways.
      Last edited by Dev11; 26th Jul 2012 at 10:19.

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by yksharma View Post
      By the way, what amount of fuel we can expect in tank when say DTE is as low as 10.
      Still it will have 5-7 litres. But to be on the safer side, always refuel well before that.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Awesome

New seat belt with motor got installed, under warranty!
      Comedy of Errors!

I got a delivery on that day after a fix for Seat Belt motor and had an immediate look at seat belt clip uttering like - "whether it is fixed properly this time or not. . ." along with SA. Found clip facing the cabin/seat correctly.

Two days later, when I was squeezing through the traffic (flock of humans on foot/on rides/in vehicles) through a narrow lane, without seat belt in need to get my head out to have a look around the wheels, I heard tak-tak rattle sound near my right ear.

Later on I realized that the seat belt was fixed twisted, ofcourse wrongly, as it was earlier on my stock Figo! :shock: The twist was present at the top near the trim panel, which I didn't noticed!

Last time, I got this rectified at FASS and later on it failed few days ago!

So, I went again to FASS asking them for easy and quick solution or else decided to let it be like that only. But this time, I got it fixed in withing 10-15 minutes and there was no need to open any panel. But last time I had to leave the car for few hours for the same problem!!

Awesome

So, I went again to FASS asking them for easy and quick solution or else decided to let it be like that only
      It means FASS did not fix it properly when they fixed the belt under warranty. Hmm.. typical of Indian automobile service centers!

Awesome

It means FASS did not fix it properly when they fixed the belt under warranty. Hmm.. typical of Indian automobile service centers!
      Yap! Seems so! Good part on them is they just asked me whether this is the same seat belt already worked on and straight away told me that it is under warranty!

Awesome

Off the topic
      Good part on them is they just asked me whether this is the same seat belt already worked on and straight away told me that it is under warranty!
      With respect to this, I wonder at times that people mainly criticize sales advisers/management if issues are not fixed in a proper way.

But the ground work force like technicians, mechanics etc are rarely talked about. They are the actual guys who work on vehicles, it will be interesting to know that how they are trained, paid, their work life balance etc. Because a happy and satisfied human being will work with quality and interest .

Awesome

With respect to this, I wonder at times that people mainly criticize sales advisers/management if issues are not fixed in a proper way.

But the ground work force like technicians, mechanics etc are rarely talked about. They are the actual guys who work on vehicles, it will be interesting to know that how they are trained, paid, their work life balance etc. Because a happy and satisfied human being will work with quality and interest
      You are right! It can be concluded that the work was accomplished last time by an apprentice and not by any technician. But this time, another technician/SA did it in few minutes! It was actually a simple job, even I could have done it with the help of allen key, if I would have knew it!

Awesome

False Rattles!

False Rattles!

This kind of rattling noises are mostly caused by followings -

• Seat belt clip knocking on the panel -
        Belt must be left twisted!
        Untwist it, so that metal clip faces the cabin/seat and rubber holding towards panel.

• Seat belt at rear put under the seat -
        If you don't want it lying on the seat,
        then you should keep the metal clip out and let the rest of the belt under the seat.

• Loosel parcel tray - Need to push and fix properly.

• Coins in door pockets at rear/front doors.

• If spare wheel is not tighten properly along with the jack.

And when ladies are occupants are in majority, then more than anything -

• Some metal items like rings, clips, etc decorating the ladies purses and even sometimes bangles, knocking continuously on the door pad!

Awesome

Rear Twist Beam (Rs. 9231/) , Power steering Hose (Rs. 3233/-) replaced along with the Power steering fluid (1 lt - Rs. 478/-) and other couple of things as a part of Ford Campaign applicable to my VIN.

I had a call on last Friday for the inspection and replacement, if required. Couldn't understand this is so crucial and major part!

Felt good, feeling good that Ford is not unnecessary over-shy or conservative and taking preemptive measures to avoid any danger or loss to its vehicle owners, a recall, as can be said!

Thank you Ford!

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread Information